GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

TRUE Linkswear

2»

Comments

• Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers  81WRX Points: 39Posts: 81 Fairways

I’ve been looking into the Majors. They look real nice, but stability is what I am curious about. Currently wearing FJ Pro SLs. Can anyone compare the two?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4561WRX Points: 324Posts: 4,561 Titanium Tees

On -, @jgallant415 said:

I’ve had the TL-01 for about 4 weeks now and have walked 5 rounds in them. Super comfortable walking shoe, ultra lightweight, and decent grip for a spikeless.

Only criticism is that the leather seems to crease pretty bad, so I do wonder about durability. Also, while I like the fit, I wouldn’t describe the toe box as particularly wide the way TL advertises it.

That said, I do like them enough that I’m considering a pair of the OG Premiums.

I want a white pair. They look great

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • geauxgolf21geauxgolf21 Members  57WRX Points: 52Posts: 57 Bunkers

Got my off white knits today and I think I’m going to exchange them. I love the comfort, feel and overall look but am concerned the off white is going to get/stay too dirty for my liking. I think i’m going to go with the grey or the #MSStrong. May change my mind before sending back though. May just get another pair to compliment the off white.

Posted:
  • FEUOFEUO LaSalle, OntarioMembers  268WRX Points: 73Posts: 268 Greens

Ya, white knit shoes make me paranoid. Near impossible to keep clean especially if you are using them to golf.

Posted:
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife SLC, UTMembers  889WRX Points: 155Handicap: 5Posts: 889 Golden Tee

Hat/shoes from Black Friday still going strong into the season.

Posted:

Mizuno ST190HL w/ Ventus Blue 6x

Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 3 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 5 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

Srixon z785 4-PW w/ x100

Mizuno T20 52 w/ s400

Taylormade Milled 56/60 w/ s400

Special Select NP2

Ball: Srixon XV

Grip: Midsize Z-grip

• jgallant415jgallant415 ClubWRX  401WRX Points: 136Handicap: 12Posts: 401 ClubWRX

Pulled the trigger on a pair of the new gray OG Premiums. Still new, but big fan. A shade heavier than the TLs, but very light overall and definitely a great fit for a wide foot. Have played in light dew and the grip is solid. Doesn’t hurt either that they look way cooler than your average golf shoe....

Posted:

Cobra SpeedZone 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 15*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

Titleist TS2 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Apex ‘19 Hybrid 23*, KBS TOUR Graphite Hybrid Proto 85S

Callaway Apex CF19, 5-P, KBS $-Taper Lite S

Vokey SM7, 48.F, 54.S, 58.D

Bettinardi Studio Stock #3

Advertisement
  • dave williedave willie Members  847WRX Points: 107Posts: 847 Golden Tee

I've put in about 100 rounds on my Originals,and I love the shoe. It is a different feel with the zero drop, but it didn't take me long to adapt. They are super comfortable, and I've walked (with carry bag) 36 holes several times without any foot issues. When I tried to go back to my Adidas 360 Ltd's, with traditional drop, and I couldn't hit the ball consistently at the range. Luckily I brought along the Trues so I changed to them before hitting the course. The only complaint I have is that the Originals could breathe a little better. My feet get sweaty in hot weather wearing them. My solution was to spray foot powder in the shoe before playing, and spray the powder on my socks before putting on the shoes. It doesn't entirely solve the problem, but at least my feet don't stink so much after playing,

Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5 HZRDUS 6.0 55g
    Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
    Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* KBS 80-S
    Ping i210 4-PW AWT 2.0 R
    Cleveland 588 50* & 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Cameron Del Mar Two Tei
  • CousinDonutsCousinDonuts Members  69WRX Points: 39Handicap: 6Posts: 69 Bunkers

Count me as a fan of the knits. Discovered them in spring 2018 and now own 3 pairs. I love them for walking. Didn't personally notice any swing changes due to the lower drop. It's the guy swinging the club up top that needs some work...

Posted:
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4561WRX Points: 324Posts: 4,561 Titanium Tees

Any TL-01 thoughts?

Posted:
  • beazlejsbeazlejs Members  49WRX Points: 46Posts: 49 Bunkers

I've got a pair of the black TL-01. I wear them as much out and about as I do on the golf course. I love the zero drop and the leather is super soft. They don't have that natural width toe box that the Originals look to have, but I have wider feet and don't feel like they are jammed in at all.

Posted:
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife SLC, UTMembers  889WRX Points: 155Handicap: 5Posts: 889 Golden Tee

On -, @dave willie said:

I've put in about 100 rounds on my Originals,and I love the shoe. It is a different feel with the zero drop, but it didn't take me long to adapt. They are super comfortable, and I've walked (with carry bag) 36 holes several times without any foot issues. When I tried to go back to my Adidas 360 Ltd's, with traditional drop, and I couldn't hit the ball consistently at the range. Luckily I brought along the Trues so I changed to them before hitting the course. The only complaint I have is that the Originals could breathe a little better. My feet get sweaty in hot weather wearing them. My solution was to spray foot powder in the shoe before playing, and spray the powder on my socks before putting on the shoes. It doesn't entirely solve the problem, but at least my feet don't stink so much after playing,

This is me! I literally could only top balls when I went back to my 360's. I now have 4 pairs of True's. I'm loving the new releases but will probably wait until another big sale to get anymore. They can be a bit pricey but it's pretty normal for the market I suppose.

Posted:

Mizuno ST190HL w/ Ventus Blue 6x

Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 3 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 5 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

Srixon z785 4-PW w/ x100

Mizuno T20 52 w/ s400

Taylormade Milled 56/60 w/ s400

Special Select NP2

Ball: Srixon XV

Grip: Midsize Z-grip

Advertisement
  • CousinDonutsCousinDonuts Members  69WRX Points: 39Handicap: 6Posts: 69 Bunkers

On -, @geauxgolf21 said:

Got my off white knits today and I think I’m going to exchange them. I love the comfort, feel and overall look but am concerned the off white is going to get/stay too dirty for my liking. I think i’m going to go with the grey or the #MSStrong. May change my mind before sending back though. May just get another pair to compliment the off white.

I won't wear my off-white knits if my round starts in damp or dew-y conditions. When they are damp the toe could pick up dirt or sand (fix, stay out of the bunkers) and discolor. For some weird reason I find that odd when I look down. So on those days I wear the other colors or something leather. But when it's dry, I find they don't get too dirty. I'd say I give mine a little wash (detergent and water) about every 3-4 wears.

Posted:
  • dave williedave willie Members  847WRX Points: 107Posts: 847 Golden Tee

True also has great customer service. I bought a pair of Originals new in box on eBay, and the upper on the left shoe started separating from the sole after maybe 85 rounds walking all the time. Since I bought the shoes on eBay they couldn't take care of me as a normal warranty issue. Instead they gave me a really nice discount on a new pair. It was something they weren't required to do, but they took care of me. That's how you build brand loyalty!

Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5 HZRDUS 6.0 55g
    Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
    Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* KBS 80-S
    Ping i210 4-PW AWT 2.0 R
    Cleveland 588 50* & 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Cameron Del Mar Two Tei
  • fullbodyfixfullbodyfix SF, CAMembers  113WRX Points: 43Handicap: 10Posts: 113 Fairways

Nice to see a lot of True truthers here. Been a fan since 2012. Currently wear OGs (mostly) or knits if it’s a known dry situation. One thing I really love is since the knits are so comfy and look like a sneaker - pack one pair. Going to Maui in 2 weeks and will both wear them on the plane and on the courses. Love being able to lighten the load.

Posted:
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag Members  240WRX Points: 78Posts: 240 Fairways

Looking to buy a pair of originals I think, but I am curious of sizing.....In Nike's/Under Armour running shoes I wear 14. In true knits I also wear 14. In FJ and Ecco shoes I wear 13...what do yall suggest?

Posted:
  • toothysaw2toothysaw2 Members  119WRX Points: 68Handicap: 7ishPosts: 119 Fairways

I’m same sizes as you and my OGs are size 14. I think 13 would’ve been fine. I have narrow feet and the 14 is a tad loose in the ankle, but no weird rubbing or stability issues.

Posted:
    PING G400 Max - 10.5*, Tour S
    PING G - 14.5*, Tour S
    PING G400 - 19*, Tour S
    PING i200, 4-PW, Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM7 Raw, 50* (F), 54* (S), 58* (M)
    Artisan 0117

Advertisement
  • mahblesmahbles Members  155WRX Points: 97Posts: 155 Fairways

I love the knits, I have the gray and navy pair, but I wear them exclusively for work and around town. I have never played a round of golf in them because there's no lateral support when I'm hitting the ball, I like the lateral support. I also think the weave would let sand into the shoe when I get into a bunker, but there's a decent amount of cusion, and I love wearing them with shorts, jeans and for casual or work environments. Even better, I love the fact that i can toss them in the laundry machine to clean the knit uppers.

I have a pair of originals that I wear during the colder and wetter times. The waterproofing is decent and my only issue with the Originals is the amount of dried grass that accumulates between the vamp and the inner bootie, if that makes sense. I use a can of compressed air to get it out, but it seems like they could have worked on that.

Posted:
    • PXG Gen 2 0811XF 9* - Mitsu Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 stiff
    • PXG Gen 2 0341X 15* - Fuji PRO 2.0 6S stiff
    • PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* - Fuji PRO 2.0 8HB stiff
    • PXG Gen 2 0317X 22* - Fuji PRO 2.0 8HB stiff
    • PXG Gen 3 0311P 5-GW - True Temper Elevate Pro stiff
    • PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled 54 - True Temper Elevate Pro stiff
    • PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Milled 58 - True Temper Elevate Pro stiff
    • Scotty Cameron California Coronado - Stock 34"

do the TL-01 have enough cushion to walk the golf course? my dad loves his that i bought him for Xmas, but he walks to and from the cart. id like to get a gray pair or white pair for walking rounds. just want to make sure there is enough cushion.

Posted:
  • wrbush31wrbush31 Members  1372WRX Points: 180Posts: 1,372 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    WITB 2/3/16:
    Driver - Golf club
    3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
    Irons - More Golf clubs
    Wedges - Knives
    Putter - wrench

Thanks

Posted:
  • Stephens24Stephens24 Members  281WRX Points: 74Posts: 281 Greens

Question for the shoe experts.....I have white originals for almost 2 years now which I love and about to buy another pair. Now granted I don’t really take care of my shoes, just toss them in back of car when done. So my originals have a lot of creases on top (toe crease?) is there anyway to prevent that for the next pair? Is that what those shoe trees are for? Do you guys do this?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.