Ok to sell PXG for heros clubs?

cgbmcgbm Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Let me start by saying that yes i am a vet. I have taken part in the program and have purchased a driver and putter from it. I love the clubs and have no desire to sell them.

Now - i see many new PXG clubs popping up and wonder how many are from the program. I then wonder if its within the terms to sell them. Then i ponder if its morally right to do this.

So im wondering the general thoughts around it. No judgement, or ill feelings from me. Just trying to see what joe public would think.

Comments

• cgbmcgbm Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

i restate that i will not be selling PXG clubs from the program (or any other methods) ever. Especially now that i created this topic.

Just wonder the thoughts

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I don’t see a problem with selling them once you are done with them. Now if you are just taking advantage of the program to flip them and make a buck then yeah you’re a POS in my book (not you OP, just painting with a broad brush).

Granted I know there’s something in the PXG contract stating that you can’t sell them blah blah but once they have my money and I have their product, the transaction is over and I may do with them as I please.

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• Nick081974Nick081974 Members Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bottom line is it isn't just PXG that offers their line at a good discount or free the majority of the companies do. The thing is the companies aren't having a loss from it as you are spending money and in PXG's case on large discount or free on dead stock that would just sit and a modest discount on the current line. My opinion is the stuff is yours to do what you please and and you shouldn't feel any different unless you are blatantly abusing the program and if they suspected that I'm sure they would let you know. Yes you can see the influx of PXG equipment due to current promotions on the BST, so the potential buyers will dictate the desire/price and if the stuff will move. I haven't decided what I will do with my stuff as I haven't played with them yet, but if I decide to sell I will have no second thought on it as they are mine. Again that is MY opinion on that matter.

- Taylormade M2 9.5
    - Taylormade M2 3W
    - Taylormade M2 3h
    - Taylormade M4 4-PW
    - Vokey SM6 50* & 60*
    - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    - TM Tour Preferred X
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying and selling them with a profit motive would be very inappropriate to me. But as said above, when you're done with them, put them up for sale.

TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It’s whomever’s right to do what they wish when they become owner of the object. Is it morally right to pay the manufacturers pennies on the dollar and sell them at retail mark up?

Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • jdvela55jdvela55 Sin City, NVMembers Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryd3 said:
    Buying and selling them with a profit motive would be very inappropriate to me. But as said above, when you're done with them, put them up for sale.

I second this!

FORMERLY KNOWN AS AZTEC575

TM R1 w/ Oban Devotion
    Callaway Xhot 3 deep Oban Revenge
    Ping G25 5w Oban Kiyoshi
    Callaway Apex 5 - PW w/ KBS V Steel
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #2
    Callaway MD 2 50*, 54*, and 58* wedges
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The only problem I have is someone buying with no intentions of playing, but rather just flipping a quick profit. If you bought and tried, and they weren’t for you, then feel free to sell. What price you sell for is between you and the buyer.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 26, 2019 7:07pm #10

buying to flip= needs to go back to basic training.

once used and not a good fit= what can you do but sell/trade?

Post edited by TIM929 on
  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I would say buying to flip isn't in the spirit of the program and taking advantage of it which could potentially cause PXG to do away with the program or put limitations on it. Thereby potentially impacting others who were buying with no intention of flipping.

On the flip side, if you bought them and didn't like them or were ready for something new, then I'd say that's fair to sell them or trade them in.

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

No issues, you purchased them, they are yours, up to you to do with them as you see fit. If the program was/is abused, I'd imagine PXG simply limiting how many sets one may buy

• GraymulliganGraymulligan Members Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Shipwreck said:
    Now if you are just taking advantage of the program to flip them and make a buck then yeah you’re a POS in my book (not you OP, just painting with a broad brush).

I 100% agree with this sentiment, and would extend it to people who get deals like "friends and family" discounts, or have some hookup through a friend. Use the discount, buy the stuff, and enjoy it. Once you start leveraging those programs to make a buck, you're probably not someone I'd get along with.

M5 w/Rogue
    Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
    RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
    PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
    MD3 50/54/58
    Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

• mb889mb889 Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Looks like there are plenty of PXG flippers doing exactly this. It’s a shame in my opinion. > @Graymulligan said:

@Shipwreck said:
    Now if you are just taking advantage of the program to flip them and make a buck then yeah you’re a POS in my book (not you OP, just painting with a broad brush).

I 100% agree with this sentiment, and would extend it to people who get deals like "friends and family" discounts, or have some hookup through a friend. Use the discount, buy the stuff, and enjoy it. Once you start leveraging those programs to make a buck, you're probably not someone I'd get along with.

M5 10.5 Diamana B
    M2 16.5 AD DI7
    915 19* diamond blue
    PXG gen1 5-pw
    SM6 50, 54, 60
    Odyssey 7s
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 807 BST Banned

@Krt22 said:
    No issues, you purchased them, they are yours, up to you to do with them as you see fit. If the program was/is abused, I'd imagine PXG simply limiting how many sets one may buy

This. If an OEM keeps sending discounted sets to an individual, they're as willing to take someone's money as the buyer is. And let's be honest -- military discounts are admirable but companies aren't losing money on 'em.

• ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cgbm said:
    Let me start by saying that yes i am a vet. I have taken part in the program and have purchased a driver and putter from it. I love the clubs and have no desire to sell them.

Now - i see many new PXG clubs popping up and wonder how many are from the program. I then wonder if its within the terms to sell them. Then i ponder if its morally right to do this.

So im wondering the general thoughts around it. No judgement, or ill feelings from me. Just trying to see what joe public would think.

I would bet 2/3 to 3/4 in f PXG clubs selling on ebay are from heroes program

• straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ckay said:
    It’s whomever’s right to do what they wish when they become owner of the object. Is it morally right to pay the manufacturers pennies on the dollar and sell them at retail mark up?

In most cases the physical manufacturer (if not owned by the company ultimately selling the goods) is contracted to make said item. They wouldn't even be making the item if it weren't for the actual product owner paying them to do so.

And, the item can't be "marked up" at retail unless you market the item and essentially buy market share and pay for that mark up.

So that's a really bad example. To even suggest that could be immoral...

• ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They now charge $125 an iron and charge a 20% restock fee if you return clubs so yeah if you dont like them Id definitely sell. Their business practices/pricing all over the map.

• Dpak05Dpak05 Dpak Members Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭

@ssfranny said:
    They now charge $125 an iron and charge a 20% restock fee if you return clubs so yeah if you dont like them Id definitely sell. Their business practices/pricing all over the map.

Did this recently change?

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 915 D2[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wood:Titleist 915F[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hybrids: Titleist 816H1
    Irons: Srixon z545 4-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 52/56/60
    Putter: Bettinardi SS#2
    Grips: Lamkin Z5
    Ball: Anything I can find[/font]
    [/font]
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ssfranny said:

What was the price before?

• JasonPetermannJasonPetermann Members Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭

$105

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 w/Fujikura Pro 62 Green
    Ping G410 3 Fairway w/Alta CB 65
    Ping G410 4 Hybrid w/Alta CB 70
    Ping G410 5 hybrid w/Alta CB 70
    Callaway Rogue Pro 6-PW w/ Recoil 760 F3
    Callaway MD3 - 50, 54 and 60
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle
    Callaway Chrome Soft/Z-Star
    Sun Mountain 2017 Sync
  • AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX Posts: 1,552 ClubWRX

Offering a discount for Veterans and First Responders, just a horrible business practice.

• Dpak05Dpak05 Dpak Members Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭

@AzSuperHack76 said:
    Offering a discount for Veterans and First Responders, just a horrible business practice.

Did I miss the sarcasm in this one?

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 915 D2[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wood:Titleist 915F[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hybrids: Titleist 816H1
    Irons: Srixon z545 4-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 52/56/60
    Putter: Bettinardi SS#2
    Grips: Lamkin Z5
    Ball: Anything I can find[/font]
    [/font]
  • HuskyFanHuskyFan ClubWRX Posts: 102 ClubWRX

@Graymulligan said:

@Shipwreck said:

Agree with these as well. I think selling is fine, just pass the savings on to the next person instead of trying to make a quick buck.

• AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX Posts: 1,552 ClubWRX

@Dpak05 said:

@AzSuperHack76 said:

Did I miss the sarcasm in this one?

Very much so.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file