Visited Carbon Putters Today

MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm currently traveling and am right now in the Denver area and had some time to kill today. Being a putter and putting enthusiast, I wanted to take the opportunity to see if there was something related to that in the area I should check out, and decided to visit Carbon Putters. They are a small company consisting of two twin brothers and their mother. I had not made an appointment, but when I came I was friendly greeted by the brothers. They have two spaces in a business complex, one where they mill and build all the putters which was really cool to see, and another small space next door that had a putting green and tons of absolutely gorgeous putters lining the wall!

They had more models than I thought they did and they had them in different weights, with different necks and in several different incredible finishes. Their other company is The Putter Lounge, which is a re-finish business, so they do that part as good as anyone. If you custom order a putter from them, they will add whatever sight aids or engravings you wish, but most of these were very minimal, which is right up my alley. After having spent about 10 seconds in there, I knew I was bringing something home with me.

There were several putters I loved, but I finally picked out a favourite and they put me on Quintic and made some small loft and lie tweaks to it, then back to Quintic a few times back and forth before the putter was perfectly setup for me. Then they put a new grip of my choice on it.

Again, I had not booked an appointment! They never tried to push me or rush me in any way, they were just really helpful in getting the perfect putter in my hands. I can't say enough good things about my visit, I was very positively surprised. If you are ever in the Denver area, I highly recommend stopping by!

Attached are some pictures of my new Faxon inspired putter. :-)

Comments

• coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That’s pretty cool. Congrats on the new putter!

• LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Putter looks amazing, good choice.

Callaway XR 10.5°
    Adams Tight Lies 2 5W 19°
    Callaway 3h 20°
    Mizuno MP60 4,6,8,W
    Mizuno MPT Raw Haze 53°, 56° 
    Cobra King Black 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach  #6 
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet putter, any pics of their shop and putting area by chance?

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MattM97 said:
    Sweet putter, any pics of their shop and putting area by

Thanks! Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures of their shop or putting area. The putting green itself wasn’t anything special, but it was fun that they had so many different putters and a Quintec. The shop with the machines was cool to see though!

• MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maximilian said:

@MattM97 said:
    Sweet putter, any pics of their shop and putting area by

Thanks! Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures of their shop or putting area. The putting green itself wasn’t anything special, but it was fun that they had so many different putters and a Quintec. The shop with the machines was cool to see though!

No worries was more curious about the wall of putters and the machine shop. I wonder if they'll post some on their IG one day.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • wilymowilymo GAMembers Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

I love Carbon Putters. I've bought a couple putters from them. I did the same thing on the Quintec system. I've also had some putters refinished. 5 stars all around.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file