GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

$35 Rangefinder - Simmons ProTarget

mvhoffman ·  
mvhoffmanmvhoffman MikeyNEPAMembers  1747WRX Points: 226Handicap: 10Posts: 1,747 Platinum Tees
Joined:  edited Jul 25, 2019 in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1

So I was fortunate enough to find one of these brand new on ebay for 34.99 which included shipping. It is old store stock. Unopened, 3/4 dead battery, but a heck of a deal. Easy, accurate, and it has the automatic slope adjust number on it. It's a simple good rangefinder at a steal of a price.
If you are in the market for a rangefinder and don't want to spend the cash, go for it.

Posted:
Driver - Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60g S Shaft
Irons/Wedges - Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Stiff Shaft
                            Ping i25 4-LW w Ping CFS Stiff Shafts
Grips - Golf Pride MCC +4 Driver/2iron, NDMC Standard 4-LW
Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w Custom PX 6.0 shaft @ 33"
Putter Grip - Golf Pride SNSR Straight 104
Ball - Callaway Diablo Tour 3 Piece

Comments

• cristphotocristphoto Members  4010WRX Points: 398Handicap: 7Posts: 4,010 Titanium Tees

That's an amazing price - hope it works well for you. To compare, just today I had to replace the CR-2 battery in my Bushnell V4 and a 2-pack cost $15.00.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members  374WRX Points: 101Handicap: 3Posts: 374 Greens

Another great example of where Laser technology is....everyone has it and the Bushnell's of the Industry no longer have an edge but continue to over charge for basic technology.

Posted:
  • GautamaGautama Members  823WRX Points: 208Handicap: 9Posts: 823 Golden Tee

On -, @cristphoto said:

That's an amazing price - hope it works well for you. **To compare, just today I had to replace the CR-2 battery in my Bushnell V4 and a 2-pack cost $15.00. **

Wow, that's some perspective isn't it? A range finder for the price of 4 batteries! Makes me wonder how much we could all save in a year if we really stayed on the lookout for both bargains and gouging on everything. I feel like you could almost double your expendable income if you worked hard enough to find the deals and steals and avoid the "full retail" pitfall.

Posted:
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • enfuegoenfuego Members  162WRX Points: 79Posts: 162 Fairways

Amazon basics has way better prices on batteries, 12 for $18. They last just as long, maybe longer. No need to waste $7.50/battery. Even if you want a big name battery brand amazon has better prices on those too.

Posted:

Taylormade SIM Driver 8* / Fujikura Ventus Black 6x

Taylormade SIM Rocket 3w 14* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6s

Taylormade SIM 5w 19* / Diamana S+ 75s

Callaway Apex CF19 Irons 4-AW / Dynamic Gold TI x100

CBX2 Wedges 54*, 60* / Dynamic Gold TI s400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport / Matador Grip (blacked out)

Taylormade TP5x

Crossline Oversize - Woods / Tour Velvet Midsize - Irons & Wedges

• propmanpropman Members  1832WRX Points: 145Handicap: 15Posts: 1,832 Platinum Tees

On -, @swgolfer said:

Another great example of where Laser technology is....everyone has it and the Bushnell's of the Industry no longer have an edge but continue to over charge for basic technology.

Just like big name golf clubs when buying new.

Posted:
    15 hcp
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers  8165WRX Points: 1,386Handicap: +1.5 (1194646)Posts: 8,165 Titanium Tees

On -, @enfuego said:

Amazon basics has way better prices on batteries, 12 for $18. They last just as long, maybe longer. No need to waste $7.50/battery. Even if you want a big name battery brand amazon has better prices on those too.

this...so much this lol

Posted:

Tour M3 460 / 10.1* (set -2*) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"
    SC Futura X Broomstick Putter experiment

Advertisement
  • propmanpropman Members  1832WRX Points: 145Handicap: 15Posts: 1,832 Platinum Tees

The price for some range finders is outrageous. That being said, I like to see some reviews of this product iro its durability and accuracy.

Posted:
    15 hcp
  • mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey NEPAMembers  1747WRX Points: 226Handicap: 10Posts: 1,747 Platinum Tees

So far... accurate. It is an all around nice rangefinder. If it had the stabilization that would be awesome but for $35 I can't complain

Posted:
    Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w Custom PX 6.0 shaft @ 33"

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3695WRX Points: 692Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,695 Titanium Tees

On -, @swgolfer said:

It's like anything else really. The more expensive Bushnell will perform faster and more reliably, but is it worth the extra $? That's for the consumer to decide.

Posted:

PING Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5* (Cobra SZ 10.5* and SZ Xtreme 10.5*)

Adams a7 19* (Cobra F9 4w)

Titleist 718 AP2 4-P (PING G25 23* 4h)

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Scottsdale Anser

Srixon QST, Bushnell Phantom GPS

• swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members  374WRX Points: 101Handicap: 3Posts: 374 Greens

Absolutely it is for the Consumer to decide, $100's more for a 1000th of a second faster seems a bit of a waste to me. The technology of capturing the Flag quickly and not getting background yardages is in any of the quality lasers now, yes Bushnell's High end Lasers may be slightly faster and more Bells and Whistles but they no longer have a edge in my opinion on actually capturing the flag and displaying the yardage in milliseconds, the difference is they are way higher in price and as it goes in the Corporate world going backward in prices doesn't fly on the balance sheet. Meanwhile quality lasers from multiple company's are much less and gaining market share....seen it in many other industries.

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3695WRX Points: 692Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,695 Titanium Tees

I have only tried one budget laser that a friend had, and it was definitely not as nice nor reliable as the V4 Tour I use. You constantly had to scan across the flag to make sure you were hitting the flag vs. the background. Ultimately we ended up with similar enough #s, but the Bushnell was point, shoot, done. The budget laser not so much.

Posted:

PING Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5* (Cobra SZ 10.5* and SZ Xtreme 10.5*)

Adams a7 19* (Cobra F9 4w)

Titleist 718 AP2 4-P (PING G25 23* 4h)

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Scottsdale Anser

Srixon QST, Bushnell Phantom GPS

Advertisement

Not sure what "Budget" laser you tried but there are several High Quality Lasers at much less than the "V4 at $349, Precision Pro, Golf Buddy, Nikon and others are $199 and less. If you had all the Lasers in front of you with no branding and tried them for quality and performance you would not find much difference and probably think the quality was higher in some the lower priced units. 5 years ago it was true that Bushnell/Leupold were ahead of the curve in basic Laser technology to grab the Flag quickly, not the case anymore.

Posted:
  • mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey NEPAMembers  1747WRX Points: 226Handicap: 10Posts: 1,747 Platinum Tees

Honestly, I think the only thing/difference that would be noticeable would be Cross hairs vs box, stabilizer vs non-stabilizer.

Posted:

Excellent point, slight differences in the screen.

Posted:
  • ibradleyibradley Members  476WRX Points: 203Posts: 476 Greens

With my new found habit of leaving my laser on par 3 tee boxes this $35 range finder will be perfect for me!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.