$35 Rangefinder - Simmons ProTarget

mvhoffmanmvhoffman MikeyMembers Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited Jul 25, 2019 3:54pm in GPS/Range Finders/Mobile Apps #1

So I was fortunate enough to find one of these brand new on ebay for 34.99 which included shipping. It is old store stock. Unopened, 3/4 dead battery, but a heck of a deal. Easy, accurate, and it has the automatic slope adjust number on it. It's a simple good rangefinder at a steal of a price.
If you are in the market for a rangefinder and don't want to spend the cash, go for it.

Driver - Cobra King F8 @ 12.5 w Aldila RIP Phenom Tour 70 X flex
Fairway wood - 2015 Callaway Great Big Bertha 18* w Aldilla NV 75g S shaft
Hybrid - Adams XTD Super Hybrid @ 22* w White Matrix Ozik Program S shaft
Irons/Wedges - Cobra Amp Cell Silver 5 - LW w TT multi-step custom fit shafts
Putter - Bastain Milled Flow Neck Fusion Golf Prototype w UST FF shaft
Ball - Wilson 50 Elite Yellow
Grips - Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize + 2 wraps,  GP MCC Black Standard +2 wraps (Driver)
Putter Grip: Lamkin EBL Smooth Standard

Comments

• cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's an amazing price - hope it works well for you. To compare, just today I had to replace the CR-2 battery in my Bushnell V4 and a 2-pack cost $15.00.

• swgolferswgolfer GoLow2 Members Posts: 336 ✭✭✭✭

Another great example of where Laser technology is....everyone has it and the Bushnell's of the Industry no longer have an edge but continue to over charge for basic technology.

• GautamaGautama Members Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cristphoto said:
    That's an amazing price - hope it works well for you. **To compare, just today I had to replace the CR-2 battery in my Bushnell V4 and a 2-pack cost $15.00. **

Wow, that's some perspective isn't it? A range finder for the price of 4 batteries! Makes me wonder how much we could all save in a year if we really stayed on the lookout for both bargains and gouging on everything. I feel like you could almost double your expendable income if you worked hard enough to find the deals and steals and avoid the "full retail" pitfall.

"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • enfuegoenfuego Members Posts: 71 ✭✭

Amazon basics has way better prices on batteries, 12 for $18. They last just as long, maybe longer. No need to waste $7.50/battery. Even if you want a big name battery brand amazon has better prices on those too.

• propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@swgolfer said:
    Another great example of where Laser technology is....everyone has it and the Bushnell's of the Industry no longer have an edge but continue to over charge for basic technology.

Just like big name golf clubs when buying new.

15 hcp
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@enfuego said:
    Amazon basics has way better prices on batteries, 12 for $18. They last just as long, maybe longer. No need to waste $7.50/battery. Even if you want a big name battery brand amazon has better prices on those too.

this...so much this lol

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / HZRDUS Smoke Green Hulk 60 6.5TX tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The price for some range finders is outrageous. That being said, I like to see some reviews of this product iro its durability and accuracy.

15 hcp
  • mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So far... accurate. It is an all around nice rangefinder. If it had the stabilization that would be awesome but for $35 I can't complain

Grips - Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize + 2 wraps,  GP MCC Black Standard +2 wraps (Driver)

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@swgolfer said:

It's like anything else really. The more expensive Bushnell will perform faster and more reliably, but is it worth the extra $? That's for the consumer to decide.

PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Odyssey White Hot #1

Absolutely it is for the Consumer to decide, $100's more for a 1000th of a second faster seems a bit of a waste to me. The technology of capturing the Flag quickly and not getting background yardages is in any of the quality lasers now, yes Bushnell's High end Lasers may be slightly faster and more Bells and Whistles but they no longer have a edge in my opinion on actually capturing the flag and displaying the yardage in milliseconds, the difference is they are way higher in price and as it goes in the Corporate world going backward in prices doesn't fly on the balance sheet. Meanwhile quality lasers from multiple company's are much less and gaining market share....seen it in many other industries.

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have only tried one budget laser that a friend had, and it was definitely not as nice nor reliable as the V4 Tour I use. You constantly had to scan across the flag to make sure you were hitting the flag vs. the background. Ultimately we ended up with similar enough #s, but the Bushnell was point, shoot, done. The budget laser not so much.

PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Odyssey White Hot #1

Not sure what "Budget" laser you tried but there are several High Quality Lasers at much less than the "V4 at $349, Precision Pro, Golf Buddy, Nikon and others are $199 and less. If you had all the Lasers in front of you with no branding and tried them for quality and performance you would not find much difference and probably think the quality was higher in some the lower priced units. 5 years ago it was true that Bushnell/Leupold were ahead of the curve in basic Laser technology to grab the Flag quickly, not the case anymore.

• mvhoffmanmvhoffman Mikey Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I think the only thing/difference that would be noticeable would be Cross hairs vs box, stabilizer vs non-stabilizer.

Excellent point, slight differences in the screen.

• ibradleyibradley Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭

With my new found habit of leaving my laser on par 3 tee boxes this $35 range finder will be perfect for me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file