A warning before buying a vessel bag

3wood3wood Members Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased one of the new player 2.0 bags and it’s a sweet bag but the only problem is the durability. I’ve used it on a cart about 6-7 times and it already has noticeable wear and tear. This is a little aggravating as I was expecting the quality to be better than this. I wrote to vessel to let them know about my concerns. They stated the bag is meant for carrying only and a cart strap will cause this. I get that I bought a carry bag but I never would’ve bought it if I knew this would happen. I just wanted to warn other members if they had intentions to purchase this and use it on a cart.

Comments

• kdog25kdog25 Members Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of this before personally. I’ve used several carry bags on carts with zero issues. Anything on their site or the product tags that expressly states or advises against using with a cart? Can’t say I’d know it was a concern otherwise but I guess in hindsight....

• thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Put a extra towel between the strap and your bag.

• phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SubaruWRX said:
    A white bag strapped to a cart that’s driven on a bumpy course. What did you expect?

There is NO white bag of any quality from any manufacturer that won’t get those marks after being strapped in a cart. This isn’t a Vessel problem, it’s your unrealistic expectations.

My white Hoofer bag has been on many a cart, including the last 3/4 times on a push cart. I have had the thing for what seems like forever (I honestly can't remember when I bought it...has to be 5-6 seasons now) and I don't have anywhere near that much rub burn. Sure she's a bit dirty but no peeling or fraying at all on mine.

Cobra F9 7.5 - Accra TZ5 55
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5 - Fubuki V 70
    Callaway Rogue SZ 18 - Diamana Thump 85
    Mizuno CLK 22* - Speeder 75HB
    New Level 1031 5-P - DG105 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth - DG105 Black Onyx
    Bettinardi BB0 "Gotta Sting" Proto 1 of 1 
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Newport
  • coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Man that stinks. I’d be frustrated also. Never had this happen to any of my bags. Got a new Titleist carry bag last month and it doesn’t show any signs of wear from the cart strap. My Ok state cowboys logo ping hoofer I’ve had since 2005 didn’t even look close to that and it rode on many many carts.

• 3wood3wood Members Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭

@SubaruWRX said:
    A white bag strapped to a cart that’s driven on a bumpy course. What did you expect?

There is NO white bag of any quality from any manufacturer that won’t get those marks after being strapped in a cart. This isn’t a Vessel problem, it’s your unrealistic expectations.

You’d expect your golf bag to get tears in it after a few rds? If it was black I’d be upset too. Never had this happen to a bag before. It’s not the bag being white it’s a quality problem. I guess you have low expectations

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@phatchrisrules said:

@SubaruWRX said:

My white Hoofer bag has been on many a cart, including the last 3/4 times on a push cart. I have had the thing for what seems like forever (I honestly can't remember when I bought it...has to be 5-6 seasons now) and I don't have anywhere near that much rub burn. Sure she's a bit dirty but no peeling or fraying at all on mine.

That's because it's not a fancy pants vessel bag lol.

• Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Members Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a leather vs. Nylon issue. I've never used a leather bag (much less a white one), but this doesn't surprise me that much. Do staff bags get this when using cart straps?

Ping GMax 9* Hzrdus Yellow HC/Taylormade M5 9* GD Tour AD IZ
    Cobra F7 3-4w GD Tour AD IZ
    Cobra F7 3h and 4h
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW UST Recoil F4
    Callaway MD4 50/54/58 Fujikura Pro 95
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7 KBS CT Tour shaft and Evnroll Gravity Grip
    Callaway Chromesoft Truvis

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Olde Maroon said:
    Looks like a leather vs. Nylon issue. I've never used a leather bag (much less a white one), but this doesn't surprise me that much. Do staff bags get this when using cart straps?

I had my Titleist staff bag for almost a year and it showed very light wear where the cart straps were and where it sat in my push cart.

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX Posts: 1,551 ClubWRX

It’s a white LEATHER bag. I would personally never buy one due to the wear I’d expect to show with it in a cart.

• mister2coolmister2cool Members Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AzSuperHack76 said:
    It’s a white LEATHER bag. I would personally never buy one due to the wear I’d expect to show with it in a cart.

Microsuede Backed Synthetic Leather.. that's not even close to actual leather. Expecting that to stand up to rubbing is not realistic. However, I'd never have bought that bag.

2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Every single time I see a white bag that I think looks sharp, I think to myself "that'll look like crap after a couple rounds".

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• GraymulliganGraymulligan Members Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AzSuperHack76 said:

Except that it's not leather. It's synthetic. I would expect that wear pattern if I were using a potato peeler on it, but not from a cart strap after a few rounds.

M5 w/Rogue
    Cobra F6 3/4 wood w/Kuro Kage
    RSI 2 driving iron w/recoil
    PSI Tour 4-pw w/S300
    MD3 50/54/58
    Lajosi DD201 w/full face Damascus insert

• TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a cheap low quality bag..... I guess you live and learn. I used to buy Ogio bags until I started having quality issues with zippers then I bought a Sun Mountain 4-5 and I was hooked. The C-130 Cart Bag is fantastic as well.

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • Mustangs84Mustangs84 Members Posts: 24 ✭✭

Sorry to the OP, I'd be a little bummed as well. Being a fairly new Vessel owner, I'll be sure to watch for this when I ride! However, my experience with their customer service was top notch.

I received a Vessel Lite Stand Bag for Christmas this year. I walk a couple times a week, and the bag has been great. One day a couple weeks back I noticed one of the little rubber feet on the stand legs was missing. No clue when this happened. I emailed customer service asking them how I would go about getting a replacement foot, and they responded (quickly I might add) asking for my address. They shipped me two feet, and I received them within 2 days of asking. I'm located in Canada as well, so quite speedy IMO.

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5* w/ Tensei AV 65s
    Cobra F7 5-6 (17) w/ Tour AD DJ 7s
    Cobra F7 7-8 (21
    ) w/ Tour AD DJ 8s
    Cobra F7 4H (23.5*) w/ Recoil ES 85
    Maltby PTM Black 5-GW
    Cobra King Black 52v & 58v
    Evnroll ER1

• payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats pretty ****

CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying

So Eric offered me 30% off a cart bag lol. Lesson learned, I’ll be switching back to ping or titleist for my next bag.

• TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

@3wood said:
    So Eric offered me 30% off a cart bag lol. Lesson learned, I’ll be switching back to ping or titleist for my next bag.

Tell Eric 50 and it's a deal.

Taylormade m5 9 ad gp 7x
    Epon af901 19 modus 120
    Nike vapor pro combo 3 iron
    Epon af 503 4-w modus 120s
    Epon tour 50 55 60 modus w
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
  • dubogeydubogey Members Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s some **** trash. I think some discoloration or “stains” would be ok. The **** strap is wearing right into the bad. That’s not ok. Guess I’ll be going with a SL1

• jkmacgurujkmacguru Golf the Northwest Lefty Boomers Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 1, 2019 12:16am #22

I think OP is getting burned. If it’s only been a could rounds with a pretty expensive bag Vessel should offer a one time replacement with a light slap on the hand saying “please only walk with this”. If they do not include that kind of language to begin with, then that first one is on them.

The bigger issue for me is that this material flakes. It reminds me of the older head covers that would flake and make a huge mess all over after a while. If the product responds like this to cart straps, it is not a good fit. Vessel should have bit the bullet and placed it..
    Best Bag companies to work with: Sun Mountain, Ping, Jones, and McKenzie Walkers.

@jkmacguru said:
    I think OP is getting burned. If it’s only been a could rounds with a pretty expensive bag Vessel should offer a one time replacement with a light slap on the hand saying “please only walk with this”. If they do not include that kind of language to begin with, then that first one is on them.

The bigger issue for me is that this material flakes. It reminds me of the older head covers that would flake and make a huge mess all over after a while. If the product responds like this to cart straps, it is not a good fit. Vessel should have bit the bullet and placed it..
    Best Bag companies to work with: Sun Mountain, Ping, Jones, and McKenzie Walkers.

Yep. Obviously they know they have a problem but aren’t concerned with correcting it. Glad I learned not to use my carry bag on a cart lol

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well. I was looking at the Vessel's but not anymore. On to Taylormade or Titleist

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is no way the material should wearing through after 6-7 times strapped to a cart whether it was designed for walking or not. I have a Ping 4 Series that has been strapped onto a cart dozens of times with no appreciable wear much less material flaking off. Vessel is not a company I would ever purchase anything from based on their response to the OP.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 5 Crossover/Alta CB r flex
    Ping IE1 6-G/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • gene_brycegene_bryce Members Posts: 159 ✭✭✭

Mine did the exact same thing on one of the pockets. It was the 4th time I used the bag. Needless to say I didn't even bother to email them about it. I was disappointed in the way it did it though and what I paid for the bag. I wish I would've purchased the black one instead.

• CFA JayCFA Jay Members Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Seems like an overpriced product and they dont stand behind the workmanship.

Ping would take care of this and or it would never happen to a hoofer. You should get phenomenal customer service for the price of these bags. Overpriced pieces of junk in my opinion.

And does this not fall under “defect of material”? from their warranty?

@coach_harris1 said:

No, Eric told me it was normal “wear and tear”.

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@3wood said:

@coach_harris1 said:

No, Eric told me it was normal “wear and tear”.

Thats rediculous. I'd be pissed too

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list