GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

A warning before buying a vessel bag

Comments

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers  2100WRX Points: 563Handicap: 13.0Posts: 2,100 Platinum Tees

In all fairness, I was looking at some photos of a grey Stitch SL1 on the BST and it also has the same rub marks. Looks like something us Vessel or Stitch owners should be aware of.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
    Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
    Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 or PING Eye2 +no+ Lob Wedge w/ ZZ Lite
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 or Pro Platinum Del Mar Three 1st Run
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • timbo08timbo08 Members  2166WRX Points: 155Posts: 2,166 Platinum Tees

I think some rub marks are to be expected to be completely honest. It's a white bag on a dirty cart strap, likely strapped down with some force so I wouldn't call some rub marks unexpected, to me that would be on the person using the back. That being said, when there is legit material being removed from the bag when it is strapped in like the OP has, that's a manufacturing/quality issue, especially after only a few times of use.

Posted:
  • gene_brycegene_bryce Members  163WRX Points: 75Handicap: 1.0Posts: 163 Fairways

So this happened last night to mine. I was picking it up to put it in my truck.

Posted:
  • 3wood3wood Members  552WRX Points: 141Posts: 552 Golden Tee

Dude that sucks. I would hope that falls under the warranty. Not just wear and tear

Posted:
  • coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members  1098WRX Points: 241Posts: 1,098 Platinum Tees

Hey

On -, @3wood any update on your situation?
    Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @coach_harris1 said:

Hey

Shipped it back Wednesday. Should arrive at vessel this coming Wednesday. Vessel doesn’t pay for return shipping which sucks with the cost to ship a bag. Hope to have good news next week

Posted:
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1518WRX Points: 938Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,518 Platinum Tees

On -, @3wood said:

Hey

Shipped it back Wednesday. Should arrive at vessel this coming Wednesday. Vessel doesn’t pay for return shipping which sucks with the cost to ship a bag. Hope to have good news next week

How much was shipping?

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/

On -, @TIM929 said:

On -, @3wood said:

Hey

How much was shipping?

About $65

Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9392WRX Points: 3,028Posts: 9,392 Titanium Tees

Jeez. Never buying one!

Posted:
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers  2100WRX Points: 563Handicap: 13.0Posts: 2,100 Platinum Tees

WTF?!? This gets worse along the way.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
    Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
    Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 or PING Eye2 +no+ Lob Wedge w/ ZZ Lite
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 or Pro Platinum Del Mar Three 1st Run

Advertisement
  • buckeyevalleybuckeyevalley Members  444WRX Points: 97Posts: 444 Greens

Oh no. My wife and I both have a players 2.0 and i do have the same wear marks. Sucks you spend so much on bags and this happens.

Posted:

On -, @dxdgenert said:

WTF?!? This gets worse along the way.

Yep, nick stated the return policy is the customer pays the return shipping. I almost didn’t return it but felt like I needed to after going through all this.

Posted:
  • gene_brycegene_bryce Members  163WRX Points: 75Handicap: 1.0Posts: 163 Fairways

I called and emailed them on Friday and no one would return my emails or phone calls. They kept transferring me to Eric which he never answered. If I have to pay to return a bag for warranty thats bull crap.

Posted:
  • coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members  1098WRX Points: 241Posts: 1,098 Platinum Tees

On -, @GoIrish17 said:

I’ve never considered a Vessel bag previously, and after following this thread I sure won’t be anytime soon.

Same here! There customer service is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. This is how I view their customer service.

“Yes our bag sucks and tore up under normal conditions but we ain’t doing squat. We can’t believe people pay this much for our crappy bags anyways. But hey we will entertain you so you’ll leave us alone. So ship the bag back on your dime. We will take it out of the box and laugh about it and put it back in the box and charge you to ship it back to you and tell you that’s normal wear and we ain’t doing anything to help you.”

Posted:
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11599WRX Points: 486Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,599 Titanium Tees

Discolorations would be one thing. Carts are dirty, but a complete wear hole after a few rounds? Crazy.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • GL3GL3 NHClubWRX  145WRX Points: 34Handicap: 8.4Posts: 145 ClubWRX

Ive been looking for a carry bag and after all this reading you won’t see me gaming one of these unless its donated to me. Thanks for the heads up, and sorry you’ve had learn the hard way.

Posted:

TS4 9* KK XM 70TX / TS3 9* 472 Tour Z RPG M5+

GBB 18* BF 70TX / TS3 18* PW 80TX

U85 18* MMT 105TX

4-GAP JPX 900 Forged X100

SM7 54 & 58

Toulon Madison / Queen B #9 / BB1

On -, @3wood how long did it take for them to return your email or calls?
    Posted:

On -, @gene_bryce said:

On -, @3wood how long did it take for them to return your email or calls?

Usually took a day or two. Fairly slow

Posted:

I emailed them Friday morning and still haven't heard from anyone.

Posted:
  • agood3puttagood3putt Members  2195WRX Points: 1,086Posts: 2,195 Platinum Tees

Man, I'm glad I went with the TM FlexTech Crossover over theses. Thank you

On -, @3wood for shedding some light on this
    Posted:

PING G410 10.5* Tensei Pro White 60

PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70

PING G410 19* Accra FX 300H

Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW Modus 105

Cleveland CBX2 50/54/58 DG 115

Toulon Las Vegas

TaylorMade TP5

Advertisement
  • timbo08timbo08 Members  2166WRX Points: 155Posts: 2,166 Platinum Tees

Wow, that's insane, paying $65 to ship it back. I get the idea behind you wanting to do it at this point just to see what they do but eff them for not covering that after trying to tell you that it's not meant to be used on carts.

Posted:
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX  2344WRX Points: 363Posts: 2,344 Platinum Tees

https://kelly-line.com/

i have a white bag and i bought one of these covers that slide over the golf cart strap. never had any issues, definitely happy with them. it's a good way to protect if you have a white bag.
    but vessel sounds like a nightmare to deal with, i hope you get this sorted OP but what a headache.

Posted:

On -, @gene_bryce said:

On -, @gene_bryce said:

That’s sucks man. Customer service seems to be lacking. It’s just weird cause they make all the bags for tour players.

Posted:
  • be0972be0972 Members  27WRX Points: 21Handicap: 2.9Posts: 27 Bunkers

I got my 2.0 Player Stand Bag back in February, I've played a lot of golf this summer, and most of that riding. I haven't experienced anything like you've shown here; however, I do have some abrasion marks from the top left strap clip. It's small and not very noticeable, that's why I haven't tried to do anything about it. I'm assuming this is from the few rounds I have walked this year. I use Griot's Garage interior cleaner to clean the bag and so far I've been able to get all the stains out. All in all I really like the bag and would buy one again, although if I was going to get one to walk, it would be the lite bag.

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M5 10.5˚, Ventus Black 6X
    3 & 5 Wood: TaylorMade M6
    4 - 9 Iron: Mizuno MP-18 MMC, Dynamic Gold X100
    Wedges: Titleist SM7 46˚, 50˚, 54˚, 58˚, Dynamic Gold X100/S400
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 1998 Oil Can Classic Newport
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5
    Bag: Vessel Player 2.0 Stand

Update: Nick is sending me another bag. He did however tell me this would still fall under the “normal wear and tear” but they would replace it this one time. I really feel like the only reason I got a replacement and call from Nick is because Eric told me it was not meant for a cart. I’m glad to be getting another bag but having to pay return shipping is not right for a faulty product. I feel like this was handled poorly on vessels end and after this experience I won’t purchase another item from them(I also have a Cameron backpack by them). Hope this thread was helpful.

Posted:

Advertisement

Man I’m glad they’re sending you a new bag. That’s very poor customer service from the beginning of your ordeal all the way through. I would sell the bag on the bst and get a ping. Thanks for sharing. I know I’ll never buy anything from them after your experience.

Posted:
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members  6409WRX Points: 519Posts: 6,409 Titanium Tees

Man, I'm glad youre getting a new bag, but I'm sorry you had to go through all that. That isnt normal wear and tear, and if it is, than they need to have better materials. Paying to send a golf bag back for a warranty issue like that is BS. I'm not in the market for a new bag, but when I am I will stay well clear of Vessel.

Posted:
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 // Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Adams dHy 24* Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 
    Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5"
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48* bent -1*mid, 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
    Jones Utility Trouper Navy Twill
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag White
    WITB Link
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members  498WRX Points: 123Posts: 498 Greens

On -, @3wood said:

On -, @gene_bryce said:

On -, @gene_bryce said:

That’s sucks man. Customer service seems to be lacking. It’s just weird cause they make all the bags for tour players.

Right. They make pretty much all of the tour bags and they are very well made. Like i said in an earlier post... My stand bag is almost 2 years old and still perfect and i throw it on a cart 99% of the time. Mine has zero wear marks anywhere. Makes me think they are usung a dif material?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.