A warning before buying a vessel bag

Comments

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2019 4:45pm #62

In all fairness, I was looking at some photos of a grey Stitch SL1 on the BST and it also has the same rub marks. Looks like something us Vessel or Stitch owners should be aware of.

PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think some rub marks are to be expected to be completely honest. It's a white bag on a dirty cart strap, likely strapped down with some force so I wouldn't call some rub marks unexpected, to me that would be on the person using the back. That being said, when there is legit material being removed from the bag when it is strapped in like the OP has, that's a manufacturing/quality issue, especially after only a few times of use.

• gene_brycegene_bryce Members Posts: 159 ✭✭✭

So this happened last night to mine. I was picking it up to put it in my truck.

• 3wood3wood Members Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭

Dude that sucks. I would hope that falls under the warranty. Not just wear and tear

• Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@3wood said:
    Dude that sucks. I would hope that falls under the warranty. Not just wear and tear

Hopefully he gets to deal with Nick and not Eric

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 5 Crossover/Alta CB r flex
    Ping IE1 6-G/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @3wood any update on your situation?

@coach_harris1 said:

Shipped it back Wednesday. Should arrive at vessel this coming Wednesday. Vessel doesn’t pay for return shipping which sucks with the cost to ship a bag. Hope to have good news next week

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3wood said:

@coach_harris1 said:

Shipped it back Wednesday. Should arrive at vessel this coming Wednesday. Vessel doesn’t pay for return shipping which sucks with the cost to ship a bag. Hope to have good news next week

How much was shipping?

@TIM929 said:

@3wood said:

@coach_harris1 said:

How much was shipping?

About $65

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez. Never buying one!

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

WTF?!? This gets worse along the way.

PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    One of several milled putters
  • buckeyevalleybuckeyevalley Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭

Oh no. My wife and I both have a players 2.0 and i do have the same wear marks. Sucks you spend so much on bags and this happens.

@dxdgenert said:
    WTF?!? This gets worse along the way.

Yep, nick stated the return policy is the customer pays the return shipping. I almost didn’t return it but felt like I needed to after going through all this.

I called and emailed them on Friday and no one would return my emails or phone calls. They kept transferring me to Eric which he never answered. If I have to pay to return a bag for warranty thats bull crap.

@GoIrish17 said:
    I’ve never considered a Vessel bag previously, and after following this thread I sure won’t be anytime soon.

Same here! There customer service is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. This is how I view their customer service.

“Yes our bag sucks and tore up under normal conditions but we ain’t doing squat. We can’t believe people pay this much for our crappy bags anyways. But hey we will entertain you so you’ll leave us alone. So ship the bag back on your dime. We will take it out of the box and laugh about it and put it back in the box and charge you to ship it back to you and tell you that’s normal wear and we ain’t doing anything to help you.”

• larrybudlarrybud Members Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 11, 2019 8:20pm #78

Discolorations would be one thing. Carts are dirty, but a complete wear hole after a few rounds? Crazy.

• GL3GL3 NHClubWRX Posts: 83 ClubWRX

Ive been looking for a carry bag and after all this reading you won’t see me gaming one of these unless its donated to me. Thanks for the heads up, and sorry you’ve had learn the hard way.

@3wood how long did it take for them to return your email or calls?

@gene_bryce said:
    @3wood how long did it take for them to return your email or calls?

Usually took a day or two. Fairly slow

I emailed them Friday morning and still haven't heard from anyone.

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Man, I'm glad I went with the TM FlexTech Crossover over theses. Thank you @3wood for shedding some light on this

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • timbo08timbo08 Members Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's insane, paying $65 to ship it back. I get the idea behind you wanting to do it at this point just to see what they do but eff them for not covering that after trying to tell you that it's not meant to be used on carts.

• lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

https://kelly-line.com/

i have a white bag and i bought one of these covers that slide over the golf cart strap. never had any issues, definitely happy with them. it's a good way to protect if you have a white bag.
    but vessel sounds like a nightmare to deal with, i hope you get this sorted OP but what a headache.

@gene_bryce said:

@gene_bryce said:

That’s sucks man. Customer service seems to be lacking. It’s just weird cause they make all the bags for tour players.

• be0972be0972 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

I got my 2.0 Player Stand Bag back in February, I've played a lot of golf this summer, and most of that riding. I haven't experienced anything like you've shown here; however, I do have some abrasion marks from the top left strap clip. It's small and not very noticeable, that's why I haven't tried to do anything about it. I'm assuming this is from the few rounds I have walked this year. I use Griot's Garage interior cleaner to clean the bag and so far I've been able to get all the stains out. All in all I really like the bag and would buy one again, although if I was going to get one to walk, it would be the lite bag.

Driver: TaylorMade M5 9˚, Project X EvenFlow Black 65 6.5
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M5 15˚, Project X EvenFlow Black 75 6.5
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 18˚, Project X EvenFlow Black 75 6.5
    3 Iron: Srixon Z U85 Dynamic Gold X100
    4 - 9 Iron: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Dynamic Gold X100
    Wedges: Titleist SM6 46˚, 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ Dynamic Gold X100/S400
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Catalina 1995
    Ball: Pro V1x
    Rangefinder: Leupold GX-4i2
    Bag: Vessel Player 2.0 Stand

Update: Nick is sending me another bag. He did however tell me this would still fall under the “normal wear and tear” but they would replace it this one time. I really feel like the only reason I got a replacement and call from Nick is because Eric told me it was not meant for a cart. I’m glad to be getting another bag but having to pay return shipping is not right for a faulty product. I feel like this was handled poorly on vessels end and after this experience I won’t purchase another item from them(I also have a Cameron backpack by them). Hope this thread was helpful.

Man I’m glad they’re sending you a new bag. That’s very poor customer service from the beginning of your ordeal all the way through. I would sell the bag on the bst and get a ping. Thanks for sharing. I know I’ll never buy anything from them after your experience.

• blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Man, I'm glad youre getting a new bag, but I'm sorry you had to go through all that. That isnt normal wear and tear, and if it is, than they need to have better materials. Paying to send a golf bag back for a warranty issue like that is BS. I'm not in the market for a new bag, but when I am I will stay well clear of Vessel.

Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

@3wood said:

@gene_bryce said:

@gene_bryce said:

That’s sucks man. Customer service seems to be lacking. It’s just weird cause they make all the bags for tour players.

Right. They make pretty much all of the tour bags and they are very well made. Like i said in an earlier post... My stand bag is almost 2 years old and still perfect and i throw it on a cart 99% of the time. Mine has zero wear marks anywhere. Makes me think they are usung a dif material?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file