Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

A warning before buying a vessel bag

1235»

Comments

• johnabreenjohnabreen Members Posts: 29 ✭✭

There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@johnabreen said:
    There is a better way to strap your bag into a cart. Just wrap the cart strap behind the bag though the legs of the bag and not around front. No bag is perfect but nobody has a better bag than Vessel right now and it's not even close.

Sounds like there’s a good number in this thread that would disagree with your “nobody has a better bag... and it’s not even close” statement.

And, I’ve never even considered having to go to the length to strap a bag in that you do. Sounds like a good way to bend or break something in the leg assembly.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65
    3wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 15° | Diamana D+ LTD 70
    5wd: TaylorMade Aeroburner TP 18° (T.I. small head 19°)| Matrix 8Q3 Red Tie
    Irons: Wilson Staff C300 Forged 4 iron | Recoil 95 / FG Tour V6 raw 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• 3wood3wood Members Posts: 496 ✭✭✭✭

@GoIrish17 said:
    So, I’m curious to hear more about the construction of the new bag you received. It’s made out of different materials? Like, same bag, completely different materials? Was it a factory second, or they knew that the model you had previously had design flaws and have changed materials? It sounds like you got the same bag back but one made with less expensive materials. Kind of like buying a regular old bag, but paying for a premium one.

Im curious more for sh*ts and giggles than anything - I’d never consider a bag from Vessel after reading this. I’ll just stick to Ping Hoofers moving forward. Never had a problem with them and I know what kind of customer service I’d get from Ping if I ever needed it. Thanks for making shopping for my next bag easier, I am just about due too.

The material is softer than my previous bag and doesn’t feel as durable as before(which wasn’t). I think it might’ve been a sample bag they had sitting around or they could’ve changed since I got mine. I’ll definitely be getting a ping as well. Ping has a pocket for the cart strap. If vessel did that it would solve the problem.

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 26, 2019 2:41am #125

@johnabreen said:

I can’t even imagine what you’re describing. If you placed the bag in the cart and only put it through the legs, the bag would be hanging a foot off of the back of the “cart bracket”. Not to mention, the legs are meant to move in the same direction that you’re strapping them. Seems like the entire bag would be susceptible to falling off of the cart if the legs extended. I have never seen anyone do this, nor should there be a reason to.

Post edited by dxdgenert on
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Bettinardi BB1F
  • 3wood3wood Members Posts: 496 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 25, 2019 11:35pm #126

@johnabreen said:

Haha is this nick or Eric.

Post edited by 3wood on
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnabreen said:

Can you please post a picture of this technique?

@TIM929 said:

@johnabreen said:

I might be wrong, but I’m assuming he means the bag rides the same as normal. But, rather than wrap the cart strap all the way around the bag, you snake it behind the bag under the legs (so the strap would be between the stand assembly legs and the bag) So you’re more or less strapping the leg assembly in and not the bag, the cart strap never really touches the bag except under the legs. Or, this is what I am picturing that he meant, I could be way off.

It sounds like a ridiculous workaround, and one that I would really hate when it’s cart path only and I’m unstrapping my bag to walk to just about every shot. It’s certainly not something I’d expect to do if I spent Vessel money on a bag. I’d expect them to have considered carts when designing a golf bag.

And, I use my ClicGear for 90% of my rounds. Is that something I would have to worry about - wear at the top and bottom where the bag contacts the cart?

Irons: Wilson Staff C300 Forged 4 iron | Recoil 95 / FG Tour V6 raw 5-PW | PX Catalyst 100
    MannKrafted MA66
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoIrish17 said:

@TIM929 said:

@johnabreen said:

I might be wrong, but I’m assuming he means the bag rides the same as normal. But, rather than wrap the cart strap all the way around the bag, you snake it behind the bag under the legs (so the strap would be between the stand assembly legs and the bag) So you’re more or less strapping the leg assembly in and not the bag, the cart strap never really touches the bag except under the legs. Or, this is what I am picturing that he meant, I could be way off.

It sounds like a ridiculous workaround, and one that I would really hate when it’s cart path only and I’m unstrapping my bag to walk to just about every shot. It’s certainly not something I’d expect to do if I spent Vessel money on a bag. I’d expect them to have considered carts when designing a golf bag.

And, I use my ClicGear for 90% of my rounds. Is that something I would have to worry about - wear at the top and bottom where the bag contacts the cart?

I was picturing this is what he meant as well.

But, imagine? The top 1/2 to a 1/4 of your bag hanging off the back of the cart.. hit and bump and the bottom half bounces off the rack only to hang by the hinges.

Different courses use different carts but some of the cart I use, rip it off the start and there are moments when you see your ball in a unexpected location and smash the brakes.

I’ve mentioned before I have a PXG stand bag made by vessel. I’m sure it’s different material because I have zero issues with the fake leather, but the screws that held the legs together went MIA just from regular cart use.

also, where the legs join the bag.. the legs side is metal, but the bag side seems to be plastic and doesn’t look like it would be able to take a lot of stress. we previously saw the strength of the plastic handle from the member with the mustache.

I don’t feel strapping the bag in this way is safe, but a picture would be nice.

• coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@johnabreen said:

This is so ridiculous that it has to be someone from Vessel. Sounds like something they would say.

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GoIrish17 said:

@TIM929 said:

@johnabreen said:

Oh, I “get” what they are proposing. Imagine what the bracket on most carts looks like. It is a U shape with the strap and buckle on the open end. If you strap just the legs like you and the poster suggest, the strap will make a straight line “connecting” the open end of the U-shaped bracket. If you just have the legs inside of the strap, the entire depth of the bag would hang “outside” of the bracket. Ridiculous. Not to mention, the legs don’t have enough tension to hold the bag secure. It would bounce around and likely fall off the entire cart. To suggest this as the way to strap a bag is asinine, at best. I have, literally, never seen a bag strapped to a cart in this manner and doubt that I ever will.

PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Bettinardi BB1F
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@johnabreen said:

This is the most absurd thing i've read and i really need to see a picture of this now.

@lopey986 said:

@johnabreen said:

This is the most absurd thing i've read and i really need to see a picture of this now.

I have a feeling this was posted by someone with a close tie to Vessel. To make a statement like the final sentence of the post in this thread, you have to be chugging the kool aid. If I spend the kind of money Vessel charges for a stand bag, "perfect" may be tough to attain but I'd expect it to be constructed with materials of enough quality to handle the rigorous task of strapping it to a golf cart. In my mind, cheap materials that disintegrate from strapping to a cart is far from perfect.

MannKrafted MA66
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• Tourplaya21Tourplaya21 DetroitMembers Posts: 22 ✭✭

I have a feeling that this was an elaborate troll, as in strapping your bag in this manner seems asinine.

Cobra F8+ Driver
    Cobra F8 3-4 Wood
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-P
    Nike VR Pro X3X 52, 56, 60
    Cleveland 2i Putter

• Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 3, 2019 12:45am #135

Kell-Pro neoprene straps, problem solved. This is what I use when I strap down a white bag, works perfectly and they are dirt cheap. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1

@Big Ben said:
    Kell-Pro neoprene straps, problem solved. This is what I use when I strap down a white bag, works perfectly and they are dirt cheap. BB

Just bit the bullet and picked up one of these for my Stitch SL1. Hopefully, I don’t need it but will use it just in case the materials are similar.

PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Bettinardi BB1F
    edited Sep 3, 2019 4:29pm #137

@dxdgenert said:

@Big Ben said:

Just bit the bullet and picked up one of these for my Stitch SL1. Hopefully, I don’t need it but will use it just in case the materials are similar.

They work perfectly, I use it on the rare occasion I pull out the staff bags. Does exactly as discribed! BB

• therevtherev Members Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear about this strap! You might have convinced me to get the vessel 2.0 white/black bag.

edited Sep 11, 2019 12:10am #139

@Big Ben said:

@dxdgenert said:

@Big Ben said:

They work perfectly, I use it on the rare occasion I pull out the staff bags. Does exactly as discribed! BB

Received mine. Odd question but how in the heck is a cart strap going to fit into this sleeve? It looks to be too narrow and very long. I can’t imagine trying to thread a strap though. Maybe it will fine but I’m skeptical.

PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Bettinardi BB1F

It fits snug but fine, I thought the same thing before I used it.

• TheMarvelousOneTheMarvelousOne Not droppin' out, I'm moving on... ClubWRX Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

some good content on this post! I have a white vessel bag and I normally ride, no issues so far. All my interactions with their team have been great (didn't have nick or eric). I had the same issue as someone stated earlier with the feet falling off. They sent me a new set, used a dab of epoxy and they're going nowhere! Definitely watching the cart strap from now on!

PING G400 LST 9.5* - Fujikara Speeder 757 Evo IV
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0
    Mizuno MP-33 - 2-PW - DG S300
    Vokey SM6 - Jet Black - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Custom SC Newport TeI3

edited Today @ 12:20am #142

@Big Ben said:
    It fits snug but fine, I thought the same thing before I used it.

It certainly did fit but had to be “finessed” on. I would argue that it is too long, however. I had to bunch mine up but didn’t feel like I could do so enough to get the strap tight. Snug, yes but not tight. My Stitch SL1 is a fairly small bag though so it not be an issue for others.

Post edited by dxdgenert at
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Bettinardi BB1F
  • squishyysquishyy Members Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I recently experienced the rubber feet falling off of one of my vessel bag. A quick email to them was responded and was told a replacement set was on the way. Received the FedEx package and opened it. They gave me a nice small valuable bag and inside was the replacement pair of rubber feet along with a small mix of epoxy.

Good service so far. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences.

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Kuro Kage TiNi 60
    Taylormade M2 15* // Graphite Design AD GP 7s
    Cobra F6+ 17.5* // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
    Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
    Titleist Vokey SM 52* // Nippon WV 125
    Titleist Vokey SM 58* // Nippon WV 125
    Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file