***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

A warning before buying a vessel bag

Comments

• CFA JayCFA Jay Members  162WRX Points: 93Handicap: 7Posts: 162 Fairways

Still shouldnt have to Gorilla glue a 400 bag that is 8 months old...

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • johnabreenjohnabreen 60091Members  30WRX Points: 69Handicap: 10Posts: 30 Bunkers

Posted:
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1534WRX Points: 950Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,534 Platinum Tees

On -, @johnabreen said:

Thanks for posting.. I didn't think this was possible..

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • EsserBroGolfEsserBroGolf Members, Paid BST  11WRX Points: 8Handicap: 1Posts: 11 Bunkers

I purchase a Sunday 2.0 bag from Vessel and the club divider snapped after three rounds.

Posted:
  • buckeyevalleybuckeyevalley Members  447WRX Points: 104Posts: 447 Greens

I purchased two of these bags last March for my wife and I. I can vouch that both have those wear marks, but even worse is my wife’s bag as a small tear. She may have played 10 rounds with it last year and none since October. I finally got around to contacting customer service and was told that since it is one week outside the one year warranty period that I am out of luck. That’s my fault. I am not too concerned about that, but they also claimed that the tear/rip is considered normal wear and tear. Normal wear and tear is not excusable for a bag that claims it is made of durable materials and has only seen daylight 10 times. It is normally stored in a finished basement.

Posted:
  • ShinnersShinners Members, Paid BST  94WRX Points: 45Posts: 94 Fairways

I am so thankful for this thread. I was going to pull the trigger tonight but after reviewing the comments, I will invest my money elsewhere

Posted:

Advertisement
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members  861WRX Points: 110Posts: 861 Golden Tee

I have one. It never leaves my push cart and stays parked at my club. Never had any issues, but totally understand that being static in the cart helps w the wear and tear. It does get dirty (it’s white) but nothing a magic eraser can’t fix.

Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9353WRX Points: 523Handicap: 5Posts: 9,353 Titanium Tees

Very good looking bags no doubt but using a soft material in a stressed area around the strap was a engineering mistake. Saying it’s a carry bag not designed for carts is avoiding the design flaw in my opinion. Only alternative is too use a towel or a cover on the actual strap for protection.

Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • CrisPy3CrisPy3 Members  458WRX Points: 75Posts: 458 Greens

THIS is why i love this site.... Think I'll be going with the white Nike hybrid.

Posted:
    Post edited by CrisPy3 on

I pursued my workmanship claim a little further up the ladder. I believe a favorable resolution could be made. I will keep the board posted.

Posted:

Vessel did end up honoring the workmanship claim on there bag. I was very glad to see the company finally step through and stand behind their product claims. My wife is so excited. Vessel got me back as a customer and was actually looking at luggage today.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers  2115WRX Points: 576Handicap: 13.0Posts: 2,115 Platinum Tees

I don’t know that I agree with your continued patronage but it is your choice to make. I don’t think another bag would be any less susceptible to this damage. It is a poor choice in materials. Honestly, I think my Stitch bag would do the same if I wasn’t using the neoprene sleeve. It is a cool looking material, it just isn’t resistant enough to abrasion to be practical in a golf bag.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
    Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
    Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite
    Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2
  • wittgolf1wittgolf1 Members  10WRX Points: 31Handicap: 2Posts: 10 Bunkers

Wow thanks for the heads up - was looking into these

Posted:
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game MinnesotaMembers  2115WRX Points: 576Handicap: 13.0Posts: 2,115 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • ALTSeanALTSean VirginiaMembers  1516WRX Points: 731Posts: 1,516 Platinum Tees
    Posted:

After denying the problem and defending their poor customer service (initially at first), only to acknowledge and now profit off of their shortcomings?!? That takes some gigantic brass ⚾️🎾🏀⚽️

Folks, I have no skin in the game but if you have one these vinyl type bags from Vessel or Stitch please get your strap cover from Kell-Pro (https://kelly-line.com/). Sounds like a family owned business that has been making this product for a long, long time before the bag companies. Not to mention they’re half the price and you can get just about any color under the sun.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • larryd3larryd3 Members  764WRX Points: 164Handicap: 9Posts: 764 Golden Tee

Thanks for this information. Those look really good and priced fairly.

Posted:
    TM M4 or TS2
    Epic 15*
    Sub70 3 hybrid
    Sub70 4 hybrid
    Sub70 5 hybrid
    Titleist T200 6-GW
    54* SM8
    58* SM8
    PXG Operator H
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members  6445WRX Points: 544Posts: 6,445 Titanium Tees

AHAHAHAHA. Thats what I call creating your own market!

Posted:
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 // Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Adams dHy 24* Alida RIP Phenom 70g R 
    Srixon 565 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Nippon Modus 120 S - Best Grips Classic -0.5"
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48* bent -1*mid, 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball  33.5" - 1* loft - 71* lie
    Jones Utility Trouper Navy Twill
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag White
    WITB Link
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1740WRX Points: 241Handicap: 6Posts: 1,740 Platinum Tees

Oh this is too funny!

"Let's make a s&*t design for our bag being on a cart so it gets ripped and worn, then we'll sell a $1.50 neoprene sleeve for $25 and people will pay us to fix our design flaw. Mwahahahahaha."

Give them credit for pure profit capitalism at least. Well played.

Posted:

You forgot telling your customer since it is a carry bag, it was never intended to be used on a golf cart.

Posted:
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1740WRX Points: 241Handicap: 6Posts: 1,740 Platinum Tees

Oh right lol. Seems odd that the "cheap" carry bags from several other companies have an integrated cart strap sleeve.

Posted:

Advertisement

Honestly, I like the look of their bags. I also like that they’re not overly branded. It also isn’t lost on me that one poor customer service representative doesn’t necessarily mean an entire company is bad. However, the material quality or lack thereof and cost likely means that I would never consider one of their bags. Too bad really as I’m not in LOVE with my Stitch SL1 and have some quality concerns as well, even though mine has been good this far.

Posted:
  • TorGrinderTorGrinder Members  19WRX Points: 61Posts: 19 Bunkers

I have the LUX 2.0 white and black cart bag 14way and love it... Functionally my C130 cart bag was slightly better, but this bag is gorgeous.. Stains just wipe off... The material feels great, looks great but it is soft.. The complaints about durability seems to be akin to complaining forged irons ding and chatter easier than cast irons.. I play all forged right down to the putter and I wouldn't play anything else even if cast is more durable...

I bought some black seatbelt covers from Amazon to use and avoid abrasion with the cart strap, works perfect and easy...

Doesn't excuse bad customer service but my experience has been positive...

Posted:
  • larryd3larryd3 Members  764WRX Points: 164Handicap: 9Posts: 764 Golden Tee

My experience with my Vessel has been great. No complaints at all about the bag and their customer service. They worked with me to get the customization done in a very timely manner, great communication and did what they said they would do. So overall I'm very pleased with mine and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one.

Posted:
    TM M4 or TS2
    Epic 15*
    Sub70 3 hybrid
    Sub70 4 hybrid
    Sub70 5 hybrid
    Titleist T200 6-GW
    54* SM8
    58* SM8
    PXG Operator H
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers  3124WRX Points: 337Posts: 3,124 Titanium Tees

Well thats an idiotic comment. Ogio bada are poor quality my Silencer has pockets ripping and rubber legs coming apart. Sum Mountain Ive had issues with the leg mechanism several times coming apart. If most are babbling about the cart sleeve rubbing on white leather bag they have these for $25

Posted:

If you read this entire thread, you’d see that your comment is idiotic. Vessel originally claimed that the damage to their bag was user error because stand bags were “not meant to used on a cart”. You’d also know that we have discussed the cart sleeves a month or two ago and while they do help, the problem described is not “marks on a bag” it is actual tearing/abrading of the material. This issue doesn’t happen with normal nylon bags nor with most vinyl staff bags. This problem seems to only accurate with Vessel and (possibly) Stitch faux leather bags.

Posted:

Advertisement

Most their stand bags or Stitches are more caddy bags not meant to be used on a golf cart. If you use a cart a lot get a cart bag.

Posted:
    Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    Post edited by grm24 on

Advertisement
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.