GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Old School/New School WITB

gatorman2k6 ·  
gatorman2k6gatorman2k6 Northern VirginiaMembers  123WRX Points: 96Posts: 123 Fairways

Hey Everyone - long time member but I finally got around to doing a WITB. Let me know what y'all think and I'll try to add more photos soon! You can also follow me on Instagram for more photos/videos.

What's in the Bag?

Driver: Callaway XR16 5
Shaft: Aldila Protopype 60 S or HoF Jamie Sadlowski 60
Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet

3-Wood: Callaway XR 15
Shaft: Aldila Protopype 80 S
Grip: Golf Pride ZGrip

Hybrid: Callaway XR 19
Shaft: Aldila VooDoo SVS8 S

OR

Driving Iron: Taylormade UDI 18
Shaft: KBS C-Taper Lite S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4i - PW
Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S300

Gap Wedge: Haywood Golf 52
Shaft: KBS Black

Sand Wedge: Haywood Golf 56 (bent to 57)
Shaft: KBS Black

Lob Wedge: Titleist SM7 Special Edition Jet Black 62.08 M Grind
Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold Black Onyx

Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3
Grip: Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Posted:

Instagram:

Comments

• Andrew MAndrew M Members  379WRX Points: 91Posts: 379 Greens

Cool bag! I have to know the story behind that "black sheep" Tommy Armour putter. It must have some magic for you.

Posted:
    Cobra King F9 9.5* -- Mitsubishi CK Blue 70
    PING G Series 3w 14.5* -- Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 | length -1"
    Cobra King F7 3/4 Hybrid - HZRDUS black
    Cobra King Forged MB/CB flow set | PW-6i MB, 4 & 5 CB
    Cleveland RTX 4 - 52*, 58* 
    Callaway MD3 PM-Grind 64*

PLOP Carbon Steel Putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gatorman2k6gatorman2k6 Northern VirginiaMembers  123WRX Points: 96Posts: 123 Fairways

On -, @Andrew M said:

Cool bag! I have to know the story behind that "black sheep" Tommy Armour putter. It must have some magic for you.

Thanks! Haha I've had it for about a month now and so far, I'm liking it. My normal gamer is a Scotty Cameron Hollywood, but figured that I'd mess around with the TA to see how I liked it. The biggest thing is how much more consistent I am on 20-30 footers.

Posted:

Instagram:

• BIG STUBIG STU Members  13137WRX Points: 4,198Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,137 Titanium Tees

Glad to see someone besides myself carries long irons and a hybrid---- That tells me right off you know your game and equipment--- And gotta give you extra points for the NC State headcover on the hybrid.

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

• weavej1weavej1 Members  151WRX Points: 159Posts: 151 Fairways

Nice setup

Posted:
    Wishon 10.5 919 driver
    Pure fit Raw ID 4 wood
    Ping rapture 21 degree
    4-9 ping zing with aerotech regular
    50;54;58 ping tour wedges
    Ping Pal putter
    Ping moonlite bag
  • gatorman2k6gatorman2k6 Northern VirginiaMembers  123WRX Points: 96Posts: 123 Fairways

On -, @BIG STU said:

Glad to see someone besides myself carries long irons and a hybrid---- That tells me right off you know your game and equipment--- And gotta give you extra points for the NC State headcover on the hybrid.

Thanks! Trying to decide which one will stay in the bag - but really like both. 3-wood cover is also NC State. Assuming you are an alum?

On -, @weavej1 said:

Nice setup

Thanks!

Posted:

Instagram:

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13911WRX Points: 2,730Handicap: 0.9 >< 3.8Posts: 13,911 Titanium Tees

you need a 4 * lofted driver !!!
    We see some of these low loft Cally heads at my club as Justin James is fit there sometimes
    Cool set up

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Callaway Apex UT 30* AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  13137WRX Points: 4,198Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,137 Titanium Tees

On -, @gatorman2k6 said:

On -, @BIG STU said:

Thanks! Trying to decide which one will stay in the bag - but really like both. 3-wood cover is also NC State. Assuming you are an alum?

On -, @weavej1 said:

Nice setup

Thanks!

Not an alum but should have been--- My Dad's friend was the golf coach there for years

Posted:

On -, @cardoustie said:

We see some of these low loft Cally heads at my club as Justin James is fit there sometimes
    Cool set up

Thanks! And that's gotta be pretty cool to see him getting fitted!

Posted:

Instagram:

On -, @BIG STU said:

On -, @gatorman2k6 said:

On -, @BIG STU said:

On -, @weavej1 said:

Nice setup

Thanks!

Not an alum but should have been--- My Dad's friend was the golf coach there for years

That's awesome! I need to get back down there to play the course some. Unfortunately, it didn't open until my senior year, but I love it down in Raleigh.

Posted:

Instagram:

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13911WRX Points: 2,730Handicap: 0.9 >< 3.8Posts: 13,911 Titanium Tees

On -, @gatorman2k6 said:

On -, @cardoustie said:

Cool set up

Thanks! And that's gotta be pretty cool to see him getting fitted!

they had to leave the range and go to the course. He was flying everything
    If memory serves, it was 55* out and misty rainy and he was one hopping it into a fwy bunker 115 from the green on a 505 yard par 5

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Blueboard Matte 53x
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Blueboard OG 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard Ion 73x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Callaway Apex UT 30* AD DI 105x
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

On -, @gatorman2k6 said:

On -, @BIG STU said:

On -, @gatorman2k6 said:

On -, @BIG STU said:

On -, @weavej1 said:

Nice setup

Thanks!

That's awesome! I need to get back down there to play the course some. Unfortunately, it didn't open until my senior year, but I love it down in Raleigh.

Have not been to Raleigh in years--- Back in the day we used to play at the old RGA course on Tryon Hills road---- And I have played Prestonwood over in Cary another one of my Dad's friends was the director of golf there before he passed away a few years back. Also way back we used to play Cheviot Hills over on US1 but that course has been gone probably 35 years or more now

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @cardoustie said:

they had to leave the range and go to the course. He was flying everything
    If memory serves, it was 55* out and misty rainy and he was one hopping it into a fwy bunker 115 from the green on a 505 yard par 5

That's insane!! It's really impressive just how far they hit it!

On -, @BIG STU said:

Have not been to Raleigh in years--- Back in the day we used to play at the old RGA course on Tryon Hills road---- And I have played Prestonwood over in Cary another one of my Dad's friends was the director of golf there before he passed away a few years back. Also way back we used to play Cheviot Hills over on US1 but that course has been gone probably 35 years or more now

Loved playing RGA while I was in school! Loved that it was a flat rate, as I would usually play 27 or 36 holes whenever I went out.

Posted:

Instagram:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.