Wife had a hole in one

ldandrealdandrea dearbornMembers Posts: 28 ✭✭

So yesterday my wife got a hole in one. It was amazing! It was the first one I’ve ever seen in person. My question is how many of you have a spouse that has one without you having one? And how many years has it been? It’s only been a day and I’m already getting bitter :)

Comments

• LokiLoki Members Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Never had one and my wife doesn't play so I can only be bitter also.

• ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,725 ClubWRX

My hubby has made one. I have witnessed 8. My total still remains 0.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX (wind) or ProV1X (tournaments) in yellow
  • pjmpjm Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

My wife had a hole in one the first time she played on a course, albeit a par 3 course. It was the proverbial heavenly parabola and I was so proud. She didn’t think much of it, explaining that she was trying to hit it into the hole. It is the only one I have witnessed and I am still yet to have one.

• Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My Mom has one, while playing with my Dad. My Dad has 4. I have one. No wife.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • davep043davep043 Members Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I had one before we were married. Then she had TWO. I caught her, and passed her, and she's caught me again, we each have three. And neither of us has seen any of the other's aces.

• chippa13chippa13 Members Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My wife got one 4-5 yeard ago. It is the only one I've ever seen. I can't wait until I can stop her from ending any golf conversation with, "Which one of us has the hole in one?"

• ldandrealdandrea dearbornMembers Posts: 28 ✭✭

@chippa13 said:
    My wife got one 4-5 yeard ago. It is the only one I've ever seen. I can't wait until I can stop her from ending any golf conversation with, "Which one of us has the hole in one?"

Lol! I’ve heard that for 3 days now. A guy at my club got his 20 years after his wife. I think I’ll be divorced if it takes that long :)

• MignuzMignuz Members Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

15 years playing, never had one, neither my wife.
    witnessed only 1 HIO with a very BAD shot.

• RoodyRoody You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all Members Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Neither my wife or I have one. And she was just commenting as recently as a week or two ago to a friend that she kinda hopes she doesn't get one before me because I play a lot more golf than she does, and she'd feel bad LOL

Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Odyssey Black Series #7
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Mrs. Ferguson has one, circa 2007.
    139 yards, two bounce and a little roll.
    I have seen 7 in my lifetime.

I don't have one and I am not "sergio angry" about it either GD-IT.

• SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭

Neither my wife nor I have one, but I'm totally 100% convinced she's going to get one before me. I've been playing for 40+ years, she's been playing for two years. It's inevitable.

• swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 31, 2019 1:38pm #13

A couple we’ve become friends with at my club has started playing more, they’ve got some young kids and spend all their time on the kids game and taking them to tournaments. The oldest is just at the age where she can watch the others for a while so we’ve gotten them out for a couple fun scrambles and outings. She probably hasn’t played more than 5 times in the 5 years previous to this, she’s played 8 rounds this year and has two! Her husband doesn’t have one yet 😂

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

@swizbeatz said:
    A couple we’ve become friends with at my club has started playing more, they’ve got some young kids and spend all their time on the kids game and taking them to tournaments. The oldest is just at the age where she can watch the others for a while so we’ve gotten them out for a couple fun scrambles and outings. She probably hasn’t played more than 5 times in the 5 years previous to this, she’s played 8 rounds this year and has two! Her husband doesn’t have one yet 😂

I feel for him!

• huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California Members Posts: 62 ✭✭

My dad golfed with his buddy and his buddies wife. It was her first time golfing and she made a hole in one...

@huckitchuckit said:
    My dad golfed with his buddy and his buddies wife. It was her first time golfing and she made a hole in one...

Did your dads buddy have one? I think I would have to give up the game if that happened!

• buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Just got my wife started and now you have me nervous she'll beat me to it. I've played 1,000s of rounds and no HIOs to count for it...

• ykhwazykhwaz Members Posts: 11 ✭✭

have made zero HIO and have never seen one in person. not giving up tho

• neillmacparguyneillmacparguy Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

Congratulations to your wife!

Neill A. MacLeod III
    Greenwood, NS
    Callaway Epic 9 deg
    Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
    Adams Black Super Hybrid 15deg
    Miura CB-501 irons
    Scotty Cameron Fastback 34”

• mukstermukster The secret IS in the dirt North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My wife has one. She hardly played back then, we were on holiday in Palm Springs. She was being treated for uveitis of one eye (an inflammation that needed all sorts of drops) and could not really see out of that eye. Took a 3 wood on a 120 yard par 3 and hit a nice draw, two bounce and in.

Interestingly, our same foursome played in Florida a few years later and my buddy got an ace.

Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Cobra Baffler Rail H 17* hybrid, 
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter

@mukster said:
    My wife has one. She hardly played back then, we were on holiday in Palm Springs. She was being treated for uveitis of one eye (an inflammation that needed all sorts of drops) and could not really see out of that eye. Took a 3 wood on a 120 yard par 3 and hit a nice draw, two bounce and in.

Interestingly, our same foursome played in Florida a few years later and my buddy got an ace.

Do you have one?

• raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been close a few times, but never had one. My wife, who plays maybe once every two years, got one a couple of years ago on a little 110 yard drop shot par 3. She hit driver...

• TexC04TexC04 Members Posts: 18 ✭✭

I don’t have one, but the thought of getting one doesn’t excite me either. I’d much rather have a personal best low round than an ace....

I’d be happy for my wife if she got one- it would probably make her want to golf more

Callaway Rogue 10.5* driver
    Callaway Rogue 17* Fairway
    Callaway Rogue 21* and 24* and 27* Hybrids
    Mizuno JPX 919 7-PW, GW, SW, LW
    Lajosi DD-201 WB

• FlyingAceFlyingAce Members Posts: 3
    edited Aug 20, 2019 1:10pm #24

We both started playing golf together 4 years ago, my wife had her 1st in 9/2017, then her 2nd in 6/2018. I witnessed both and I have none. Not feeling bitter but would like to have one of my own in this lifetime.
    She plays alot of golf (5x a week) while I work, so I expect her to have a higher chance of HIO. Whenever we are on a par 3, I have to pay extra attention incase she gets another ace. She plays all her par 3s for the hole (not just for the green), while I am just hoping to be anywhere near the green.
    I don’t hear about her practicing at the range at all but she is a little better each time I play with her. She is currently a 7 hcp and has started playing hybrid/men’s tee to challenge herself, but the extra yardage make no difference - she still plays to her handicap. Our home couse has 27 holes. Last season her goal was to par every hole once, this year, it’s birdie and she has already birdied all the par 5s and par 3s multiple times. I wish I can devote that much time to golf...

• Golf PigGolf Pig Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited Aug 21, 2019 4:45pm #25

My wife and I are both avid golfers and we each had 2 holes-in-one before we met. Ever since we've known each other (21 years) neither of us added to that total. She aced the 4th hole in the final round of the club championship at our course Saturday and was rubbing it in pretty good. I was happy for her but secretly bitter at the same time. That is until yesterday when I aced the same hole! I haven't stopped gloating.

• tocinotocino Members Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have one yet and although my wife has her own set, she has yet to play an actual course (just the range). If she got one before i did i would never hear the end of it. Even if i got one eventually or several her response would be, "Well, who had one first?!"

• VesparVespar Members Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

My wife got a hole in one 15 years ago and anytime I offered a tip or correction ( shes a 29 handicap, I'm a 5 right now) She always remind me she had one and I didn't. Well in the past two years I now have two and her handicapp has dropped down to 20...Things are good now

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file