Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

First +100 yard hole out, and first eagle!

kmay__ ·  
kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada.Members  584WRX Points: 360Posts: 584 Golden Tee

Played some good golf this weekend, wanted to share as my playing partner played poorly both days so I couldn't even get a "nice shot" outta him. Anyways played a twilight 18 Friday night, shot 91, which is my usual average for a decent round (at a proper length track) , with the usual few blowups that are always there. But solid for me none the less as I'm trying to break 90 this season. Then Saturday evening we got out for 18 more on the little Muni course in our city, which is a 60 par, only 2 par 4s per side. 1st hole par 4 drive it though the fairway into the dogleg, then hit a little 75% pw from about 105-110 which just carried the front bunker bounced once and rolled perfectly into the cup for my first proper +100yd hole out, and first eagle. Super satisfying moment to watch it work out perfectly like that. Went on to shoot +6 which is by far the best round I've put together there. Had 4 3 putts for bogeys, which meant my GIRs were pretty solid. Anyways just sharing, like I said I couldn't really enjoy it too well with my pal being sour during both games hahaha.

Maybe things are starting to come together....... lol famous last words.

Posted:
Callaway Rogue 10.5*
Cobra Baffler 16*
PING G30 4h 22*
TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
PM Grind 60*
Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 

Comments

• kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  584WRX Points: 360Posts: 584 Golden Tee

Nice playing man, keep it up and you'll get where you want to. Dont let your buddys emotions on the course effect your own play, focus on your game.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  584WRX Points: 360Posts: 584 Golden Tee

^ Thanks!

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
  • JDFishJDFish Pickerington, OhioMembers  994WRX Points: 206Handicap: 7Posts: 994 Golden Tee

Congrats! I nearly holed out from 110 yards on the 18th hole on Saturday - was just an inch to the left of the hole. Not as nice as an eagle, but I'll take a kick in birdie :)

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
    Callaway Epic Flash 3+ wood Fujikura Ventus Blue TS 7S
    Callaway XR 5 wood
    Taylormade GAPR 3 Mid KBS 80 S
    Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
    Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #1 33"
  • James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members  1296WRX Points: 907Handicap: 12Posts: 1,296 Platinum Tees

“He’s got about 110 in there wouldn’t you say Jim?
    -yeah Roger, slight breeze, nothing to worry about, maybe a little pitching wedge over the bunker I’d expect...

• Yeah he’s got the wedge out here... started it out on line, it’ll feed to the hole off the bunker... looking pretty good... how about this? How about THIS!?! You better believe it! An eagle two! And a fantastic start to the day, -2 and a share of the lead!”

Because life is better with commentary! Congrats on the Eagle and the good round!

Posted:
    Golfing in Finland!
    Taylormade R15
    W/S Fybrid 3W
    W/S Fybrid 5W
    Hogan Apex 2003 (3-E)
    Mizuno 56
    Maxfli Revolution 60
    Macgregor Jackie Pung Putter #10

• ShakesterShakester Members  652WRX Points: 160Handicap: 9Posts: 652 Golden Tee

I holed out a 140 yarder and it felt good so I know how it feels. Unfortunately, mine was after drive into a creek, taking a drop and for birdie, but the best birdie I've hit in my life so far.

Posted:
    Cobra Speedzone 9 degrees (Aldila Rogue 60) 
    Cobra Soeedzone 14.5 3 wood
    Taylormade P790 2 Iron UDI
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Bridgestone B X 
  • dodgymandodgyman Members  76WRX Points: 43Handicap: 9Posts: 76 Fairways

Just had my first eagle today. 383 yard par 4 at a really tough course. Hooked my driver a little, ended up 120 from the hole but in rough with a blind shot over a tree. Hit a pitching wedge, heard a bounce and then the flagstick. Awesome feeling, happy to join the eagle club finally.

Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]DR: Cobra F9 (Graphite Design TourAD GP)
    3W: Cobra F7 (ProjectX Hzrdus Red)
    Hy: Cobra F9 3h (Graphite Design TourAD HY)
    4-5: Mizuno MP20 HMB (MMT 105s)
    6-PW: Mizuno MP20 (MMT 105s)
    52,56,60: Vokey SM8 (MMT 105s)
    P: Evnroll ER2[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dayvei214dayvei214 Members  152WRX Points: 47Posts: 152 Fairways

There's awesome! Congrats! I got my first eagle last week also! Not as awesome as a hole out but I drove the green on a short par 4.

Posted:
  • buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members  79WRX Points: 32Handicap: 2Posts: 79 Fairways

Congrats! I actually wish I remembered my first eagle...that’s very exciting

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.