Jul89

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Jul89 said:

> Can I post my swing here?

Yep

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Go slow, obviously.

Might want to get the hands in just a bit more on takeaway - so over foot at p2. And get a Bit more flex in lead wrist in transition.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies. Could it be that the weight moves because i am standing too far away from the ball? So keep the weight in the arches of the foot?

Do you think i should squat more at impact? What do you mean with weight into ground?

Thanks

> @"Ping's Duck" said:

> Weight moving from heels to toes when starting swing. Set up into arches instead then stay where you are and allow weight to travel downward into ground would be an area to consider.

Hi guys, here is face on, down the line and slow motion for you. I have just started hitting balls again and played one round of 91 after two years of not playing. How can I get back on track? I am having inconsistent results with my swing. Also short game of course. Lost 5 balls in 18 holes. I topped three lob wedges over the green. Maybe my biggest handicap is my between my ears. I play below my ability on the course. I hope the quality is good enough.

> @Jul89 said:

> Not too much weight towards the left. Earlier straightening of the right arm. That was a pro at my golf club.

Its hard to tell alot from those videos but the one huge thing i see that would effect your ball striking and even produce right shots, is on your downswing your upper half of your body and head slide quite a bit towards the target. If you drew a line right down your face between the eyes and down to the center of the chest- you want everything to rotate on this axis without much lateral movement. That will help your striking. Actually looking again, you sway away from target on backswing and back forward on downswing. Another thing i kind of see is it looks as if your backswing is limited, mainly by lack of hip rotation, but this would help you pick up speed and power, not necessarily something id worry about just yet.

He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Thanks guys for posting. @glk Can you elaborate on the drill in post 9? Whats the purpose and goal of that drill in my case? How do i execute it and how does it help?

> @glk said:

> He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> @Jul89 said:

> Thanks guys for posting. @glk Can you elaborate on the drill in post 9? Whats the purpose and goal of that drill in my case? How do i execute it and how does it help?

> > @glk said:

> > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

Iteach has discussion with the Instagram which doesn’t show up when posted here. Just need a driveway marker. From hardware store. In short it is to get your arms and hips working together. Feedback on hip depth / tilts and you have to coordinate arms and hips on downswing to get arms back in front and not stuck otherwise your arms hit the stick - belt loops look out. Here is iteach Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/dancarraher/. Posted item was dated June 3 so you have to scroll down a bit to get to it and see full post.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @glk said:

> > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

>

> In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

>

Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too.https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqz3aSxFSXv/

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> >

> > In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> >

>

> Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too

The upper, or im looking at the dot on the neck, moves maybe an inch in that example. It is still relatively still compared to everything else. If you go back and watch the OPs video he is moving his head/neck a good 4-6 inches away from the target and back 4-6 inches towards on the downswing, that much movement is just asking for inconsistent contact.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> > >

> > > In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> > >

> >

> > Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too

>

> The upper, or im looking at the dot on the neck, moves maybe an inch in that example. It is still relatively still compared to everything else. If you go back and watch the OPs video he is moving his head/neck a good 4-6 inches away from the target and back 4-6 inches towards on the downswing, that much movement is just asking for inconsistent contact.

In video,He moves both centers 4 inches forward of setup by left arm parallel downswing. Not an inch. Just moving lower is the dreaded “bump” where the upper body hangs back.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> > > >

> > > > In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too

> >

> > The upper, or im looking at the dot on the neck, moves maybe an inch in that example. It is still relatively still compared to everything else. If you go back and watch the OPs video he is moving his head/neck a good 4-6 inches away from the target and back 4-6 inches towards on the downswing, that much movement is just asking for inconsistent contact.

>

> He moves both centers 4 inches forward of setup by left arm parallel downswing. Not an inch. Just moving lower is the dreaded “bump” where the upper body hangs back.

Disagree on op. Issues is more hip depth and getting arms/hips working together not him having an upper body lunge - he gets his sternum in front of the ball and his left hip/knee /ankle lined up at impact - Look at him at left arm parallel downswing - he is lied up well just has arms stuck so he has to do the stall/EE/flip.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> > > >

> > > > In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too

> >

> > The upper, or im looking at the dot on the neck, moves maybe an inch in that example. It is still relatively still compared to everything else. If you go back and watch the OPs video he is moving his head/neck a good 4-6 inches away from the target and back 4-6 inches towards on the downswing, that much movement is just asking for inconsistent contact.

>

> In video,He moves both centers 4 inches forward of setup by left arm parallel downswing. Not an inch. Just moving lower is the dreaded “bump” where the upper body hangs back.

If that grid is in inches, then that neck dot moves about an inch and a half total.

pcwvgbbxve3i.jpeg

hv8jji27bmtw.jpeg

k337sexxw9g4.jpeg

hc70zts7ghu9.jpeg

2rrjt6gv1a83.jpeg

Red line touching dot in question. Just being lenient ill say 2 inches, but there are players that are more quiet than others with this.

> @glk said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> > > > >

> > > > > In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too

> > >

> > > The upper, or im looking at the dot on the neck, moves maybe an inch in that example. It is still relatively still compared to everything else. If you go back and watch the OPs video he is moving his head/neck a good 4-6 inches away from the target and back 4-6 inches towards on the downswing, that much movement is just asking for inconsistent contact.

> >

> > He moves both centers 4 inches forward of setup by left arm parallel downswing. Not an inch. Just moving lower is the dreaded “bump” where the upper body hangs back.

> Disagree on op. Issues is more hip depth and getting arms/hips working together not him having an upper body lunge - he gets his sternum in front of the ball and his left hip/knee /ankle lined up at impact - Look at him at left arm parallel downswing - he is lied up well just has arms stuck so he has to do the stall/EE/flip.

>

>

Well i guess we will just have to agree to disagree then. I know there are other issues, but that upper movement away and to is an issue in my opinion. Much easier to hit a ball that is still than one that is moving.

> @Red4282 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > @glk said:

> > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> > > > >

> > > > > In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too

> > >

> > > The upper, or im looking at the dot on the neck, moves maybe an inch in that example. It is still relatively still compared to everything else. If you go back and watch the OPs video he is moving his head/neck a good 4-6 inches away from the target and back 4-6 inches towards on the downswing, that much movement is just asking for inconsistent contact.

> >

> > In video,He moves both centers 4 inches forward of setup by left arm parallel downswing. Not an inch. Just moving lower is the dreaded “bump” where the upper body hangs back.

>

> If that grid is in inches, then that neck dot moves about an inch and a half total.

> pcwvgbbxve3i.jpeg

> hv8jji27bmtw.jpeg

> k337sexxw9g4.jpeg

> hc70zts7ghu9.jpeg

> 2rrjt6gv1a83.jpeg

>

> Red line touching dot in question. Just being lenient ill say 2 inches, but there are players that are more quiet than others with this.

>

Your lines are not needed. They have the center marked and indicate how much he has moved them in the swing. At impact the upper center torso,think inside rib cage at sternum, has moved 3.95 inches forward of setup and lower center pelvis 5.55 inches. Those are the sway numbers listed. Bottom numbers are relative pressure.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @Red4282 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > @Red4282 said:

> > > > > > > @glk said:

> > > > > > > He isn’t moving too far left. Yes he could be more center pivot but his shift never gets him past the ball. He lacks hip turn so he gets arms stuck behind and has to do the stall/EE/flip release. See drill in post 9. And there is definitely lateral movement in the golf swing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In the hips yes, but imo the shoulders, neck and head should have almost none.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Both upper and lower body centers move forward in transition and depending on club upper will move back or stop as lower may move more. It starts before the backswing ends too

> > > >

> > > > The upper, or im looking at the dot on the neck, moves maybe an inch in that example. It is still relatively still compared to everything else. If you go back and watch the OPs video he is moving his head/neck a good 4-6 inches away from the target and back 4-6 inches towards on the downswing, that much movement is just asking for inconsistent contact.

> > >

> > > In video,He moves both centers 4 inches forward of setup by left arm parallel downswing. Not an inch. Just moving lower is the dreaded “bump” where the upper body hangs back.

> >

> > If that grid is in inches, then that neck dot moves about an inch and a half total.

> > pcwvgbbxve3i.jpeg

> > hv8jji27bmtw.jpeg

> > k337sexxw9g4.jpeg

> > hc70zts7ghu9.jpeg

> > 2rrjt6gv1a83.jpeg

> >

> > Red line touching dot in question. Just being lenient ill say 2 inches, but there are players that are more quiet than others with this.

> >

>

> Your lines are not needed. They have the center marked and indicate how much he has moved them in the swing. At impact the upper center torso,think inside rib cage at sternum, has moved 3.95 inches forward of setup and lower center pelvis 5.55 inches. Those are the sway numbers listed. Bottom numbers are relative pressure.

Well thats where we are off. Im not talking rib cage. Im talking head,neck/base of shoulders