FootJoy Tour X shoes - July 2019

2»

Comments

• rt_chargerrt_charger Ball Hitter Members Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 1, 2019 3:34am #32

Tbh I really dislike modern golf shoes with all their running shoe aesthetics - we're playing golf, not going for a run. These are just classic and have a great style to them.

"Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." - Bobby Jones
  • onemoetimeonemoetime Jack of all trades. Ace of none. South Bend, INMembers Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

Good looking shoes. Nice to see a classic going a little more modern.

Titleist junkie
  • tleadertleader Members Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard pass. Look so similar to past models.

• Titleist_hoTitleist_ho Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of the XPS (very stiff golf shoe) and Tour-S
    Not sold on these

• MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Titleist_ho said:
    Reminds me of the XPS (very stiff golf shoe) and Tour-S
    Not sold on these

I believe that the Tour S evolved from elements of the DNA and Tour-S and it looks like the Tour X is a case of evolution from the S.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • Kirch17Kirch17 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

Why is the toe box so pointy and narrow? Agree with those who say FJ has missed the mark for a while.

• sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I spoke to a FJ rep today...he said they realize the toe box is too narrow...and they are changing it. Next season the "new" SL-Pro will be much more comfortable with a softer insole.

• sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this comment in the main article. Classic...and accurate..." I don’t know anyone’s foot that comes to a triangle point at the toes like the way Footjoy makes shoes. It’s like they’ve never seen a foot before. "

• stuart.f.cohenstuart.f.cohen Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

I love the icons and the dryjoy tours but want to like the other footjoys. They are ugly and seem to be in love with that power strap. Tried the DNA's 1 and 2 and this seems to be the next version. Wish it was better looking or really light weight. Myjoy Icons here I come

• jdubya13jdubya13 New EnglandMembers Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭

@sheldonjhacker said:
    I spoke to a FJ rep today...he said they realize the toe box is too narrow...and they are changing it. Next season the "new" SL-Pro will be much more comfortable with a softer insole.

Looks like I’m waiting til next year. Good info, thank ya.

WITB?  Who the **** knows these days...
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have narrow feet and prefer the classic, dress shoe looking toe. These aren't bad but they aren't all that good either. I like everything from the middle of the foot forward to the toe. The "saddle" and strap on the back they can keep. Just make the 1857 style with a spikeless and spiked sole and be done with it.

• BTeeBTee ClubWRX Posts: 32 ClubWRX

I hope they offer them in the BOA system

• vrnynvrnyn CanadaMembers Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭

Decent looking shoe, reminds me of the XPS model from a few years back.

M5 9.0* 
    915d 18*
    915d 21*
    716 AP2 4&5
    714 CB 6-P
    SM7 52-F,56-S
    SM6 60-K
    Futura X5
  • jas904jas904 Members Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kirch17 said:
    Why is the toe box so pointy and narrow? Agree with those who say FJ has missed the mark for a while.

And for this exact reason there is zero chance that I could wear this shoe.

TaylorMade M4 8.5, HZRDUS Yellow 65
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, Steelfiber 110
    Titleist SM6 50F Steelfiber 110, SM7 56S Steelfiber 110, SM7 60D Steelfiber 110
    Ping Ketsch Armlock
  • Trying4BetterTrying4Better Members Posts: 131 ✭✭✭

Depending on what you want out of your shoe, mobility or stability, the cleats being to the outside of the foot bed are a homerun. I played/coached Lacrosse at the collegiate level and one big thing constantly overlooked was cleats. One company, New Balance, made the change to adding cleats to the outside of the foot bed and the result was insane amounts of stability, which translated into rotational power. I can see this being extremely beneficial if they can nail down the toe box. I agree, this is far too pointy. FWIW, I think the perfect shoe would be this cleat construction on the PRO/SL foot bed!

Come on FootJoy! Make us a fully cleated PRO/SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will sell out in 5 minutes!

• opus_mhopus_mh Caddy for Hire...Winning!!! Members Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the new foot joy styles but they just don't fit. My feet are too wide.

Callaway Rogue SZ 7.0 Matrix M5 Black Tie 70x
    Taylormade M2 DF 13* Matrix SpeedRulz Atype 80x
    Callaway UT 18 & 21 Steelfiber 110cw
    Srixon 765 5-9 Nippon Modus 3 130x
    Cleveland 46,52 60 RTX3 Nippon Modus 3 130x
    Odyssey Mc2 Oworks
    Srixon Zstar gloves, and Zstar XV Ball
  • AlexblakkAlexblakk Members Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

Love it
    Anyone knows when it does come out ?

• golfschnellgolfschnell Members Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭

Still have the toe box that only the narrowest of feet could love, I will stick with Ecco

• paperclippaperclip Hopefully where I am hitting and chasing a little white ball........Members Posts: 66 ✭✭

@sheldonjhacker said:

Umm, so it hasn't come out yet and they realize they made a mistake? And it will take them a year to fix it?

My Weapons of Grass Destruction: Titleist TS2 10.5* Titleist 906F4 15.5* Titleist 910H 21* Titleist 716 AP2 4-P Vokey SM7’s: 50.12F, 56.14F, 60.08M Odyssey Black Series 3
    Round white things with a bunch of dimples and dents and scrapes[/i]
  • mlecs03mlecs03 Members Posts: 68 ✭✭

I'm a fan, they remind me of a Fury/DNA hybrid

• ace036ace036 Members Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ASN21 said:
    These would be so much better if you couldn't see the spikes sticking out when looking down at them while you are wearing them. The biggest turn off for me for Footjoy spiked shoes. The spikes are just way too aggressive and big.

I 100% agree. Can’t stand seeing those “pods” or whatever Footjoy calls them when looking down from address.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757x
    Ping G410 14.5° - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5
    Srixon Z U85 20° - KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 85 s+
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50.08F - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 54.10S - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 58.08M - Project X 6.0
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F
  • mtiger10mtiger10 Members Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

So many guys switching to the spikeless these days but for the purist who just wants a solid pair of spiked shoes, FJ sets the bar with these. GREAT looking shoe!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file