NFL 2019 Season Discussion

touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited Aug 4, 2019 12:15pm in The 19th Hole #1

This time every year I start the pro football thread here in the 19th hole.
Training camps are open now so here we go. It's the 2019-2020 season so let's talk some pro football.

TM M3 Tensei Blue 
TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
Ping i20 fw 19* project X
TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
G. RIfe two bar mallet

Post edited by touch on
«1

Comments

  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 3, 2019 2:03pm #2

    Just dropping by in my hot air balloon to see what’s new.
    Also to claim my place on the IR list.

  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm the next Vince Papale. Except much older. And I'm gonna be a star.

    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 4, 2019 12:23pm #4

    This thread is limited to those who have earned the right to play from the Titanium Tees! lol .....I jest.
    My good friends Q and Pete, it will be so nice to be back with you talking many things NFL.

    Selinawnt Football Are You Ready GIF - Selinawnt FootballAreYouReady GIFs

    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 4, 2019 12:24pm #5

    Win - Loss totals for all the teams for the new season.
    Any juicy plays ?
    Image result for win loss totals nfl 2019

    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    The Jets at +7.5 is a serious reach moi believes.

    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, INMembers Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wrong side of the juice, but the Ravens under 8.5 and Titans under 8 would be where I would start. Like the Texans over 8.5 as well, getting a little for it.

  • spk7spk7 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

    Cleveland’s too high, i dont think they’ll be as good of a team as many believe. Lot of talent but i dont know if it’ll all work together

  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    The loneliest walk is from the top to the bottom. With Marty no longer at the helm, the walk will be expedited. No sleepy eyed Joe to hold the water, now its RGIII. I bet the HOF game was epic... just as it always is.

  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2019 12:39am #10

    @spk7 said:
    Cleveland’s too high, i dont think they’ll be as good of a team as many believe. Lot of talent but i dont know if it’ll all work together

    Agreed. Too many troublesome personalities. Same with Oakland, but no one expects them to do well.

    What’s the over/under on the number of quarterbacks the Redskins will start this year?

  • spk7spk7 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

    @MountainGoat said:

    @spk7 said:
    Cleveland’s too high, i dont think they’ll be as good of a team as many believe. Lot of talent but i dont know if it’ll all work together

    Agreed. Too many troublesome personalities. Same with Oakland, but no one expects them to do well.

    What’s the over/under on the number of quarterbacks the Redskins will start this year?

    Yeah true no one has Oakland on the radar and rightfully so IMO, but I dont know about Washington I haven’t kept up with them and where Alex Smith is as far as his injury

  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,142 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I in NY.

    Maybe I start watchin hockey.

    Or do we suck at that too!

  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    On the subject of total wins I'll contribute the following.
    Saints Under 10 1/2 as it is a readjusting year for the Who Dats.
    Chargers Under 9 1/2 as i don't see them having a 10 win season.
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2019 11:19am #14

    @touch said:
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

    Cousins with Minnesota was exactly who he was when he was with Washington -- real nice guy with good numbers who throws a game- or season-crushing interception at exactly the wrong time. I don't expect anything different this year. Fortunately, no one in the NFC Central is very strong. 8 & 8 might get a playoff spot.

  • Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf Members Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭

    @MountainGoat said:

    @touch said:
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

    Cousins with Minnesota was exactly who he was when he was with Washington -- real nice guy with good numbers who throws a game- or season-crushing interception at exactly the wrong time. I don't expect anything different this year. Fortunately, no one in the NFC Central is very strong. 8 & 8 might get a playoff spot.

    Yes, this......Kirk Cousins is the best "Average QB" in the NFL.

    Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 12.5 degree, Aldila Tour ATX-75 in x-flex
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
  • Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf Members Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭

    @touch said:
    On the subject of total wins I'll contribute the following.
    Saints Under 10 1/2 as it is a readjusting year for the Who Dats.
    Chargers Under 9 1/2 as i don't see them having a 10 win season.
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

    It may be somewhat of an adjustment year for the Saints.....but they still have Brees and Kamara and Thomas.......and they'll be entering the season with a huge chip on their shoulder after last year's robbery.

    Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 12.5 degree, Aldila Tour ATX-75 in x-flex
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
  • jaw2k9jaw2k9 Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭

    Skins will suck, the new QB(s) won't pan out, they will be a bottom dwelling team, again, and for always. The good news, is that along with more replays, more challenges, more bad calls, more commercials, and sadly, more injuries, I will not miss a thing. I used to not only love Sunday NFL games but the skins in particular - even got a speeding ticket trying to get home to see them (this was Gibbs era 1). Anyway, more time for golf now and the courses will likely be less full making the game that much more enjoyable.

  • Brandons68Brandons68 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

    I hope my Steelers come out and shock some people.. playing without AB and Bell might be interesting for a few weeks, but we still have a solid receiving core and a great running back. Time will tell, but I think we will be fine. I think the team that will shock most people will be the Browns.. not as good as everyone thinks they will be.

  • SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

    As a Pats fan, I just expect more of the same. 12+ wins, bye in the playoffs, another AFCCG, possibly another SB. Only difference is that the defense will carry the team this time.

    Go ahead, hit me with the hate, I'm used to it :)

  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 600 ClubWRX

    Packers fan here... really don't have any clue what to expect...

    WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec


    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • huckitchuckithuckitchuckit Members Posts: 54 ✭✭

    Cowboys better get their team figured out if they are going to win 9 games..

  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2019 11:29pm #22

    @MountainGoat said:

    @touch said:
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

    Cousins with Minnesota was exactly who he was when he was with Washington -- real nice guy with good numbers who throws a game- or season-crushing interception at exactly the wrong time. I don't expect anything different this year. Fortunately, no one in the NFC Central is very strong. 8 & 8 might get a playoff spot.

    NFC Central? 1993 called and wants its division names back. ;)

  • spk7spk7 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

    @Brandons68 said:
    I hope my Steelers come out and shock some people.. playing without AB and Bell might be interesting for a few weeks, but we still have a solid receiving core and a great running back. Time will tell, but I think we will be fine. I think the team that will shock most people will be the Browns.. not as good as everyone thinks they will be.

    They’ll have a chip on their shoulder for sure, not much hype around them and everyone’s talking about the Browns

  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @cdnglf said:

    @MountainGoat said:

    @touch said:
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

    Cousins with Minnesota was exactly who he was when he was with Washington -- real nice guy with good numbers who throws a game- or season-crushing interception at exactly the wrong time. I don't expect anything different this year. Fortunately, no one in the NFC Central is very strong. 8 & 8 might get a playoff spot.

    NFC Central? 1993 called and wants its division names back. ;)

    OK, gotcha. NFC North. You know what I meant.

  • spk7spk7 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

    On hard knocks last night ABs son was asking where Big Ben was lol

  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Can someone explain why Zeke Elliott can’t just sit out this season a la LeVeon Bell and still have it count toward a season of service?

  • padgetpadget Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Petethreeput said:
    Can someone explain why Zeke Elliott can’t just sit out this season a la LeVeon Bell and still have it count toward a season of service?

    I am not 100% sure, but I think Leveon bell was not under contract. He got franchise tagged and refused to sign and sat out.

    I think Zeke has a valid contract but wants a raise and/or an extension.

  • SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

    @padget said:

    @Petethreeput said:
    Can someone explain why Zeke Elliott can’t just sit out this season a la LeVeon Bell and still have it count toward a season of service?

    I am not 100% sure, but I think Leveon bell was not under contract. He got franchise tagged and refused to sign and sat out.

    I think Zeke has a valid contract but wants a raise and/or an extension.

    Correct. He's under contract, so if he sits beyond game 10, he does not accrue the season of service.

  • SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

    Antonio Brown: not practicing due to foot problems.

    Turns out he's got frostbite in both feet because he didn't wear the proper footwear in a cryogenic treatment chamber.

    Wait, what!?

  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @MountainGoat said:

    @cdnglf said:

    @MountainGoat said:

    @touch said:
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

    Cousins with Minnesota was exactly who he was when he was with Washington -- real nice guy with good numbers who throws a game- or season-crushing interception at exactly the wrong time. I don't expect anything different this year. Fortunately, no one in the NFC Central is very strong. 8 & 8 might get a playoff spot.

    NFC Central? 1993 called and wants its division names back. ;)

    OK, gotcha. NFC North. You know what I meant.

    Yup, NFC Norris

  • RichsgboxRichsgbox Members Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

    San Diego Chargers fan here. Didn't know the NFL was still alive.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file