NFL 2019 Season Discussion

touch ·  
touchtouch Asheville, NC 4174WRX Points: 1,682Charter Members Posts: 4,174 Titanium Tees

This time every year I start the pro football thread here in the 19th hole.
Training camps are open now so here we go. It's the 2019-2020 season so let's talk some pro football.

Posted:
Post edited by touch on
Ping G400 9* Alta 
TM rbz stage 2  15* Matrix
Ping i20  5 wood Project X
Callaway Epic 4 hybrid  Recoil 
Adams a7 5 hybrid blue Prolaunch 
TM M5  6-pw  tensei orange 
Ping Glide 2.0 -- 50, 56, 60 all SS grind
G. Rife two bar  cs  

Comments

• PetethreeputPetethreeput  1589WRX Points: 341Handicap: 3.5Members Posts: 1,589 Platinum Tees

Just dropping by in my hot air balloon to see what’s new.
    Also to claim my place on the IR list.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.  6497WRX Points: 587Handicap: XX.7Members Posts: 6,497 Titanium Tees

I'm the next Vince Papale. Except much older. And I'm gonna be a star.

Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • touchtouch Asheville, NC 4174WRX Points: 1,682Charter Members Posts: 4,174 Titanium Tees

This thread is limited to those who have earned the right to play from the Titanium Tees! lol .....I jest.
    My good friends Q and Pete, it will be so nice to be back with you talking many things NFL.

Selinawnt Football Are You Ready GIF - Selinawnt FootballAreYouReady GIFs

Posted:
    Ping G400 9* Alta 
    G. Rife two bar  cs  

• touchtouch Asheville, NC 4174WRX Points: 1,682Charter Members Posts: 4,174 Titanium Tees

Win - Loss totals for all the teams for the new season.
    Any juicy plays ?
    Image result for win loss totals nfl 2019

Posted:
    Ping G400 9* Alta 
    G. Rife two bar  cs  

• Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day.  6497WRX Points: 587Handicap: XX.7Members Posts: 6,497 Titanium Tees

The Jets at +7.5 is a serious reach moi believes.

Posted:
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, IN 631WRX Points: 320Handicap: 3.9Members Posts: 631 Golden Tee

Wrong side of the juice, but the Ravens under 8.5 and Titans under 8 would be where I would start. Like the Texans over 8.5 as well, getting a little for it.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • spk7spk7  89WRX Points: 37Members Posts: 89 Fairways

Cleveland’s too high, i dont think they’ll be as good of a team as many believe. Lot of talent but i dont know if it’ll all work together

Posted:
  • PetethreeputPetethreeput  1589WRX Points: 341Handicap: 3.5Members Posts: 1,589 Platinum Tees

The loneliest walk is from the top to the bottom. With Marty no longer at the helm, the walk will be expedited. No sleepy eyed Joe to hold the water, now its RGIII. I bet the HOF game was epic... just as it always is.

Posted:
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-Maryland 2503WRX Points: 1,113Members Posts: 2,503 Titanium Tees

On -, @spk7 said:

Cleveland’s too high, i dont think they’ll be as good of a team as many believe. Lot of talent but i dont know if it’ll all work together

Agreed. Too many troublesome personalities. Same with Oakland, but no one expects them to do well.

What’s the over/under on the number of quarterbacks the Redskins will start this year?

Posted:

On -, @MountainGoat said:

On -, @spk7 said:

Agreed. Too many troublesome personalities. Same with Oakland, but no one expects them to do well.

What’s the over/under on the number of quarterbacks the Redskins will start this year?

Yeah true no one has Oakland on the radar and rightfully so IMO, but I dont know about Washington I haven’t kept up with them and where Alex Smith is as far as his injury

Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  28349WRX Points: 4,812Members Posts: 28,349 Titanium Tees

I in NY.

Maybe I start watchin hockey.

Or do we suck at that too!

Posted:

Advertisement

On the subject of total wins I'll contribute the following.
    Saints Under 10 1/2 as it is a readjusting year for the Who Dats.
    Chargers Under 9 1/2 as i don't see them having a 10 win season.
    Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9* Alta 
    G. Rife two bar  cs  

• MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-Maryland 2503WRX Points: 1,113Members Posts: 2,503 Titanium Tees

On -, @touch said:

Vikings over 9 because in his second year Kirk Cousins will be more in touch with the offense. The Vikes will get a 10 win season.

Cousins with Minnesota was exactly who he was when he was with Washington -- real nice guy with good numbers who throws a game- or season-crushing interception at exactly the wrong time. I don't expect anything different this year. Fortunately, no one in the NFC Central is very strong. 8 & 8 might get a playoff spot.

Posted:
  • Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf  427WRX Points: 199Handicap: 1.1Members Posts: 427 Greens

On -, @touch said:

Cousins with Minnesota was exactly who he was when he was with Washington -- real nice guy with good numbers who throws a game- or season-crushing interception at exactly the wrong time. I don't expect anything different this year. Fortunately, no one in the NFC Central is very strong. 8 & 8 might get a playoff spot.

Yes, this......Kirk Cousins is the best "Average QB" in the NFL.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
  • Crazy About GolfCrazy About Golf  427WRX Points: 199Handicap: 1.1Members Posts: 427 Greens

On -, @touch said:

On the subject of total wins I'll contribute the following.
    Saints Under 10 1/2 as it is a readjusting year for the Who Dats.
    Chargers Under 9 1/2 as i don't see them having a 10 win season.

It may be somewhat of an adjustment year for the Saints.....but they still have Brees and Kamara and Thomas.......and they'll be entering the season with a huge chip on their shoulder after last year's robbery.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 Speedback 8 degree, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5
    Mizuno CLK 16 degree hybrid, Fujikura Speeder in x-flex
    Mizuno MP18 3-PW, Dynamic Gold x-100
    Mizuno T7 52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8 putter
    ​Titleist Pro-V1
  • jaw2k9jaw2k9  421WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 421 Greens

Skins will suck, the new QB(s) won't pan out, they will be a bottom dwelling team, again, and for always. The good news, is that along with more replays, more challenges, more bad calls, more commercials, and sadly, more injuries, I will not miss a thing. I used to not only love Sunday NFL games but the skins in particular - even got a speeding ticket trying to get home to see them (this was Gibbs era 1). Anyway, more time for golf now and the courses will likely be less full making the game that much more enjoyable.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Brandons68Brandons68  96WRX Points: 31Members Posts: 96 Fairways

I hope my Steelers come out and shock some people.. playing without AB and Bell might be interesting for a few weeks, but we still have a solid receiving core and a great running back. Time will tell, but I think we will be fine. I think the team that will shock most people will be the Browns.. not as good as everyone thinks they will be.

Posted:
  • SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MA 455WRX Points: 260Handicap: 10.3Members Posts: 455 Greens

As a Pats fan, I just expect more of the same. 12+ wins, bye in the playoffs, another AFCCG, possibly another SB. Only difference is that the defense will carry the team this time.

Go ahead, hit me with the hate, I'm used to it :)

Posted:
  • jwhite86jwhite86  801WRX Points: 270Handicap: 12ClubWRX Posts: 801 ClubWRX

Packers fan here... really don't have any clue what to expect...

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California  105WRX Points: 45Members Posts: 105 Fairways

Cowboys better get their team figured out if they are going to win 9 games..

Posted:
  • cdnglfcdnglf  3575WRX Points: 990Members Posts: 3,575 Titanium Tees

On -, @touch said:

NFC Central? 1993 called and wants its division names back. ;)

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Brandons68 said:

I hope my Steelers come out and shock some people.. playing without AB and Bell might be interesting for a few weeks, but we still have a solid receiving core and a great running back. Time will tell, but I think we will be fine. I think the team that will shock most people will be the Browns.. not as good as everyone thinks they will be.

They’ll have a chip on their shoulder for sure, not much hype around them and everyone’s talking about the Browns

Posted:

On -, @cdnglf said:

On -, @touch said:

OK, gotcha. NFC North. You know what I meant.

Posted:

On hard knocks last night ABs son was asking where Big Ben was lol

Posted:

Can someone explain why Zeke Elliott can’t just sit out this season a la LeVeon Bell and still have it count toward a season of service?

Posted:
  • padgetpadget  616WRX Points: 123Members Posts: 616 Golden Tee

On -, @Petethreeput said:

Can someone explain why Zeke Elliott can’t just sit out this season a la LeVeon Bell and still have it count toward a season of service?

I am not 100% sure, but I think Leveon bell was not under contract. He got franchise tagged and refused to sign and sat out.

I think Zeke has a valid contract but wants a raise and/or an extension.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MA 455WRX Points: 260Handicap: 10.3Members Posts: 455 Greens

On -, @padget said:

On -, @Petethreeput said:

I am not 100% sure, but I think Leveon bell was not under contract. He got franchise tagged and refused to sign and sat out.

I think Zeke has a valid contract but wants a raise and/or an extension.

Correct. He's under contract, so if he sits beyond game 10, he does not accrue the season of service.

Posted:

Antonio Brown: not practicing due to foot problems.

Turns out he's got frostbite in both feet because he didn't wear the proper footwear in a cryogenic treatment chamber.

Wait, what!?

Posted:
  • cdnglfcdnglf  3575WRX Points: 990Members Posts: 3,575 Titanium Tees

On -, @cdnglf said:

On -, @touch said:

OK, gotcha. NFC North. You know what I meant.

Yup, NFC Norris

Posted:

Advertisement
  • RichsgboxRichsgbox  225WRX Points: 49Members Posts: 225 Fairways

San Diego Chargers fan here. Didn't know the NFL was still alive.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.