NFL 2019 Season Discussion

2»

Comments

• Ripper212Ripper212 Members Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SecondandGoal said:
    As a Pats fan, I just expect more of the same. 12+ wins, bye in the playoffs, another AFCCG, possibly another SB. Only difference is that the defense will carry the team this time.

Go ahead, hit me with the hate, I'm used to it :)

Agreed altho 11+ wins is more realistic. Doesn't matter since regular season for Pats is only played to determine playoff seeding. Just ridiculous that Pats have been in 9 SuperBowls in Brady's 18 seasons! Defense actually carried the team much of the year last season too, especially in the SB.

• SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

@Ripper212 said:

@SecondandGoal said:
    As a Pats fan, I just expect more of the same. 12+ wins, bye in the playoffs, another AFCCG, possibly another SB. Only difference is that the defense will carry the team this time.

Go ahead, hit me with the hate, I'm used to it :)

Agreed altho 11+ wins is more realistic. Doesn't matter since regular season for Pats is only played to determine playoff seeding. Just ridiculous that Pats have been in 9 SuperBowls in Brady's 18 seasons! Defense actually carried the team much of the year last season too, especially in the SB.

The Super Bowl was one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen, especially given how much the rules favor the offense now. Defense actually looks like it might be even better this year. My son covers the team for NESN.com, and he tells me they've been absolutely lock down in practices, better than he's ever seen them in the preseason. Hopefully it carries over to the regular season.

• SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

@Richsgbox said:
    San Diego Chargers fan here. Didn't know the NFL was still alive.

My condolences. Ridiculous that the NFL let them leave a very passionate fan base for a city that primarily things "soccer" when you say "football".

• MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 9, 2019 1:11am #35

Based on first half performance in first pre-season game, I prematurely predict Washington’s Dwayne Haskins will be a bust. He can’t play.

• touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 10, 2019 10:09am #36

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

• Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Patriots are going to have like 37 tight ends on their roster.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • PetethreeputPetethreeput Members Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have never done a fantasy football league because I think they are dirty. Right? You support a team, but then when its fantasy time, you say screw your heart and go with your wallet.
    Well, this year is different, I signed up for a fantasy league and think I am going to dominate. Of course, I don't really know any players, and I will be on the golf course so the computer is going to make my picks, but I feel like good things come to those who are just in it for the banter. I did get two keepers from the guy who dropped out so I kept Todd Gurley and I think the WR from the Texans, so at least I have a couple of guys until next Saturday when the computer fills my roster.
    Does anyone else in this thread participate in fantasy football?

• DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, INMembers Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've managed a FF league for 19 years, and play in 2 others. All of them have different formats and scoring which helps break up the monotony. Plus it's a good way to keep connected with friends, and have a little bragging rights. Money is nice, but the most you can win is like 300-400 so nothing major. It does cause unnecessary drama from time to time. I also have a rule as a Cowboys fan to never pick any Redskins - the rest of my leagues are full of Giants and Eagles fans so I never get them anyway.

One thing: Draft from your phone on the course and don't let the computer do it. Especially if it's Yahoo. Unless you want to get a kicker in the 8th round and a defense in the 9th - you'll have very questionable depth.

Interesting, I think the league is run through NFL.com, I suspect that won't change much, but I feel like the amount of money I might win when I am on the golf course is greater than the winnings of the league. I don't fully understand it, so I suspect i am completely donating my money the first time anyway. I am also hoping they take the highest rated player regardless of position as they are available, but thank you for the insight. If I get screwed, I will be pretty sad.

• DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, INMembers Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the league lets you pre-rank your preferences for the draft, do that. That may prevent it from filling the starters first (including K/Def) and then the depth. Also, get to know the point and roster structure - I.E. is it PPR/half point PPR/Standard? Does it have a flex position, start 2 QBs, etc. All of that matters for building/managing a team and draft. Handcuffing Gurley with Henderson probably wouldn't be the worst idea either.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ is a solid resource for info.

@DrOldSchool said:
    If the league lets you pre-rank your preferences for the draft, do that. That may prevent it from filling the starters first (including K/Def) and then the depth. Also, get to know the point and roster structure - I.E. is it PPR/half point PPR/Standard? Does it have a flex position, start 2 QBs, etc. All of that matters for building/managing a team and draft. Handcuffing Gurley with Henderson probably wouldn't be the worst idea either.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ is a solid resource for info.

Good news. Because 5 of the 12 can’t make it they are going to re-schedule the draft. I am going to look at this link tho bc I really only read about my team so I can write insipid missives in the golfwrx pick em contest.
    Thank you!

I’m watching a pre-season game that’s being attended by literally tens of fans. Owners can’t be making much money on these things. Why have them?

• MickNuggetzMickNuggetz Members Posts: 1

Dirty Birds going 11 and 5 and winning the NFC South. Signed, a delusional fan.

• huckitchuckithuckitchuckit Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

I fully expect the Rams to make the Superbowl again. They picked up some good defensive players.

I like the look of the Ravens. All the big names on defense are gone, but the new guys are playing well in good schemes. On offense, Lamar Jackson is still a question mark though. Makes great plays, but misses routine throws. Kicker Justin Tucker is money.

• Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Josh Gordon reinstated. Hope he makes it. Probably will be tested every hour.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
    edited Aug 18, 2019 10:20am #48

Now featuring the goatee for the 2019 season
    NFL: Oakland Raiders-Jon Gruden Press Conference

Post edited by touch on
    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

@Qqq123xx said:
    Josh Gordon reinstated. Hope he makes it. Probably will be tested every hour.

Image may contain: car and text

TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

• cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Has Antonio Brown started doing sit-ups in his driveway yet?

@cdnglf said:
    Has Antonio Brown started doing sit-ups in his driveway yet?

Yes.....with another one of his illegal helmets on.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • sharkiesjsharkiesj Members Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s go Pats!!!

@sharkiesj said:
    Let’s go Pats!!!

I look AWESOMEEEEE in red boots. Everyone says so.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • chrisokeefe12chrisokeefe12 Holland, MIMembers Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

I'm a big Eagles fan. Fly birds fly. I think they have an amazing season this year with a great backfield and receiving core. Having a healthy deep threat in Desean Jackson helps so much. They have a great duo in TEs as well. One of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL IMO. The defense can be iffy for sure especially in the secondary and linebacking core. I am worried about how good the cowboys will be, but believe the Giants will be horrible and the Redskins won't be too good.

• chrisokeefe12chrisokeefe12 Holland, MIMembers Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@MountainGoat said:
    I’m watching a pre-season game that’s being attended by literally tens of fans. Owners can’t be making much money on these things. Why have them?

They are like a high school scrimmage now. No one comes and no one really cares unless you are trying to make the team.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file