Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

NFL 2019 Season Discussion

123468

Comments

  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,325 ClubWRX

    how much expectations and hype can you actually get from the worst team in the NFL last year?

    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w ADTP, 3w ADIZ, 5w ADDI, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 CB S300, 718 AP2 4i, S300
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    SC Tour Newport // SC 009 //Byron DH89
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 9, 2019 12:31pm #153

    Whether ya like him or not, Brady is a Freak, lol

    That TD toss to Dorsett was a very very tough throw with a minute window over the top to thread the needle in the red zone with everyone compressed to the middle of the field.

    41-42yo??

    Still has that kind of zip and control??

    One of the first signs that a QB’s arm is starting to go is that their ball will start to “float” on those types of throws and go “tip up” with the tip of the ball being up and rising with the result being sailing it over the WR’s head or they realize that they’ve lost the control & zip and in an attempt to compensate, they try to control their motion, ie., like trying to “control” you shot instead of just swinging or “steering” a putt instead of just stroking the ball, they bury it low trying to keep the tip down. Basically their “over the top” motion has started to drop and their release point occurs earlier in the motion.

    He is seeing none of this and his only two perceivable flaws, one, that he gets a lil lazy mechanically when he has more time to work in the pocket, which leads to him sometimes getting flat footed and “loose” with the ball, leading to poorly placed passes that you’ll sometimes see and think “WTF” cuz it comes out of nowhere with Brady and normally disappears just as quickly is a mental thing and his second flaw, which is more physical as he doesn’t react well when rushed, hurried and forced to step up & throw early or having guys hanging on him or in his face, where as some of Ben’s Best work is done when it’s a Chinese fire drill and guys are flyin by him and hangin on him though he has the size to step up and block them out and look downfield whereas Brady seems to notice them more and “hurry” his throws, which is much more the norm for a NFL QB, than Ben’s reaction and results.

    Brady is arguably the Goat, and would get my vote, with Joe Montana a close second, however Pittsburghers don’t realize just how rare a bird Ben is, though they will when he’s gone, lol.

    Have a great week Guys👊

    My Best,
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • SecondandGoalSecondandGoal South Shore MAMembers Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 9, 2019 12:46pm #154

    @Forged4ever said:
    THIS is why the Pats wanted him back earlier in the year however the Stillers have a Policy starting back a half a century ago with the Ole Man(Art Rooney) that they don’t trade to other AFC teams, end of discussion.

    My Best,
    RP

    Ummmmm... last time I checked, the Raiders are still in the AFC...

    EDIT: just got caught up in the thread, and read your earlier corrections. Rooney couldn't care less what division a team is in. Other than teams in your division, you don't play any teams in your conference more frequently than others. Teams in the AFC North don't play more frequently against teams from the AFC East than the AFC West or AFC South. Or, back in the day when there were only 3 divisions, AFC Central teams had the same number of games against teams from the AFC East as they did the AFC West.

    They didn't care about division, they cared about quality. They traded AB to the Raiders because the Raiders suck and aren't a threat. They didn't want to trade him to the Pats because they know the path to the SB goes through Foxborough.

  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    This just in.....AB says he won't play for Pats unless he can wear the 'Pat Patriot' logo helmet.

    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 2:29am #156

    @SecondandGoal said:

    @Forged4ever said:
    THIS is why the Pats wanted him back earlier in the year however the Stillers have a Policy starting back a half a century ago with the Ole Man(Art Rooney) that they don’t trade to other AFC teams, end of discussion.

    My Best,
    RP

    Ummmmm... last time I checked, the Raiders are still in the AFC...

    EDIT: just got caught up in the thread, and read your earlier corrections. Rooney couldn't care less what division a team is in. Other than teams in your division, you don't play any teams in your conference more frequently than others. Teams in the AFC North don't play more frequently against teams from the AFC East than the AFC West or AFC South. Or, back in the day when there were only 3 divisions, AFC Central teams had the same number of games against teams from the AFC East as they did the AFC West.

    They didn't care about division, they cared about quality. They traded AB to the Raiders because the Raiders suck and aren't a threat. They didn't want to trade him to the Pats because they know the path to the SB goes through Foxborough.

    Ummmmmmmm, I already stated this above in response to Grm24’s post, lol, as he already pointed my error out and I don’t believe in changing or deleting prior posts, which I could’ve easily added “in the East,” that I mistakenly didn’t include in my initial post.

    Art Rooney Sr. said over fifty years ago(1974) that he would never trade a key Player, he was referring to Bradshaw at the time(see above), to any AFC team “in the East” as the Jets and Brownies made serious inquiries with Namath missing over the last half of the 1973 season with a severe knee injury and the subsequent surgery, and though he would win Comeback Player of the year in 1974, Bradshaw was young and they figured that Namath could mentor him for a year or two and if Namath went down again, which his did in 1975, Bradshaw could step in.

    They also were approached by the Jets about a trade for Bell following his marijuana arrest and Dan Rooney said that one, they weren’t looking to move him and two, “NY is too close to home.” The Jets were not a threat nor were the Brownies when they inquired about Brown last season. The Bungals also inquired about James Harrison for a trade in 2012 when his contract talks stalled and the Steelers said “no thanks,” though they ended up releasing him and he ended up signing with the Bungals anyway.

    In 1995 both the Ravens and the Jets wanted to trade for Rod Woodson when he rejected the Stillers last preseason offer(they don’t negotiate contracts during the season) and while the Ravens were competitive, the Jets were “meh” however the Steelers didn’t seriously consider either offer and I don’t recall Baltimore’s though the Jets offered a first and a 3-4th. He ended up walking at the end of the season and signing with the 49’ers, though he would get his ring with Baltimore.

    Bottom line, they don’t deal in “the East,” or at least they haven’t in the last half century plus and I’ve gotta believe that the Ole Man’s kids have stayed true to his comments and thoughts, though in fairness, the Steelers rarely trade period.

    Stay well,
    RP

    Post edited by Forged4ever on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 9, 2019 9:36pm #157

    @Qqq123xx said:
    This just in.....AB says he won't play for Pats unless he can wear the 'Pat Patriot' logo helmet.

    As much as I hate to say it, gonna be a long year for their opponents, lol

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jerebear21 said:
    how much expectations and hype can you actually get from the worst team in the NFL last year?

    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX

    Nice Vid.....

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 9, 2019 11:47pm #160

    Excellent vid~

    Bill quotes an excellent thought from General Eisenhower regarding plans and planning~

    I prefer Mike Tyson’s~

    “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

    Another great quote~

    “We have rules against our Players posting on Instantface” 😂😂😂

    This is goin to be a very interesting season, haha

    Stay well Gents👊
    RP

    Post edited by Forged4ever on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 10, 2019 8:44am #161

    Good heavens that was a thriller for the first MNF game.
    I very much enjoyed that battle in the Superdome.

    Post edited by touch on
    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,325 ClubWRX

    cards had the 1st draft pick over all thus they are the worst team last year; the browns had consecutive years of top 3 picks before last year; both have been bad for a very long time. The hype was all from vegas and the public got suckered in. Kyler is the real deal.

    @Darth Putter said:

    @jerebear21 said:
    how much expectations and hype can you actually get from the worst team in the NFL last year?

    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w ADTP, 3w ADIZ, 5w ADDI, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 CB S300, 718 AP2 4i, S300
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    SC Tour Newport // SC 009 //Byron DH89
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 12:59am #163

    It is happening in week two this season. It sure used to be the "get up for it " week of the year back in my D.C. days ( entire Gibbs era ) .
    Sweetest victory of the year always. HTTR c'mon burgundy and gold
    Am I correct doctoro?

    Image result for dallas week redskins

    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

  • DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, INMembers Posts: 530 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 9:52am #165

    @DrOldSchool said:
    No.

    That sentiment was meant for WRX member doctoro. I see how you could think it was you. Sorry didn't mean to confuse you.

    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 9:53am #166

    Image may contain: 1 person, text
    Image may contain: 1 person, text

    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 9:06pm #167

    We lost a Great one today~

    Sam Davis was an anchor at OG for the Stillers 4 Championships in the 1970’s.

    He also was a Class Act and stalwart in the community, very giving of both himself & his time.

    He spoke at at our Pop Warner awards banquet and was like Santa Claus with the kids, and he loved interacting and telling them stories as much as they loved listening to him, as this was after the banquet, after the autograph signing, when most athletes would have long been out the door.

    Rest easy Sam

    https://www.post-gazette.com/local/east/2019/09/10/Former-Steelers-lineman-Sam-Davis-missing-from-McKeesport-nursing-home/stories/201909100152

    My Best,
    RP

    Post edited by Forged4ever on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 12:22pm #168


    Oh Boy🥴

    They’ve gotta put him joining them on hold tIll they do their own investigation

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-faces-rape-accusations-by-former-trainer/ar-AAH7LGJ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 12:36pm #169

    @touch said:

    Image may contain: 1 person, text
    Image may contain: 1 person, text

    Madison was perusing this thread as I had left it on the iPad and she handed it to me and walked into the bedroom to get dressed. I quickly glanced at Touch’s pic of Brown’s “accuser” and chirped, “she’s actually not bad looking, but her smilingly posing in Raider garb ain’t gonna help her case,” lol

    Maddie responded “you idiot, look at “her” closely 😂😂😂

    He’s a better lookin broad, but like Caitlin, his hands and especially feet would’ve given him away🥴

    Very Nicely Played Brother👊

    Cheers🍻
    Rp

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 1:22pm #170

    The Cancer upon learning of his Raider’s release....

    I wonder how he’s responding today and if it’s gonna be posted🥴???

    Stay Well Gents🍻
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Forged4ever said:
    Excellent vid~

    Bill quotes an excellent thought from General Eisenhower regarding plans and planning~

    I prefer Mike Tyson’s~

    “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

    Another great quote~

    “We have rules against our Players posting on Instantface” 😂😂😂

    This is goin to be a very interesting season, haha

    Stay well Gents👊
    RP

    In this video, Belichick tells the story of the first team meeting he held after taking over the Patriots. Someone he describes as a 'first rounder' from the previous year waltzed in late, and Bill threw him out. Do we know who that was? Damien Woody? Adrian Klemm? Someone else?

  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 1:39pm #172

    Leaked footage that Coach B didn’t want ya to see🥴

    http://www.facebook.com/11971032036/posts/10167583023582037?sfns=mo

    Keep the Faith👊
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Forged4ever said:
    Leaked footage that Coach B didn’t want ya to see🥴

    http://www.facebook.com/11971032036/posts/10167583023582037?sfns=mo

    Keep the Faith👊
    RP

    This doesn't link to anything other than Facebook's marketplace.

  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @MountainGoat said:

    In this video, Belichick tells the story of the first team meeting he held after taking over the Patriots. Someone he describes as a 'first rounder' from the previous year waltzed in late, and Bill threw him out. Do we know who that was? Damien Woody? Adrian Klemm? Someone else?

    Andy Katzenmoyer

  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 3:17pm #175

    @MountainGoat said:

    @Forged4ever said:
    Excellent vid~

    Bill quotes an excellent thought from General Eisenhower regarding plans and planning~

    I prefer Mike Tyson’s~

    “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

    Another great quote~

    “We have rules against our Players posting on Instantface” 😂😂😂

    This is goin to be a very interesting season, haha

    Stay well Gents👊
    RP

    In this video, Belichick tells the story of the first team meeting he held after taking over the Patriots. Someone he describes as a 'first rounder' from the previous year waltzed in late, and Bill threw him out. Do we know who that was? Damien Woody? Adrian Klemm? Someone else?

    Belichick’s first year was 1996 so that would have been Ty Law in ‘95 if his statement is accurate

    Ummmmmm, Scratch this, he came in as an Asst in ‘96😂😂

    MG is correct, though they had two picks that year, with Damion Woody being the other, though he was actually taken ahead of Katzenmoyer.

    If I was a betting man, I’d say that it was Woody🥴

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX

    @MountainGoat said:

    @Forged4ever said:
    Leaked footage that Coach B didn’t want ya to see🥴

    http://www.facebook.com/11971032036/posts/10167583023582037?sfns=mo

    Keep the Faith👊
    RP

    This doesn't link to anything other than Facebook's marketplace.

    Apologies as it was a hilarious vid and I’ll try to find it again

    All the Best,
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,794 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 3:45pm #177




    I just hit the link and it took me to the video...

    https://www.facebook.com/11971032036/posts/10167583023582037?sfns=mo

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 4:04pm #178

    @Forged4ever said:
    I just hit the link and it took me to the video...

    https://www.facebook.com/11971032036/posts/10167583023582037?sfns=mo

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    No accounting for Facebook. When I go to the same like, I just get their "marketplace". I guess it depends on how your account is set up and what your history is. I know I get entirely different feeds on my computer vs my cell phone vs my iPad. That makes no sense, but that's Facebook.

    Pats just traded away Demaryius Thomas figuring they didn't need him anymore. Might have moved too quickly on that one given AB's little problem!

  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @MountainGoat said:

    @Forged4ever said:
    I just hit the link and it took me to the video...

    https://www.facebook.com/11971032036/posts/10167583023582037?sfns=mo

    Cheers🍻
    RP

    No accounting for Facebook. When I go to the same like, I just get their "marketplace". I guess it depends on how your account is set up and what your history is. I know I get entirely different feeds on my computer vs my cell phone vs my iPad. That makes no sense, but that's Facebook.

    Pats just traded away Demaryius Thomas figuring they didn't need him anymore. Might have moved too quickly on that one given AB's little problem!

    Agree. AB's little problem aside thought it was way to fast anyhow, Definitely needed to wait some on that.

    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • DrOldSchoolDrOldSchool Noblesville, INMembers Posts: 530 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @touch said:

    @DrOldSchool said:
    No.

    That sentiment was meant for WRX member doctoro. I see how you could think it was you. Sorry didn't mean to confuse you.

    Meh, I was just trying to be funny.

    I always enjoy the rivalry weekend. Though it hasn't been much of one since the Redskins have mostly sucked for the last 20 years. Looking forward to whipping them again.

  • touchtouch Asheville, NCCharter Members Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 10:19pm #181
    TM M3 Tensei Blue 
    TM Rocketbalz Stage 2 17*
    Ping i20 fw 19* project X
    TM Jetspeed 22* hybrid Matrix
    TM SpeedBlade 5-pw  
    Ping Glide 2.0 --- 50, 56, and 60 all SS grind
    G. RIfe two bar mallet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file