2019 Pro V1

monks66monks66 Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never played the pro v1 because i didnt have the game for it, but I think the 2019 version has been tweeked to where a mid handi can play it and not be hurt by it. lower spin of driver and irons, but good wedge spin, I get the 5A Mints, so dont pay an arm and a leg for them, really like playing it, any thoughts?

Comments

• Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers Posts: 44 ✭✭

I think you’ll be fine with it as it’s a very balanced ball. I’ve been thinking of trying out the AVX. It apparently spins even less which could be beneficial.

• monks66monks66 Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ski5280 said:
    I think you’ll be fine with it as it’s a very balanced ball. I’ve been thinking of trying out the AVX. It apparently spins even less which could be beneficial.

I did play the AVX, great ball....just like the pro v1 better for holding greens

@Ski5280 said:

SO what ball do you currently play? pro v1?

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I recently put this ball into play. I must say I was surprised at how much I didn't like it. Here's the strange part...it was killing me on the short game. I was having trouble getting it to stop. Go figure. Maybe I had a counterfeit one... I like to stop higher chips. Ball wouldn't have none of that. Short pitches seemed to just explode off the face. Looking forward to teeing up the trusty Z Star this Saturday morning...

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Taylormade Spider blade
    Srixon Z Star

Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

• Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers Posts: 44 ✭✭

@monks66 said:

@Ski5280 said:

SO what ball do you currently play? pro v1?

I’ve been gaming the ProV1. I went ahead and tried the AVX yesterday though. The AVX performed really well for me off the tee and in the irons. The feel is a little different around the greens and the AVX didn’t seem to check up on pitches and chips as well as the ProV1 for me, but it was close enough that small adjustments could fix. I think they are both great balls, and I plan on giving the AVX a few more trials. I could definitely see myself putting the AVX in play on windy days since they claim to have slightly lesser spin. I’m curious to see what the head to head performance on those types of days will be like.

• BreezyBrett20BreezyBrett20 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

@BeerPerHole said:
    I recently put this ball into play. I must say I was surprised at how much I didn't like it. Here's the strange part...it was killing me on the short game. I was having trouble getting it to stop. Go figure. Maybe I had a counterfeit one... I like to stop higher chips. Ball wouldn't have none of that. Short pitches seemed to just explode off the face. Looking forward to teeing up the trusty Z Star this Saturday morning...

Gotta love the Z Star

• golfinrig24golfinrig24 Grande Prairie, ABMembers Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

I have been a z-star player for many gens of the ball. Was given trial packs from the Titleist rep of the AVX and ProV1. The AVX was very surprising the look of the ball was cool looked fast. The soft feel around the greens is what I am after. Flight on full shots with wedges and irons were great and had a great flight. Response on the green was unnoticeable in that aspect of lower spin. Only notice I had between the AVX and ProV1 was with driver AVX had a noticeable lower flight and had would almost drop out of the sky. the ProV1 just had a little more air under it that would give me a few more yards of carry.
    All in all the ProV1 is awesome and the AVX is right there I will be giving the future gens a try as they are released.
    As for now the Z-star stays in play (price is kings!)

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah...if I had to play Titleist I'd play the AVX. But, that's just me. I tend to hit the ball high and that ball seems to cooperate well with my swing.

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Taylormade Spider blade
    Srixon Z Star

Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

thanks guys for all your input

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights