2019 Pro V1

 monks66 ·  
monks66monks66  822WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 822
Joined:  in Golf Balls #1

I never played the pro v1 because i didnt have the game for it, but I think the 2019 version has been tweeked to where a mid handi can play it and not be hurt by it. lower spin of driver and irons, but good wedge spin, I get the 5A Mints, so dont pay an arm and a leg for them, really like playing it, any thoughts?

Posted:
«1
2

Comments

  • Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, CO 80WRX Points: 33Members Posts: 80
    Joined:  #2

    I think you’ll be fine with it as it’s a very balanced ball. I’ve been thinking of trying out the AVX. It apparently spins even less which could be beneficial.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • monks66monks66  822WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 822
    Joined:  #3

    On -, @Ski5280 said:

    I think you’ll be fine with it as it’s a very balanced ball. I’ve been thinking of trying out the AVX. It apparently spins even less which could be beneficial.

    I did play the AVX, great ball....just like the pro v1 better for holding greens

    Posted:
  • monks66monks66  822WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 822
    Joined:  #4

    On -, @Ski5280 said:

    I think you’ll be fine with it as it’s a very balanced ball. I’ve been thinking of trying out the AVX. It apparently spins even less which could be beneficial.

    SO what ball do you currently play? pro v1?

    Posted:
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole  1470WRX Points: 359Members Posts: 1,470
    Joined:  #5

    I recently put this ball into play. I must say I was surprised at how much I didn't like it. Here's the strange part...it was killing me on the short game. I was having trouble getting it to stop. Go figure. Maybe I had a counterfeit one... I like to stop higher chips. Ball wouldn't have none of that. Short pitches seemed to just explode off the face. Looking forward to teeing up the trusty Z Star this Saturday morning...

    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, CO 80WRX Points: 33Members Posts: 80
    Joined:  #6

    On -, @monks66 said:

    On -, @Ski5280 said:

    I think you’ll be fine with it as it’s a very balanced ball. I’ve been thinking of trying out the AVX. It apparently spins even less which could be beneficial.

    SO what ball do you currently play? pro v1?

    I’ve been gaming the ProV1. I went ahead and tried the AVX yesterday though. The AVX performed really well for me off the tee and in the irons. The feel is a little different around the greens and the AVX didn’t seem to check up on pitches and chips as well as the ProV1 for me, but it was close enough that small adjustments could fix. I think they are both great balls, and I plan on giving the AVX a few more trials. I could definitely see myself putting the AVX in play on windy days since they claim to have slightly lesser spin. I’m curious to see what the head to head performance on those types of days will be like.

    Posted:
  • BreezyBrett20BreezyBrett20  81WRX Points: 34Members Posts: 81
    Joined:  #7

    On -, @BeerPerHole said:

    I recently put this ball into play. I must say I was surprised at how much I didn't like it. Here's the strange part...it was killing me on the short game. I was having trouble getting it to stop. Go figure. Maybe I had a counterfeit one... I like to stop higher chips. Ball wouldn't have none of that. Short pitches seemed to just explode off the face. Looking forward to teeing up the trusty Z Star this Saturday morning...

    Gotta love the Z Star

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • golfinrig24golfinrig24 Grande Prairie, AB 118WRX Points: 85Members Posts: 118
    Joined:  #8

    I have been a z-star player for many gens of the ball. Was given trial packs from the Titleist rep of the AVX and ProV1. The AVX was very surprising the look of the ball was cool looked fast. The soft feel around the greens is what I am after. Flight on full shots with wedges and irons were great and had a great flight. Response on the green was unnoticeable in that aspect of lower spin. Only notice I had between the AVX and ProV1 was with driver AVX had a noticeable lower flight and had would almost drop out of the sky. the ProV1 just had a little more air under it that would give me a few more yards of carry.
    All in all the ProV1 is awesome and the AVX is right there I will be giving the future gens a try as they are released.
    As for now the Z-star stays in play (price is kings!)

    Posted:
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole  1470WRX Points: 359Members Posts: 1,470
    Joined:  #9

    Yeah...if I had to play Titleist I'd play the AVX. But, that's just me. I tend to hit the ball high and that ball seems to cooperate well with my swing.

    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • monks66monks66  822WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 822
    Joined:  #10

    thanks guys for all your input

    Posted:
  • james119james119  3WRX Points: 6Members Posts: 3
    Joined:  #11

    Monks, not sure what you mean not having the game for it. Everyone can play a Pro V1. Just a matter if they want to spend the money, which I get.

    I am not a long hitter but still use a Pro V1 for the way it responds to my wedges. Never found a ball as consistent. From 50 yards in I know exactly what it will do. If I did switch to something else, I would pick one ball and stay with it for the same reason...,to know exactly what it will do on a pitch shot.

    That is why I have never understood golfers who play a different ball every round. That works fine for full shots but I would think everyone would want to KNOW what their ball is going to do when they hit a 30 yard pitch.

    Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #12

    On -, @james119 said:

    That is why I have never understood golfers who play a different ball every round. That works fine for full shots but I would think everyone would want to KNOW what their ball is going to do when they hit a 30 yard pitch.

    I am as inconsistent as you'd expect from my 18.something handicap index but every time I settle in and use a single ball for a few months, it's amazing how much more often those fiddly little shots around the green end up close to the hole. I hit lots of short-game shots that are so skanky even a range ball wouldn't matter. But on the ones where I actually make good contact and hit the shot I want, it's remarkable how much more often they start finding their way close to the hole after I play maybe 50 rounds in a row with the same type ball.

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • monks66monks66  822WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 822
    Joined:  #13

    On -, @james119 said:

    Monks, not sure what you mean not having the game for it. Everyone can play a Pro V1. Just a matter if they want to spend the money, which I get.

    I am not a long hitter but still use a Pro V1 for the way it responds to my wedges. Never found a ball as consistent. From 50 yards in I know exactly what it will do. If I did switch to something else, I would pick one ball and stay with it for the same reason...,to know exactly what it will do on a pitch shot.

    That is why I have never understood golfers who play a different ball every round. That works fine for full shots but I would think everyone would want to KNOW what their ball is going to do when they hit a 30 yard pitch.

    i mean the pro v1 was high spinning on all shots from tee to green, but you are correct , they say you should pick a ball that you like from 50-100 yards in, the 2019 model has that lower spin off driver and long irons which makes me feel confident on those shots..

    Posted:
  • titleistektitleistek  76WRX Points: 36Handicap: 9Members Posts: 76
    Joined:  #14

    Agree with previous posts. Prov1 are great for all aspects of the game. AVX did not feel or stop as well for me around the green. But I think the price difference is minimal so just place with the pro v1.

    Posted:
  • b_teetb_teet Denver, CO 63WRX Points: 46Members Posts: 63
    Joined:  #15

    Glad to hear people are liking the AVX. Been curious to try it out but wanted to hear some feedback first. Might give them a try

    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 10.5
    Titleist TS2 15
    Titleist TS2 3H
    Callaway Apex 16
    Callaway Mackdaddy 3 50,55,60
    Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and Southwest 16291WRX Points: 683Handicap: Low-Mid SDMembers Posts: 16,291
    Joined:  #16

    You might consider the AVX, it's a good golf ball, better than Titleist Tour balls. Only it's too pricey for its profile. I tested AVX for a month to see what's what and found it was similar to ProV1 off my driver but didn't behave like ProV1 off irons and around fast greens. I have played ProV1x and now ProV1 for a long time, and not likely to change unless they come out with a better version. Can't imagine how Titleist could accomplish that though, least so it's noticeable.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Red 62 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Project X HZRDUS Red 75 6.0
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2 iron, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    Titleist 620 CB/MB 3i-PW, Steelfiber i110cw & i125cw "S"
    SM6 F-52*, Steelfiber i125cw "S"
    SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1 or ProV1X




  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @Pepperturbo said:

    You might consider the AVX, it's a good golf ball, better than Titleist Tour balls. Only it's too pricey for its profile. I tested AVX for a month to see what's what and found it was similar to ProV1 off my driver but didn't behave like ProV1 off irons and around fast greens. I have played ProV1x and now ProV1 for a long time, and not likely to change unless they come out with a better version. Can't imagine how Titleist could accomplish that though, least so it's noticeable.

    Hey, if Titleist could design a ball that out-ProV1's the ProV1 but still conforms with the Rules of Golf they'd release it tomorrow!

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 116Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    Joined:  #18

    I’ve swapped to the X for the first time ever. It definitely spins more around the greens now.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @Bye said:

    I’ve swapped to the X for the first time ever. It definitely spins more around the greens now.

    Pro V1x has been spinning more around the greens since at least 2013 (because it is a specific claim on the packaging starting in 2013), probably longer than that. Mostly likely since the 2009 version.

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 116Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    I’ve swapped to the X for the first time ever. It definitely spins more around the greens now.

    Pro V1x has been spinning more around the greens since at least 2013 (because it is a specific claim on the packaging starting in 2013), probably longer than that. Mostly likely since the 2009 version.

    You may well be right, I was under the impression that Titleist swapped things around with the 2017 ball with regards to spin. Personally I have found a difference with the most recent versions.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  edited Sep 12, 2019 #21

    On -, @Bye said:

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    I’ve swapped to the X for the first time ever. It definitely spins more around the greens now.

    Pro V1x has been spinning more around the greens since at least 2013 (because it is a specific claim on the packaging starting in 2013), probably longer than that. Mostly likely since the 2009 version.

    You may well be right, I was under the impression that Titleist swapped things around with the 2017 ball with regards to spin. Personally I have found a difference with the most recent versions.

    Yes, the Internet has been awash with that particular piece of incorrect information since the 2017 model first was announced. But if you look at the back of a 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 Pro V1 or Pro V1x box there is a little graphic comparing the two models. Since at least 2013 it has said the same thing, higher spin in the short game for Pro V1x.

    I've also seen Titleist press releases and marketing material concerning the 2009 and 2011 versions which implied a similar relationship but since I can't find an actual info-graphic like they added in 2013 I consider those to be "likely" rather than absolutely true.

    Your mileage may vary. But from Titleist's point of view they didn't "switch" anything. As far as I can suss out, it was remarks from a Titleist product manager saying that some Tour pros formerly playing Pro V1x had "switched" to Pro V1 starting with the 2017 version. That was the year they claim to have eliminated the small previous yardage difference between V1 and V1x as well as making them more similar in spin than they had been previously. But the ball characteristics did not "switch", that's entirely an internet and social media meme.

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 116Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    I’ve swapped to the X for the first time ever. It definitely spins more around the greens now.

    Pro V1x has been spinning more around the greens since at least 2013 (because it is a specific claim on the packaging starting in 2013), probably longer than that. Mostly likely since the 2009 version.

    You may well be right, I was under the impression that Titleist swapped things around with the 2017 ball with regards to spin. Personally I have found a difference with the most recent versions.

    Yes, the Internet has been awash with that particular piece of incorrect information since the 2017 model first was announced. But if you look at the back of a 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 Pro V1 or Pro V1x box there is a little graphic comparing the two models. Since at least 2013 it has said the same thing, higher spin in the short game for Pro V1x.

    I've also seen Titleist press releases and marketing material concerning the 2009 and 2011 versions which implied a similar relationship but since I can't find an actual info-graphic like they added in 2013 I consider those to be "likely" rather than absolutely true.

    Your mileage may vary. But from Titleist's point of view they didn't "switch" anything. As far as I can suss out, it was remarks from a Titleist product manager saying that some Tour pros formerly playing Pro V1x had "switched" to Pro V1 starting with the 2017 version. That was the year they claim to have eliminated the small previous yardage difference between V1 and V1x as well as making them more similar in spin than they had been previously. But the ball characteristics did not "switch", that's entirely an internet and social media meme.

    I think Titleist dropped the ball (pardon the pun) with their marketing around the ball characteristics in recent years. Below is the article I read which prompted me to try the new version.

    https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html

    It may not be accurate, I think Titleist managed to confuse most people on which ball does what.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #23

    On -, @Bye said:

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    I’ve swapped to the X for the first time ever. It definitely spins more around the greens now.

    Pro V1x has been spinning more around the greens since at least 2013 (because it is a specific claim on the packaging starting in 2013), probably longer than that. Mostly likely since the 2009 version.

    You may well be right, I was under the impression that Titleist swapped things around with the 2017 ball with regards to spin. Personally I have found a difference with the most recent versions.

    Yes, the Internet has been awash with that particular piece of incorrect information since the 2017 model first was announced. But if you look at the back of a 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 Pro V1 or Pro V1x box there is a little graphic comparing the two models. Since at least 2013 it has said the same thing, higher spin in the short game for Pro V1x.

    I've also seen Titleist press releases and marketing material concerning the 2009 and 2011 versions which implied a similar relationship but since I can't find an actual info-graphic like they added in 2013 I consider those to be "likely" rather than absolutely true.

    Your mileage may vary. But from Titleist's point of view they didn't "switch" anything. As far as I can suss out, it was remarks from a Titleist product manager saying that some Tour pros formerly playing Pro V1x had "switched" to Pro V1 starting with the 2017 version. That was the year they claim to have eliminated the small previous yardage difference between V1 and V1x as well as making them more similar in spin than they had been previously. But the ball characteristics did not "switch", that's entirely an internet and social media meme.

    I think Titleist dropped the ball (pardon the pun) with their marketing around the ball characteristics in recent years. Below is the article I read which prompted me to try the new version.

    https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html

    It may not be accurate, I think Titleist managed to confuse most people on which ball does what.

    I saw that article at the time. Which is why I went back and looked at the 2013 and 2015 boxes (which I had on my shelf a couple years ago). Not sure why they say one thing in press releases and print the opposite on the box the balls come in. I assumed they were being misquoted or wrongly paraphrased in the article. Maybe they were just flat-out lying on the boxes, although I can't imagine why they would.

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 116Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    On -, @North Butte said:

    On -, @Bye said:

    I’ve swapped to the X for the first time ever. It definitely spins more around the greens now.

    Pro V1x has been spinning more around the greens since at least 2013 (because it is a specific claim on the packaging starting in 2013), probably longer than that. Mostly likely since the 2009 version.

    You may well be right, I was under the impression that Titleist swapped things around with the 2017 ball with regards to spin. Personally I have found a difference with the most recent versions.

    Yes, the Internet has been awash with that particular piece of incorrect information since the 2017 model first was announced. But if you look at the back of a 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 Pro V1 or Pro V1x box there is a little graphic comparing the two models. Since at least 2013 it has said the same thing, higher spin in the short game for Pro V1x.

    I've also seen Titleist press releases and marketing material concerning the 2009 and 2011 versions which implied a similar relationship but since I can't find an actual info-graphic like they added in 2013 I consider those to be "likely" rather than absolutely true.

    Your mileage may vary. But from Titleist's point of view they didn't "switch" anything. As far as I can suss out, it was remarks from a Titleist product manager saying that some Tour pros formerly playing Pro V1x had "switched" to Pro V1 starting with the 2017 version. That was the year they claim to have eliminated the small previous yardage difference between V1 and V1x as well as making them more similar in spin than they had been previously. But the ball characteristics did not "switch", that's entirely an internet and social media meme.

    I think Titleist dropped the ball (pardon the pun) with their marketing around the ball characteristics in recent years. Below is the article I read which prompted me to try the new version.

    https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html

    It may not be accurate, I think Titleist managed to confuse most people on which ball does what.

    I saw that article at the time. Which is why I went back and looked at the 2013 and 2015 boxes (which I had on my shelf a couple years ago). Not sure why they say one thing in press releases and print the opposite on the box the balls come in. I assumed they were being misquoted or wrongly paraphrased in the article. Maybe they were just flat-out lying on the boxes, although I can't imagine why they would.

    Lol, I’ve just found some of the sales blurb from the 2015 version. It makes you wonder what they were up to if the boxes have something completely different printed on them.

    https://golfsupport.com/golf-balls/premium-golf-balls/titleist-prov1-golf-balls

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #25

    The "low spin" was IIRC, in the back-of-box infographic, said Pro V1x was "Long-game spin: Lower".

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • monks66monks66  822WRX Points: 91Members Posts: 822
    Joined:  #26

    so, can it be said that the 2019 pro v1 is low spin off driver and long irons? I know it has good spin around green.. this is confusing with these balls.

    Posted:
  • ByeBye England 1359WRX Points: 116Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 1,359
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @monks66 said:

    so, can it be said that the 2019 pro v1 is low spin off driver and long irons? I know it has good spin around green.. this is confusing with these balls.

    Yes.

    The V is now the low launch/lower spin version and the X is high launch/ higher spin + firmer feel.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 816 H2 20 degrees - Aldila Rogue Black 85X
    Titleist 716CB 4-9 - X100
    Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
    Titleist Pro V1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #28

    All modern balls are designed for low driver spin. >

    On -, @monks66 said:

    so, can it be said that the 2019 pro v1 is low spin off driver and long irons? I know it has good spin around green.. this is confusing with these balls.

    To minimize confusion, the easiest thing is just to take Titleist's word for it as written right on the box.

    FEEL
    V Softer <<>> X Soft

    FlIGHT
    V Mid <<>> X High

    LONG GAME SPIN
    V Low <<>> X Low

    IRON SPIN
    V Less <<>> X More

    SHORT GAME SPIN
    V High <<>> X Higher

    So regardless of previous history, what you might hear from other golfers, etc. that right there lays out Titleiest's design specifications fo each ball now in 2019. If you experience something different, you must have a very strange swing.

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10800WRX Points: 648Members Posts: 10,800
    Joined:  #29

    Is it just me or is this ball a little softer off the putter than recent models?

    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • alephaleph  212WRX Points: 60Handicap: 6-7Members Posts: 212
    Joined:  #30

    I can't really tell the difference between the 2019 Pro V1 and V1x, now that they've switched it around somewhat and the V1x is now the highest spin ball and the V1 is mid-launch mid-spin, AVX low-low (am I getting that right?). I've been playing multiple balls this summer when nobody's on the course and definitely prefer both to the TP5X and AVX which do not spin enough for me from 6i up, though TP5X and AVX carry 5 or so more yards than expected.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741WRX Points: 1,540Members Posts: 11,741
    Joined:  #31

    On -, @aleph said:

    I can't really tell the difference between the 2019 Pro V1 and V1x, now that they've switched it around somewhat and the V1x is now the highest spin ball and the V1 is mid-launch mid-spin, AVX low-low (am I getting that right?). I've been playing multiple balls this summer when nobody's on the course and definitely prefer both to the TP5X and AVX which do not spin enough for me from 6i up, though TP5X and AVX carry 5 or so more yards than expected.

    Pro V1x has the highest trajectory and highest iron and wedge spin.

    Pro V1 has a "boring" trajectory and similar but slightly lower iron and wedge spin than Pro V1x.

    AVX has the lowest trajectory and lowest iron and wedge spin of any Titleist urethane ball.

    There will be a special order "Left Dash Pro V1x" available soon which has the high trajectory of the regular Pro V1x but with lower spin, although not as low spin as AVX.

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.