So **** is feeling it...

jadams13jadams13 Poulsbo, WAMembers Posts: 44 ✭✭

I dont know how many on here pay attention, but **** is feeling the heat on the social media platforms. Lots of accusations being thrown their way, and I gotta say, I'm not surprised. Anyone else head over there from time to time? I do on occasion, and I gotta say, not super impressed.

Comments

• Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 3, 2019 3:58pm #2

@jadams13 said:
    I dont know how many on here pay attention, but **** is feeling the heat on the social media platforms. Lots of accusations being thrown their way, and I gotta say, I'm not surprised. Anyone else head over there from time to time? I do on occasion, and I gotta say, not super impressed.

Huh?

• FadeFade Members Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 3, 2019 3:56pm #3

&&&& and #### are feeling it as well.

• jadams13jadams13 Poulsbo, WAMembers Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited Aug 3, 2019 4:06pm #4

Another golf site that prides themselves on being unbiased in their testing. The forum filters here wont let you type out their name or even the initials.

They came out a few days ago with a Speaker Review. People saw that Ampcaddy wasnt included, and next thing you know, the website in question is calling out Instagram 'golf influencers' and throwing all sorts of shade.

@Im_A_Savage said:
    The best golf speakers of 2019 are nothing. I wish they were banned from golf courses.

I don't completely disagree. But sometimes, a little music is alright. It's when you can hear another group around you, is when it's a problem.

• Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They need to do a loud and obnoxious playing group review..

@Mr. Grumpy said:
    They need to do a loud and obnoxious playing group review..

And allow everyone to give them '2 Thumbs Down'

• dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know what’s happening but any review about golf speakers needs to end up plugged under the road hole bunker lip forever.

WITB 29JUL2019
    • Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • shopping for this gap...
    • CB3 4-G 
    • PM Grind '19 54/60/64
    • Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jadams13 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:
    The best golf speakers of 2019 are nothing. I wish they were banned from golf courses.

I don't completely disagree. But sometimes, a little music is alright. It's when you can hear another group around you, is when it's a problem.

They make earbuds so people can listen to their own music and not subject other people to it.

• DFS PFDDFS PFD Members Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can't speak to the "speaker" reviews, but their rating metrics change every year so it's impossible to follow the "unbiased" nature of their testing if the goal posts constantly move.

Epic Flash SZ 9* TD  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    TOULON Garage Atlanta

@DFS PFD said:
    Can't speak to the "speaker" reviews, but their rating metrics change every year so it's impossible to follow the "unbiased" nature of their testing if the goal posts constantly move.

More to my point I was trying to make before it turned into a speaker thread. They can't seem to keep their tests consistent.

• tmac7592tmac7592 Members Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Im_A_Savage said:

I would love to play my music for you any day. Bet you’re fun at parties lol

Nike Dymo 380 WB 83
    Nike Dymo low profile WB 83
    Titleist 712U 2 iron/ 585.h 19 v2 100
    Titleist 680 Satin 3-PW TTDG
    SM6 Copper 54,58 TTDG
    Scotty Cameron Centershaft Proto
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tmac7592 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:

Parties = love music
    Golf = no music

Back to discussing that nameless golf site.

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,537 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I do not really go by tests ran by that site or any other one even though I am a member over there too----- I will value the opinion of like say members I know over here on WRX and even on the other site. Mostly for me I have to see in person and try for myself

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:

Parties = love music
    Golf = no music

Your golf doesn’t have to have music but golf can and should have music if people enjoy it. This is a game not a job. If it gets More people to have fun, play and help grow the game than it’s an asset. Anyone who doesn’t see that is a major part of why golf struggles with its image

Nike Dymo 380 WB 83
    SM6 Copper 54,58 TTDG
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jadams13 said:

@DFS PFD said:

More to my point I was trying to make before it turned into a speaker thread. They can't seem to keep their tests consistent.

From interactions with their fearless leader, nothing would surprise me. Like so many moron golfers he claimed PXG was the greatest thing in the world without even touching a club. He was simply a Parsons fanboy and made that clear and followed up with a "scew you all if you don't like it" in a sad attempt to emulate Bobby and cover for his obvious paid advertisement. He's a charleton and a punk.

• tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tmac7592 said:

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:

Parties = love music
    Golf = no music

Your golf doesn’t have to have music but golf can and should have music if people enjoy it. This is a game not a job. If it gets More people to have fun, play and help grow the game than it’s an asset. Anyone who doesn’t see that is a major part of why golf struggles with its image

And there lies the problem ... I've got no issue with people listening to tunes while golfing. But if I'm trying to putt on on #7, and I can hear you blasting Shania on your GolfAmp3000 on #12 tee box, my golf now includes your music. And courses can't regulate pace of play or proper care of divots and pitch marks, I doubt they're going to do much about volume control ... Which is a problem in my neck of the woods.

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Shrewd. They’re being talked about on multiple platforms getting so many views on their site, people arguing both for and against them. That kind of attention is priceless

Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Stanks said:
    They had a heck of a day getting ripped to shreds on the old instagram today. It seems as though the owners or people that run their accounts are being confrontational to anyone challenging their inputs and blocking them on the gram. I was following them
    But can’t find them anymore so I think that means they deactivated their account or blocked me.
    I personally always find these tests and this research very subjective. Anything involving a rating or grading can be torn to shreds with challenges. Nothing is absolute or scientific and variables always change. But I do, still do, presently do, enjoy reading the content. The golf ball test was a fun read. It would suck if this company fails on account of stupid marketing and the inability to handle challenges from its own community.

Account is still active on IG. They posted 2 days ago which was after the “social influencer” post. They have some good content, but some of it gets bogged down so much with numbers it’s like they are screaming we are smarter than you so you must take what we say as 100% truth.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2

TM TP5 Pix
  • FaReal87FaReal87 MAMembers Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:

Parties = love music
    Golf = no music

And there lies the problem ... I've got no issue with people listening to tunes while golfing. But if I'm trying to putt on on #7, and I can hear you blasting Shania on your GolfAmp3000 on #12 tee box, my golf now includes your music. And courses can't regulate pace of play or proper care of divots and pitch marks, I doubt they're going to do much about volume control ... Which is a problem in my neck of the woods.

Fair point. If music is being used I feel like it shouldn’t carry more than 10yards. However, hearing Shania (awful choice IMO 😏) isn’t anymore distracting to the guy yelling after he made a long putt.

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:

Parties = love music
    Golf = no music

@shakey said:

@Stanks said:
    They had a heck of a day getting ripped to shreds on the old instagram today. It seems as though the owners or people that run their accounts are being confrontational to anyone challenging their inputs and blocking them on the gram. I was following them
    But can’t find them anymore so I think that means they deactivated their account or blocked me.
    I personally always find these tests and this research very subjective. Anything involving a rating or grading can be torn to shreds with challenges. Nothing is absolute or scientific and variables always change. But I do, still do, presently do, enjoy reading the content. The golf ball test was a fun read. It would suck if this company fails on account of stupid marketing and the inability to handle challenges from its own community.

Account is still active on IG. They posted 2 days ago which was after the “social influencer” post. They have some good content, but some of it gets bogged down so much with numbers it’s like they are screaming we are smarter than you so you must take what we say as 100% truth.

Wait, using numbers is a negative thing? That’s not saying “we’re smarter than you”, that’s them using objective data to back claims.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway Rogue 3-wood
    Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW
    Vokey RAW SM5 52F,56S, SM7 60K.12
    TaylorMade Spider (black)
  • hwwonghwwong Members Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 4, 2019 1:20pm #24

I was kind of impressed when I first stumbled on all the club data/testing they did. #finditcutit also got my attention. But they take themselves entirely way too seriously, and have a poor attitude in my opinion. Most importantly, you can't be completely unbiased when you have advertisers on your site.

Taylormade M3 10.5 - Diamana Tensei Blue Pro 60 TX
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 - Diamana Tensei White Pro 70 TX
    Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 TX
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 4-PW - C-Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50,55,60 - C-Taper 125 S+
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Pro V1X

• nealkbnealkb Members Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭

I wish I knew which site this was lol

White R1 Graffaloy Bimatrix Pink Stiff
    XHOT Pro 3W
    XHOT Pro 3h XHOT (4-5H)
    6-A XHot w SpeedStep 85 Stiff
    MP-4 54 +58, SM-4 64
    Scotty
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,921 ClubWRX

The problem with music on the golf course is those who play music, and think they keep it low enough so no one else can hear it, really have no clue how loud their music really is. Sounds travels very well in wide open spaces.

PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    TaylorMade M1 15* Tour Issue - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Diamana S+ 80X
    Callaway X-Forged 4-P - DGTI 120 S400
    Callaway MD4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Machine M1A
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Like anything there are rarely absolutes. They do some good research but take it with a grain of salt and dig deep into the data. YMMV.

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • tomuch23tomuch23 WIMembers Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got blocked a couple years ago for simply mentioning that the Ksig hype started over at golfwrx before their "break the internet prov1 vs Ksig test post". Had a 1000 post thread over here already but they claimed to be the reason for all the hype. It's all I mentioned and have been blocked ever since. They do not like to be challenged over anything, is considered a insult to their intelligence.

Srixon Z785 9.5° HC PX HAZ RED 65
    Srixon F85 15° HC PX HAZ YELLOW 75
    Srixon H85 19°/22° PX HAZ BLACK 85
    Srixon Z585 5i-Aw KBS TOUR 90
    Cleveland Cbx 54°/58° DYN GOLD 115
    Cleveland HB Soft #8.5
    Srixon Z Star/Q Star Tour, TM TP5 
    Ogio Silencer
  • mukstermukster The secret IS in the dirt North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tmac7592 said:

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:

Parties = love music
    Golf = no music

Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Cobra Baffler Rail H 17* hybrid, 
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter

@mukster said:

@tmac7592 said:

@tatertot said:

@tmac7592 said:

@Im_A_Savage said:

Parties = love music
    Golf = no music

When my opinion and facts line up>>>>someone thinking they have a funny meme

Nike Dymo 380 WB 83
    SM6 Copper 54,58 TTDG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file