Made a 1 footer on 18 for bogey and a 79 (first time breaking 80)... what are your milestones?

13»

Comments

• NiceParDavidNiceParDavid Members  13WRX Points: 23Handicap: 8.5Posts: 13 Bunkers

Really one of the only times I remember being nervous on the course was my first time breaking 80. All my shots on 18 were super conservative and timid. I was barely able to two-putt from 10 feet (for bogey).

I think my last putt was about 3 feet and I remember thinking I was going to miss!

Posted:
    Titleist 910 D3 Diamana White 73 X (44")
    Nike Vr Pro limited 3 wood Speeder 661 TS Stiff tipped .50" (42")
    Titleist 913h 19 degree Diamana 92x (40.25)
    Mizuno MP 30 4-PW (-1")
    Vokey 54.08, 60.07
    Adams A7 64 putter (extra 15-20g lead tape)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • C6 SnowboarderC6 Snowboarder Members  111WRX Points: 58Handicap: 6.6Posts: 111 Fairways

A memorable moment in Dec - at Newcastle I got a 155 yard Hole in One in competition... that milestone was my 8 1/2 Hole in One. I say 1/2 cuz on a Par 3 one day I pushed my Tee Shot into a very long grass near an OB line. So I Re-Tee'd - that Provisional went into the hole. I did not go look for my 1st ball since I am not required to do so.

Posted:

14 Clubs - Good ones

• CanaryKidCanaryKid Members  49WRX Points: 28Handicap: 24.6Posts: 49 Bunkers

Last year, on a course I hadn’t played before, I birdied the stroke index 1 hole ... given that I got two shots on that hole, I scored my only ever stableford 5 pointer. Still awaiting my first eagle or ace though.

Posted:
    Slinfold Golf and Country Club (UK)
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers  584WRX Points: 238Handicap: 8Posts: 584 Golden Tee

One day I was playing a brand new Bridgestone ball that had this anti-scratch surface. It was one of those club tournaments where different holes had different things, like if you were within 10 feet they would give you the putt, that kind of thing. There was a guy standing on the green that provided that service, tossing your ball back to you. My second shot ended up in the trap, and so I came out of the trap, the ball came out very high and landed on the back of the green and zipped like 20 feet back towards the flag and stopped about a foot from the hole, and the guy is like oh my God, and he picks up the ball and he says you took the skin off the ball and I looked at it, and it was all peeled, he said you need to send that back to Bridgestone, What exactly did they mean by non-stuff scratch LOL.

Posted:
    I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.