George Gankas Online Coaching

Was contemplating signing up for GG's online coaching service thru his website https://georgegankas.golf/ but am not 100% on what he's offering. I see the matchups, stats, etc but there's not a whole lot else. If anyone with more knowledge than me could chime in that would be fantastic!

Taylormade M1 10.5°
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titles 716 TMB 2 Iron
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW 2° up

Mizzy 50°, 55°, 60° T7
Scotty Cameron Newport

m.n.

Comments

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Haven’t looked into it but from what I’ve seen in his social media push about it there will be some sort of teaching section that is setup like a course. You progress thru the videos like an online course, also think there is a tips section for dealing with faults.

• Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.
    Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

Confusing

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Swisstrader98 said:
    I had the same reaction. Was all set to sign up but couldn’t figure out what I was buying.
    Then thought oh, it’s a bunch of videos layed out in a more structured manner than all the videos he already has out there. Then I’m thinking why buy the cow if I can get the milk for free?? Meaning a bunch of his videos are already available, so back to the original question of what am I getting as a subscriber.

Confusing

Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see

• Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GoGoErky said:

@Swisstrader98 said:

Confusing

Not having seen the actual content I would imagine what he is presenting in the videos is more detailed than what he has on social media and YouTube. Some of the free clips I’ve seen from his previous site were without any students in them. I also don’t know how much detailed the free stuff he has out there gets and how much of that carries over. It can’t hurt to pay for a month to see

Can't pay for just one month and see, it's a yearly subscription.

• lsu_justinlsu_justin Geaux Tigers! Members Posts: 670 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's monthly subscription for $50. $40 if you were a member from the old site, with a promo code he'll send you.

@lsu_justin said:
    There's monthly subscription for $50. $40 if you were a member from the old site, with a promo code he'll send you.

actually from what I gathered it's a year long contract basically and either pay monthly or yearly, cheaper if you go yearly. You are able to freeze for up to three months without paying though.

• ezpzezpz Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭

Was interested in his site as well, but agree that shelling out 500 without knowing what I'm buying doesn't seem like the greatest decision.

• airjammerairjammer Members Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We will see if he offers a free trial after a period of time. I’m curious if he has anything legitimately new or just repackaged “old” site material.

I’m still don’t buy “be your own coach” from him. Before he got crazy popular his students seemed to on his feed weekly...don’t tell me you are going to teach me to be my own coach remotely for $500 a year when very few if any of your in person players seem to be able to do it🤷🏼‍♂️

• ibradleyibradley Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 9, 2019 4:27am #10

I joined. I think it’s great. It’s broken into modules that you need to take in order to advance to the next. There are quizzes after each section. I spent about 3 hours on it tonight. Addicting!

• kro88kro88 Members Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

@ibradley said:
    I joined. I think it’s great. It’s broken into modules that you need to take in order to advance to the next. There are quizzes after each section. I spent about 3 hours on it tonight. Addicting!

keep us updated, its really tempting to go down this rabbit hole as well, but I have a guy that teaches me, and I don't want to get muddled with conflicting thoughts

Bag of tricks - in Mackenzie Walker
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 10 +1 w/Fuji Speeder 661 Evo IV X
    Wood: Titleist 913 F2 19 w/Diamana S+ Blue 72s
    Irons: Miura CB-1957 w/KBS Tour Stiff 3iron -1 flat, Miura 1957 Baby Blades w/KBS Tour Stiff 4-PW -1 flat
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design V grind oil can 54 - 2 flt -1 wk w/KBS 610, Titleist Vokey Design Low Bounc K oil can 60 -2 flt w/KBS Hi-rev, Taylormade Hi-Toe 64 w/KBS Hi-Rev
    Putter: Mizuno TPM3 33.5 Inches, w tungsten powder in hosel, SS 3.0 grip
    Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X
  • gators78gators78 ClubWRX Posts: 3,951 ClubWRX

@ibradley said:

How much material is there?

G400 Max
    M2 3W, Hybrid
    Arias
    SM7s
    Sigma 2, Tyne 4

@gators78 said:

@ibradley said:

How much material is there?

There is an incredible amount of material. Hours and hours so far with more content that hasn't been unlocked. You will totally understand his teaching. He also explains match ups very well so you don't have to copy his baseline swing if you don't want to.

@kro88 said:

@ibradley said:

keep us updated, its really tempting to go down this rabbit hole as well, but I have a guy that teaches me, and I don't want to get muddled with conflicting thoughts

Getting muddled is definitely a worry. He does a pretty good job of explaining all the different moves you can make and how to make sure you match it up so its effective.

@airjammer said:
    We will see if he offers a free trial after a period of time. I’m curious if he has anything legitimately new or just repackaged “old” site material.

I’m still don’t buy “be your own coach” from him. Before he got crazy popular his students seemed to on his feed weekly...don’t tell me you are going to teach me to be my own coach remotely for $500 a year when very few if any of your in person players seem to be able to do it🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm not sure if its possible to learn online either. If it is though I think GG has found the formula. There is an incredible amount of detailed and easy to follow content. It is broken down into modules for easy reference. You can ask questions if you don't understand. You can post your swing and get feedback. There are forums for discussion. A lot of thought has gone into his site.

@Redjeep83 said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Swisstrader98 said:

Confusing

Not accurate. You can cancel at any time. You only pay month to month. Also, if you want to work on something for a few months you can freeze your account for 3 months and start back up.

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 20,083 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought he was having some issues with the company that was managing the payment process. Did that get sorted out?

Titleist 915D3 9.5
    Titleist 917Fd @ 14.25
    Mizuno Clk 19, 22
    Titleist 716mb 4-Pw
    Vokey SM7 52, 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 8
    Titleist ProV1

@MadGolfer76 said:
    I thought he was having some issues with the company that was managing the payment process. Did that get sorted out?

They had some troubles with he site the first day but all seems great now.

@ibradley said:

@Redjeep83 said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Swisstrader98 said:

Confusing

Not accurate. You can cancel at any time. You only pay month to month. Also, if you want to work on something for a few months you can freeze your account for 3 months and start back up.

Ok, what does this mean then, straight from the q and a and doesn't say yearly program only.

"During the initial 12 month program you are free to freeze your membership for up to three months a time no charge. After the program you are free to cancel your subscription on your own terms"

@Redjeep83 said:

@ibradley said:

@Redjeep83 said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Swisstrader98 said:

Confusing

Ok, what does this mean then, straight from the q and a and doesn't say yearly program only.

"During the initial 12 month program you are free to freeze your membership for up to three months a time no charge. After the program you are free to cancel your subscription on your own terms"

Hmm. That's interesting. When I log into my account I have a big button to freeze my account and a big button to cancel. I'll contact support and see if I can cancel earlier than 12 months.

• QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lsu_justin said:

I am interested in moving over to the new site. How do I get the promo code? I emailed the new site - and heard nothing back.

Cobra F9 9* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 12.4* w/ Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70X (42.5")
    Cobra F8+ 4-5W @ 16* w/ Even Flow White 6.5 (42")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 19* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon U65 23* w/ Matrix Black Tie HM3 Stiff
    Ping i500 6-UW w/ KBS TGI 100 (softstepped)
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & PM-Grind 2019 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock

@ibradley said:

@Redjeep83 said:

@ibradley said:

@Redjeep83 said:

@GoGoErky said:

@Swisstrader98 said:

Confusing

Hmm. That's interesting. When I log into my account I have a big button to freeze my account and a big button to cancel. I'll contact support and see if I can cancel earlier than 12 months.

I just checked with their support and they told me it's a yearly program whether you pay monthly or yearly, meaning you can't just cancel anytime only freeze up to 3 months like I said. They did the 3 month freeze thing for people who have short seasons due to winter

• hankmoodyhankmoody Title Member Members Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Love George and his teaching, and was a member of the old site. I think I am going to wait for a while to see if this venture continues with his energy, appropriate customer support, etc. The manner in which he left the old swingtips site and the difficulties I had in cancelling give me pause. I'm rooting for him though, and I hope this has legs.

M6 10.5
    M4 3W & 19 H
    816h 21
    Titleist C16 5-AW
    SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
    Newport 2.5
    Chrome Soft/ERC Soft
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,115 ClubWRX

The new site is quite in-depth, much more so than I remember at the old site.
    Level 1 includes:

• Foundations
    • Full Swing Pt. 1
    • Full Swing Pt. 2
    • FORUM
    • Full Swing Pt. 3
    • VLOG + Articles
    • Chipping
    • Pitching
    • Sand + Flop
    • Putting
    • Faults & Fixes: Full Swing
    • Faults & Fixes: Chip + Pitch
    • Faults & Fixes: Bunker
    • Faults & Fixes: Putting
      There are 3 Levels.

Just to show how extensive each section is, here is just FOUNDATIONS' Table of Contents:

Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • QwiklapQwiklap An aspiring hacker ... Members Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭✭

@QMany said:
    The new site is quite in-depth, much more so than I remember at the old site.
    Level 1 includes:

• Foundations
    • Full Swing Pt. 1
    • Full Swing Pt. 2
    • FORUM
    • Full Swing Pt. 3
    • VLOG + Articles
    • Chipping
    • Pitching
    • Sand + Flop
    • Putting
    • Faults & Fixes: Full Swing
    • Faults & Fixes: Chip + Pitch
    • Faults & Fixes: Bunker
    • Faults & Fixes: Putting
      There are 3 Levels.

Just to show how extensive each section is, here is just FOUNDATIONS' Table of Contents:

Would you say are are satisfied with the purchase/commitment?

Cobra F9 9* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX (44.5")
    Ping G400 3W Stretch @ 12.4* w/ Aldila Xtorsion Copper 70X (42.5")
    Cobra F8+ 4-5W @ 16* w/ Even Flow White 6.5 (42")
    Cobra F7 2-3h @ 19* w/ VA Composites Raijin 84 hybrid four
    Srixon U65 23* w/ Matrix Black Tie HM3 Stiff
    Ping i500 6-UW w/ KBS TGI 100 (softstepped)
    Callaway MD PM-Grind 56* & PM-Grind 2019 60*
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2 Arm Lock
  • stlouismarkstlouismark Members Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

• ZitlowZitlow Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 15, 2019 1:03am #27

GG teaches an elaborate, high maintenance motion but if works for people then why not go for it.

• J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@stlouismark said:
    I like GG a lot although I’m not sure I love his “stock” swing he teaches.....hands way inside, shaft way steep and across the line at top, a slight over the top move from the inside......maybe I’m wrong in that he doesn’t teach this specifically but he swings like that himself, as does his boy Johnny Ruiz....who is kind of a clown imo.

GG doesn't have a stock swing, in fact the whole basis of his teaching is there is no such thing as one swing fits all. He works on what players have naturally and creates match ups to get the most out of it.

Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • gators78gators78 ClubWRX Posts: 3,951 ClubWRX

I subscribed, there is a TON of information, they did a really good job of the site.
    I also agree above, I thought his stock swing was the Ruiz/Wolff model but that's not true at all, you can go a couple different ways so long as you build the matchups for a few key fundamentals. He is really, really big on a full complete turn, the Ruiz model more or less guarantees you have full turn, although he acknowledges there are some other things they need to do so it's all tied together.

G400 Max
    M2 3W, Hybrid
    Arias
    SM7s
    Sigma 2, Tyne 4
  • jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gators78 said:
    I subscribed, there is a TON of information, they did a really good job of the site.
    I also agree above, I thought his stock swing was the Ruiz/Wolff model but that's not true at all, you can go a couple different ways so long as you build the matchups for a few key fundamentals. He is really, really big on a full complete turn, the Ruiz model more or less guarantees you have full turn, although he acknowledges there are some other things they need to do so it's all tied together.

Great post. Especially the last sentence.

PXG 0811X 
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PXG 0211 5-LW
    PXG Bat Attack H 
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • jonramzjonramz Members Posts: 1

If you liked his previous stuff, you will like his new site. Very very detailed, definitely did a good job on it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the wait on the different modules if you signed up to pay monthly (like I did). Not sure if you paid for the year up front if you get access to everything right away

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file