Subscription boxes

Brandons68 ·  
Brandons68Brandons68 Members  96WRX Points: 31Posts: 96 Fairways

Is anyone subscribed to any good golf subscription boxes (other than short par 4). Looking for something fresh and new.

Thanks!

Posted:

Comments

• buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members  78WRX Points: 27Handicap: 2Posts: 78 Fairways

All subscription boxes are a rip. Just go buy what you want...

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • coho10coho10 Members  127WRX Points: 73Posts: 127 Fairways

All subscription boxes are a rip. Just go buy what you want...

Agree 100000%. I've tried several and they're all a disappointment, even after trying to hone my style and preferences.

Posted:
  • JRS1939JRS1939 Members  274WRX Points: 145Posts: 274 Greens

Not to change the subject much here but did you guys see the Nike kids shoe subscription they launched this weekend

Posted:
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members  804WRX Points: 150Posts: 804 Golden Tee

I do golf locker - its fine, I guess. They have a liberal return policy and they definitely send me stuff I wouldn't try out in the store, or we don't have around here. No real complaints.

Posted:
  • buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members  78WRX Points: 27Handicap: 2Posts: 78 Fairways

On -, @JRS1939 said:

Not to change the subject much here but did you guys see the Nike kids shoe subscription they launched this weekend

Lol, yes. Don’t get it. At those price points, it’s not a deal for anyone. If you’re hooking people on a subscription, at least give them a 20-40% discount. By not going through retailers their margins are probably 80% on those shoes...

Posted:

On -, @jmkenn0 said:

I do golf locker - its fine, I guess. They have a liberal return policy and they definitely send me stuff I wouldn't try out in the store, or we don't have around here. No real complaints.

Guess it makes sense if you’re not close to a bunch of golf stores and clubs.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members  804WRX Points: 150Posts: 804 Golden Tee

On -, @jmkenn0 said:

Guess it makes sense if you’re not close to a bunch of golf stores and clubs.

Yeah, midwest, we get the usual Dicks/Golf Galaxy/etc. Plus I generally try to go "logo-free" so that takes out my club. And I don't really have the time or inclination to go shopping for golf clothes. So basically if you live in the midwest, have a closet full of clothes from your club, and are lazy/busy, it might be for you? Not exactly a ringing endorsement I know.
    I will say that shorts/pants are generally in short supply, even at most clubs. So that is one positive of the subscription box.

Posted:
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3053WRX Points: 1,297Posts: 3,053 Titanium Tees

They have entire stores dedicated to being mystery boxes, they're called "Ross" and "Burlington Coat Factory"

Sometimes i end up spending...$10...$20...or $80, but i always get what I want.

Posted:

Epic Flash / Apex / Epic / MD5 / Phantom X5 Custom + Pro 2.0 TS / ATMOS Blue TS / Pro 2.0 / 1050Gh

• jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  940WRX Points: 341Handicap: 12Posts: 940 ClubWRX

On -, @jmkenn0 said:

That's probably the best one... I used it for a couple of months...

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  275WRX Points: 242Handicap: +3Posts: 275 Greens

They have entire stores dedicated to being mystery boxes, they're called "Ross" and "Burlington Coat Factory"

Sometimes i end up spending...$10...$20...or $80, but i always get what I want.

This is the only reason my fiance is able to drag me into these stores. Still waiting to find those $20 nike spikes in my size.

Posted:
  • 1timothy.davidson1timothy.davidson Members  24WRX Points: 11Posts: 24 Bunkers

I did short par 4 for a few months. First box was good, we got puma shoes. Second box was ok, third box was all sp4 merchandise. I decided to give it one more month and received Calloway shorts and a shirt that I actually liked. The shirt however had a stain on it. When I reached out to SP4, I said one of my items had a stain, and with out even mentioning what it was he told me to try washing the Calloway polo and if that doesn’t work to send it back for a replacement. Well it didn’t work and I’m still waiting for my replacement 3 months later.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10339WRX Points: 3,543Handicap: 8Posts: 10,339 ClubWRX

The curated boxes are dumb. I had a friend sign up for a "manly" box from some company only to get hunting gear sold at walmart. It is marketing geared towards bearded millennial that are too lazy to go to a sotre.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.