Subscription boxes

Is anyone subscribed to any good golf subscription boxes (other than short par 4). Looking for something fresh and new.

Thanks!

Comments

• buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members Posts: 62 ✭✭

All subscription boxes are a rip. Just go buy what you want...

• coho10coho10 Members Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

@buckets on buckets said:
    All subscription boxes are a rip. Just go buy what you want...

Agree 100000%. I've tried several and they're all a disappointment, even after trying to hone my style and preferences.

• JRS1939JRS1939 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭

Not to change the subject much here but did you guys see the Nike kids shoe subscription they launched this weekend

• jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do golf locker - its fine, I guess. They have a liberal return policy and they definitely send me stuff I wouldn't try out in the store, or we don't have around here. No real complaints.

@JRS1939 said:
    Not to change the subject much here but did you guys see the Nike kids shoe subscription they launched this weekend

Lol, yes. Don’t get it. At those price points, it’s not a deal for anyone. If you’re hooking people on a subscription, at least give them a 20-40% discount. By not going through retailers their margins are probably 80% on those shoes...

@jmkenn0 said:
    I do golf locker - its fine, I guess. They have a liberal return policy and they definitely send me stuff I wouldn't try out in the store, or we don't have around here. No real complaints.

Guess it makes sense if you’re not close to a bunch of golf stores and clubs.

• jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

@buckets on buckets said:

@jmkenn0 said:

Guess it makes sense if you’re not close to a bunch of golf stores and clubs.

Yeah, midwest, we get the usual Dicks/Golf Galaxy/etc. Plus I generally try to go "logo-free" so that takes out my club. And I don't really have the time or inclination to go shopping for golf clothes. So basically if you live in the midwest, have a closet full of clothes from your club, and are lazy/busy, it might be for you? Not exactly a ringing endorsement I know.
    I will say that shorts/pants are generally in short supply, even at most clubs. So that is one positive of the subscription box.

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They have entire stores dedicated to being mystery boxes, they're called "Ross" and "Burlington Coat Factory"

Sometimes i end up spending...$10...$20...or $80, but i always get what I want.

• jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 600 ClubWRX

@jmkenn0 said:

That's probably the best one... I used it for a couple of months...

WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

@third-times-a-charm said:
    They have entire stores dedicated to being mystery boxes, they're called "Ross" and "Burlington Coat Factory"

Sometimes i end up spending...$10...$20...or $80, but i always get what I want.

This is the only reason my fiance is able to drag me into these stores. Still waiting to find those $20 nike spikes in my size.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file