• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,189 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2019 2:00am #32

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

@third-times-a-charm said:
    Less arms, more body. Its science.

This ....

the majority of speed comes from your hands not you body..

Hands move faster but alone have less power. Your core , especially the legs ( ever heard the quote of the power comes from the ground up ? ).
    I had never seen a power driver with skinny legs.

JT driving par 4s, weigh like 145, string beans for legs ; )

• straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2019 2:00am #33

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Hands move faster but alone have less power. Your core , especially the legs ( ever heard the quote of the power comes from the ground up ? ).

• gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

LPGA players hold the lag in the right hand much longer than us and they are more in sync.

• tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@straightshot7 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Never let facts interfere with good hyperbole.

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • BM5DBM5D Members Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

Not mentioned but relevant: roll. It's reasonable to expect a lot more roll from any firm professional venue, particularly a links style course.

• Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 21,979 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BM5D said:
    Not mentioned but relevant: roll. It's reasonable to expect a lot more roll from any firm professional venue, particularly a links style course.

No doubt. However, the LPGA plays at most one links course a year. This year's Women's British Open was played on a parkland course.

The Evian was played in wet conditions this year. Lexi averaged 265 for the first two rounds (before missing the cut). There was practically no rollout. That's not a bad carry when her season average is 277. Sung Hyun Park averaged 255 for the week, down from a season average of 277. I'd say the typical rollout is in the 20 to 30 yd range.

• RichsgboxRichsgbox Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

I’d say she drives like a man. Feel better?

• musclefrontmusclefront Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭

Center face contact is king when it comes to maximum distance.

• JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish. PAMembers Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

@JeffreySpicoli said:

@Krt22 said:

@JeffreySpicoli said:
    How does that happen?

She’s an extremely good golfer. You’re a pretty bad golfer.

No that cannot be it. There is surely some mystery science LGPA golfers utilize that old guys do not

This thread fits into the three common Golfwrx thread tropes . . .

— Tiger versus Jack
    — Men versus LPGA players
    — Blades versus GI irons

All three continually appear in various forms and all three turn big, burly men into passionate irrational mush.

C'mon, there are more than 3 tropes. Two others:

• The USGA is always right/wrong.
    • I love/hate Phil/Matt/John/Sergio/Keegan (and/or his ex-caddy).
  • LICCLICC Members Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyCashForever said:

@JeffreySpicoli said:

@Krt22 said:

@JeffreySpicoli said:
    How does that happen?

No that cannot be it. There is surely some mystery science LGPA golfers utilize that old guys do not

— Tiger versus Jack
    — Blades versus GI irons

All three continually appear in various forms and all three turn big, burly men into passionate irrational mush.

Don’t forget:

• I like/hate any schedule changes
    • I like/hate any rules changes
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LICC said:

@JohnnyCashForever said:

@JeffreySpicoli said:

@Krt22 said:

@JeffreySpicoli said:
    How does that happen?

— Tiger versus Jack
    — Blades versus GI irons

Don’t forget:

• I like/hate any schedule changes
    • I like/hate any rules changes

Correctly done. Some hate every change , some love any change. Both are wrong. I include myself in that.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

That may be true, but Jim Flick used to sit on a stool and still hit the ball 230 with a driver.
    The key component, I have always felt, is extremely flexible wrists - especially being able to bend the thumbs way back toward the forearm. When you can do that, you can store a whole lot of WhipA$$ for impact.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • MoxleyMoxley Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

Not necessarily less arms - just more body.

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

I have, and it is only partially correct. Your need your legs for stability but regardless of how strong your legs are you can only turn your body so fast. Speed in a golf swing comes from your hands and arms because that is were you can create and maintain leverage with the club. Your body just needs to be in the right position to allow that to happen.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

JT driving par 4s, weigh like 145, string beans for legs ; )

Definitely not "string bean" legs. Long legs not bulky but strong muscular legs.
    Real string bean legs will have issue not just for golf swing but for all other types of sports.

@straightshot7 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

PLease bring out more recent photos and not the ones photo shopped for "jockey".

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bruce Koepka drives the ball real good.

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

That may be true, but Jim Flick used to sit on a stool and still hit the ball 230 with a driver.
    The key component, I have always felt, is extremely flexible wrists - especially being able to bend the thumbs way back toward the forearm. When you can do that, you can store a whole lot of WhipA$$ for impact.

People sit on a chair on their knees could drive the golf ball 200-230, yes, but they could driver the golf ball much farther with their whole body.
    What the sit on the chair demonstrate is one part of the golf swing.
    Wrists are important movement in golf swing, not only add a little acceleration to the movement but also a very important part for controling the direction and the trajectory.
    If I make someone feel being offended because they have the skinny legs, sorry they'd feel that way. All one needs to do is comparing their legs to their arms to see which one would produce more power. Arms are outside of the center core for a golf swing, nevertheless each and every part of the body is important to the golf swing or any other type of athletic move.
    Not saying a person with long and skinny legs could not play golf golf, of course , but they could produce better result with a strong base for the golf swing.
    It's been known golfers tend to straighten ( snap ) their leading knee to have extra 10-15 yards.
    Injury would come fast if one does not have a strong base .
    To show me TW in his teen with slim legs is out of context. Everyone had simmy legs when they were younger ( comparatively speaking ). Photo shopped advertisement for underwear campaign photo is not a good proof.
    What did you guys do, all search on the same web page ?
    Please produce something else that's more convincing for the arguement.
    I get it, go on believing what you may.

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Athleticism trumps brute strength in this game. I don't see JT has having string bean legs, either. The kid is quick and very athletic. Would probably have been a very good boxer. I stood by Jon Rahm at Pebble recently. I'm 6', 222 and I think I read somewhere he's listed as 190. Uh, no. He's big. Both those guys built very differently but get it done. One of the things that makes golf so great.

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Taylormade Spider blade
    Srixon Z Star

Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

@wkuo3 said:

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

People sit on a chair on their knees could drive the golf ball 200-230, yes, but they could driver the golf ball much farther with their whole body.
    Wrists are important movement in golf swing, not only add a little acceleration to the movement but also a very important part for controling the direction and the trajectory.
    If I make someone feel being offended because they have the skinny legs, sorry they'd feel that way. All one needs to do is comparing their legs to their arms to see which one would produce more power. Arms are outside of the center core for a golf swing, nevertheless each and every part of the body is important to the golf swing or any other type of athletic move.
    Not saying a person with long and skinny legs could not play golf golf, of course , but they could produce better result with a strong base for the golf swing.
    It's been known golfers tend to straighten ( snap ) their leading knee to have extra 10-15 yards.
    To show me TW in his teen with slim legs is out of context. Everyone had simmy legs when they were younger ( comparatively speaking ). Photo shopped advertisement for underwear campaign photo is not a good proof.

Try to hit a ball with only you body, Keep your hand, wrist, and arms static, You will only drive the ball 50 yards.

• Brandons68Brandons68 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

They just have optimized gear and yes, almost always hit the dead nuts center of the club. This will always increase speed in the center of the face.

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Try to hit a ball with only you body, Keep your hand, wrist, and arms static, You will only drive the ball 50 yards.

Did i say hit the golf ball with only the body ?
    Have a nice day and you'll be happy doing what you believe in.

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Thanks! I sure will!! But, I do not hit the ball like a little girl.. So this really does not apply to me. :wink:

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 6, 2019 2:30pm #56

@wkuo3 said:

@straightshot7 said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

PLease bring out more recent photos and not the ones photo shopped for "jockey".

You look at these people on the course and seriously need more proof? Come on man. You made a dumb comment that was not based in reality. Own it and drive on.

• freeze16172002freeze16172002 Members Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

smash, spin, aoa, better fast twitch muscles, but least of all is talent.....that last part was a joke

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Thanks! I sure will!! But, I do not hit the ball like a little girl.. So this really does not apply to me. :wink:

Word. My body rotation is sub-par but I still hit straight bombs

• idriveidrive gone golfin Members Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • bullie76bullie76 Members Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I drive like a little girl but I have an excuse. I'm f$#!ing 65 years old! :( Thank goodness for senior tees.

My senior bag.......
    Cleveland SL290  9 * driver stiff
    Taylormade RBZ 13* 3 wood reg
    Adams TL2 - FW 16* 4 wood  reg
    Callaway Rogue X 4,5,6,7 hybrids reg
    Ping G 7-pw(power lofts) CFS graphite reg
    Ping Glide 52, 58* reg
    Ping anser g5i putter
  • Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭✭

@buckeye440 said:
    You probably also don't play on open courses that allow for a lot of roll out?

I live in a city where we can play a pga and an lpga course leading up to, or directly after the events.

I always enjoy the 30+ yards I get there...

Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla Tour Blue 75g
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla Tour Blue
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file