@wkuo3 said:

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

@third-times-a-charm said:
    Less arms, more body. Its science.

This ....

the majority of speed comes from your hands not you body..

Hands move faster but alone have less power. Your core , especially the legs ( ever heard the quote of the power comes from the ground up ? ).
    I had never seen a power driver with skinny legs.

That may be true, but Jim Flick used to sit on a stool and still hit the ball 230 with a driver.
    The key component, I have always felt, is extremely flexible wrists - especially being able to bend the thumbs way back toward the forearm. When you can do that, you can store a whole lot of WhipA$$ for impact.

People sit on a chair on their knees could drive the golf ball 200-230, yes, but they could driver the golf ball much farther with their whole body.
    What the sit on the chair demonstrate is one part of the golf swing.
    Wrists are important movement in golf swing, not only add a little acceleration to the movement but also a very important part for controling the direction and the trajectory.
    If I make someone feel being offended because they have the skinny legs, sorry they'd feel that way. All one needs to do is comparing their legs to their arms to see which one would produce more power. Arms are outside of the center core for a golf swing, nevertheless each and every part of the body is important to the golf swing or any other type of athletic move.
    Not saying a person with long and skinny legs could not play golf golf, of course , but they could produce better result with a strong base for the golf swing.
    It's been known golfers tend to straighten ( snap ) their leading knee to have extra 10-15 yards.
    Injury would come fast if one does not have a strong base .
    To show me TW in his teen with slim legs is out of context. Everyone had simmy legs when they were younger ( comparatively speaking ). Photo shopped advertisement for underwear campaign photo is not a good proof.
    What did you guys do, all search on the same web page ?
    Please produce something else that's more convincing for the arguement.
    I get it, go on believing what you may.

Try to hit a ball with only you body, Keep your hand, wrist, and arms static, You will only drive the ball 50 yards.

Did i say hit the golf ball with only the body ?
    Have a nice day and you'll be happy doing what you believe in.

Thanks! I sure will!! But, I do not hit the ball like a little girl.. So this really does not apply to me. :wink:

"Quigs sounds pumped up today."
    "Yes, he does."
    "Listen now, believe me later."

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ferguson said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Hands move faster but alone have less power. Your core , especially the legs ( ever heard the quote of the power comes from the ground up ? ).

That may be true, but Jim Flick used to sit on a stool and still hit the ball 230 with a driver.
    The key component, I have always felt, is extremely flexible wrists - especially being able to bend the thumbs way back toward the forearm. When you can do that, you can store a whole lot of WhipA$$ for impact.

People sit on a chair on their knees could drive the golf ball 200-230, yes, but they could driver the golf ball much farther with their whole body.
    Wrists are important movement in golf swing, not only add a little acceleration to the movement but also a very important part for controling the direction and the trajectory.
    If I make someone feel being offended because they have the skinny legs, sorry they'd feel that way. All one needs to do is comparing their legs to their arms to see which one would produce more power. Arms are outside of the center core for a golf swing, nevertheless each and every part of the body is important to the golf swing or any other type of athletic move.
    Not saying a person with long and skinny legs could not play golf golf, of course , but they could produce better result with a strong base for the golf swing.
    It's been known golfers tend to straighten ( snap ) their leading knee to have extra 10-15 yards.
    To show me TW in his teen with slim legs is out of context. Everyone had simmy legs when they were younger ( comparatively speaking ). Photo shopped advertisement for underwear campaign photo is not a good proof.

Try to hit a ball with only you body, Keep your hand, wrist, and arms static, You will only drive the ball 50 yards.

Thanks! I sure will!! But, I do not hit the ball like a little girl.. So this really does not apply to me. :wink:

"Yes, he does."

You got that right!!

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,189 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

JT driving par 4s, weigh like 145, string beans for legs ; )

Definitely not "string bean" legs. Long legs not bulky but strong muscular legs.
    Real string bean legs will have issue not just for golf swing but for all other types of sports.

He's like 5'9, 145 lbs. He's the definition of skinny. He's just fast and has great skills.

You ever see Xander Schauffele? I saw him at the PGA. He is tiny. But he averages 303 yards. I was amazed at how small so many of these guys are.

Check out the phenom Akshay, read he averages 119mph

edited Aug 6, 2019 5:11pm #65

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Definitely not "string bean" legs. Long legs not bulky but strong muscular legs.
    Real string bean legs will have issue not just for golf swing but for all other types of sports.

He's like 5'9, 145 lbs. He's the definition of skinny. He's just fast and has great skills.

You ever see Xander Schauffele? I saw him at the PGA. He is tiny. But he averages 303 yards. I was amazed at how small so many of these guys are.

In more ways than not size=slow. Long drive guys are kinda the exception but they are not playing golf. Watch those guys, there swings are not your textbook rotation theory swings.

I mean, these swings are all train wrecks. Literally, a train wrecking into a ball.

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Failed to mention...as I see it brought up here. Roll. Our home course is Bermuda fairways. We don't get roll. Maybe a few paces on what little downhill we can find. Otherwise, zilch. Strange phenomenon, this Bermuda.

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Taylormade Spider blade
    Srixon Z Star

Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ferguson said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@wkuo3 said:

@gvogel said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

"Yes, he does."

LOVE HANZ AND FRANZ
    I still use the Ahnold voice and say to my girls "Listen to me now and hear me later"

Ping G400 LST 11.5* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Aldila NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 p-spec org dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grinds 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
    edited Aug 6, 2019 6:53pm #69

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Bill Brasky uses that guy for a golf tee.

Talkin bout Brasky.....

“He uses the Shroud of Turin as a golf towel.”

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Talkin bout Brasky.....

Brasky marks his golf balls with a paint roller.

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Talkin bout Brasky.....

Uses Slugger White as a golf cart.

• the700levelthe700level Members Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭

This topic is riveting

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Talkin bout Brasky.....

He once bathed in Rae's creek while golfers played through.

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Talkin bout Brasky.....

He fathered the entire European Ryder cup team.

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

I disagree from what I see from the men's tour. It might look that way. You can't swing fast with hands only. ( I know that's not exactly what you said.) If the body does not get out of the way it doesn't work as efficiently. Get both right and you get more SS.

• GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take solice you didn't compare yourself to Lexi Thompson. Pros hit it dead square, us amateurs not so much.

Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3

@mizuno player said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

I disagree from what I see from the men's tour. It might look that way. You can't swing fast with hands only. ( I know that's not exactly what you said.) If the body does not get out of the way it doesn't work as efficiently. Get both right and you get more SS.

Agreed.

• JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish. PAMembers Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

Chi Chi in his prime was a wisp (5' 7'', 120ish). He hit it a ton.

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Talkin bout Brasky.....

Brasky shaves with this.

• BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyCashForever said:

Chi Chi in his prime was a wisp (5' 7'', 120ish). He hit it a ton.

I'm told it was his workout routine

• MoxleyMoxley Members Posts: 63 ✭✭

@mizuno player said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

I don't think the two points are at odds with each other. The arms do generate the majority of the speed (what the sitting on stool tests will show) , though obviously not in complete isolation from the body.

The arms contribute the most speed, but most golfers get most of what they can get here. Conversely, the body can only add maybe another 30-40% of swing speed, but most golfers get very little of what they can get here - it's the differentiating factor for the pros.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Missing the obvious guys. You gots to have skills !! Let Napoleon tell you all about it. It’s not the inability to touch your wrist with your thumb , it’s not that your legs look like you’re riding a chicken ... it’s skills. You have to have skills.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish. PAMembers Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

@bladehunter said:
    Missing the obvious guys. You gots to have skills !! Let Napoleon tell you all about it. It’s not the inability to touch your wrist with your thumb , it’s not that your legs look like you’re riding a chicken ... it’s skills. You have to have skills.

Wait, are you saying that we are born with inalienable traits that differentiate me from you from everyone else? And furthermore that those differences may eventually cause each of us as we grow to adulthood to rationally walk his/her/its own path on life's journey to optimally take advantage of those traits? If so, that's crazy talk! If not, never mind...

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyCashForever said:

@bladehunter said:

Wait, are you saying that we are born with inalienable traits that differentiate me from you from everyone else? And furthermore that those differences may eventually cause each of us as we grow to adulthood to rationally walk his/her/its own path on life's journey to optimally take advantage of those traits? If so, that's crazy talk! If not, never mind...

That’s exactly what I’m saying ! The long ball isn’t taught. It can be polished and maximized , but you’re born with it.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

@bladehunter said:

@JohnnyCashForever said:

@bladehunter said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying ! The long ball isn’t taught. It can be polished and maximized , but you’re born with it.

and we all know you can put lipstick on a pig but you can't polish a ****...

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Ferguson said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@bscinstnct said:

@wkuo3 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@mizuno player said:

This ....

Talkin bout Brasky.....

Brasky shaves with this.

And lathers with Pimento Cheese.

• Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill Brasky drives a limited flight range ball 400 yards.

Brasky was picking his teeth last week and the entire cast of Morning Drive fell out.

@Ferguson said:
    Brasky was picking his teeth last week and the entire cast of Morning Drive fell out.

Brasky hit a ball into the drink on the 17th at TPC Sawgrass. He pulls the straw out of his scotch and soda and drinks the entire lake in one gulp like in The Five Chinese Brothers, finds his ball, and gets up and down for 3.

To, Brasky!

Brasky's kidney stone.

@Ferguson said:
    Brasky's kidney stone.

Braskys golf shafts

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file