Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

I drive the ball like a little girl

1235»

Comments

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

9 bunkers at Doral are filled with Brasky's dandruff.

• wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brasky uses your balls to tee off!!

-- Two things don't last long. Dogs chasing cars and golf pro's putting for pars. --

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,294 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ferguson said:
    9 bunkers at Doral are filled with Brasky's dandruff.

He sneezed once and the "chuck wagon" came out

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Brasky's toe nail clippings are used as roof shingles.

• ChazbChazb Members Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe some people are born with certain traits that they are able to do things others can’t.
    The easiest thing that people can do is move a pencil over a piece of paper but they can’t draw a lick and can’t learn to draw either.
    Why people are born to do things better than others and that includes golf....who knows.

• golfinguru11golfinguru11 Bay AreaMembers Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭

One underrated part of hitting a ball far is flexibility. It’s the reason why so much time in the gym is spent on this for tour players, and the main reason why seniors don’t hit it as far as they used to. Mass + flexibility = longest which is why athletic freaks like John Daly hit it a mile. He had the mass but was absurdly flexible. Same goes for nearly every long hitter on tour.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x
    Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s
    Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a 6hc and hit the ball 240 off the tee. I’m 53. I could play a women’s event starting each hole at the 150 marker and still not make the cut. They’re that good.

• Golf ScientistGolf Scientist Members Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 12:05am #129

@bladehunter said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying ! The long ball isn’t taught. It can be polished and maximized , but you’re born with it.

Not according to Rory Mcilroy. Mcilroy says distance can be taught, and it is NOT something you are born with. Phil Mickelson increased his swing speed this year. He wasn't born with his current swing speed. The tour pros that are known as long hitters that I've read being quoted as say it's "natural" or they were "born with it" are also some of the lowest IQ tour players I know of.

@third-times-a-charm said:
    Less arms, more body. Its science.

For years I bought into the body producing distance because that is what has been taught by the majority, but I no longer believe that.
    You have Monte who frequents the instruction forum, and is a former world long drive champion. He doesn't believe the body being the speed producer, and he even has an article on his website illustrating that fact.
    https://rebelliongolf.com/hip-speed-does-not-equal-club-head-speed/
    https://rebelliongolf.com/arm-speed-and-club-head-speed/

Tony Ludzak teaches former world long drive champion Jeff Flag. They don't believe the body is the power producer. Ludzak has a number of videos showing the arms are the speed producer.
    Mike Malaska is a multiple time PGA teacher of the year who worked with Jack Nickalus, and has taught multiple people who drastically increased their distance, accuracy, and consistency by getting them to dump their fallacy of the body being dominate.
    Manuel De La Torre (thread about him in the instruction area) also helped a large number of people swing better,and hit it farther by teaching them to swing the arms and let the body be reactive.
    Ernie Els was an efficient swinger (before Butch's son screwed him up by getting him lifting his front foot). If you've read Ernie's book How to Build a Classic Golf Swing then you'd know Ernie got his speed from his arm swing. (As did Nick Faldo).

I played nine holes with a little girl who is considered to be one of the best female amateurs currently playing (she was in contention the first round at the Agusta women's Amateurs tournament this last year), she is/was less then five feet tall, has no muscle (probably weighs less than 100 lbs), and constantly drives it past the vast majority of male members at her home country club. She does not get her distance from her body mass.

Post edited by Golf Scientist on
    Current set makeup:
    M5 driver with Evenflow shaft
    M5 3 and 5 metals with Evenflow shafts
    GAPR 4 and 5 hybrids with KBS hybrid shafts
    P790 irons 6-AW with Nippon 950 shafts
    Callaway PM 60*, PM 56* wedges with KBS Tour-V shafts
    Spider putter

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 12:22am #130

@straightshot7 said:
    You can have "skinny" legs and still use the ground well to create power.

Look at some high jumpers like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Very thin legs. 35+" veritical leaps in their primes.

Dustin Johnson and Tony Finau. Both good leapers. Not bulky but not surprising that they hit the ball far. Obviously other factors matter as well.

That’s because everybody looks at the calf muscles. Sure. You can’t have cankles. But. You don’t need Phil calves > @Golf Scientist said:

@bladehunter said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying ! The long ball isn’t taught. It can be polished and maximized , but you’re born with it.

Not according to Rory Mcilroy. Mcilroy says distance can be taught, and it is NOT something you are born with. Phil Mickelson increased his swing speed this year. He wasn't born with his current swing speed. The tour pros that are known as long hitters that I've read being quoted as say it's "natural" or they were "born with it" are also some of the lowest IQ tour players I know of.

@third-times-a-charm said:
    Less arms, more body. Its science.

For years I bought into the body producing distance because that is what has been taught by the majority, but I no longer believe that.
    You have Monte who frequents the instruction forum, and is a former world long drive champion. He doesn't believe the body being the speed producer, and he even has an article on his website illustrating that fact.
    https://rebelliongolf.com/hip-speed-does-not-equal-club-head-speed/
    https://rebelliongolf.com/arm-speed-and-club-head-speed/

Tony Ludzak teaches former world long drive champion Jeff Flag. They don't believe the body is the power producer. Ludzak has a number of videos showing the arms are the speed producer.
    Mike Malaska is a multiple time PGA teacher of the year who worked with Jack Nickalus, and has taught multiple people who drastically increased their distance, accuracy, and consistency by getting them to dump their fallacy of the body being dominate.
    Manuel De La Torre (thread about him in the instruction area) also helped a large number of people swing better,and hit it farther by teaching them to swing the arms and let the body be reactive.
    Ernie Els was an efficient swinger (before Butch's son screwed him up by getting him lifting his front foot). If you've read Ernie's book How to Build a Classic Golf Swing then you'd know Ernie got his speed from his arm swing. (As did Nick Faldo).

I played nine holes with a little girl who is considered to be one of the best female amateurs currently playing (she was in contention the first round at the Agusta women's Amateurs tournament this last year), she is/was less then five feet tall, has no muscle (probably weighs less than 100 lbs), and constantly drives it past the vast majority of male members at her home country club. She does not get her distance from her body mass.

If you think Rory and Phil weren’t born with speed. I don’t really know what to tell you. Both have been long since anybody anywhere knew their names.

And do you posses IQ test results for each tour player. I’d love to see that list. lol

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file