2019 Northern Trust @ Liberty National, NJ

Comments

• JD3JD3 Members Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was impressed by Ancer too. He held his own against those heavyweights Rahm, reed, Rory, spieth, etc

TM M1 2017 10.5 Tensei CK Orange 60x
    TM M1 2016 3W HL Tensei CK White 70x 
    Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
    Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
    Yururi Tataki Wedges 52.5 and 60.5 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0x
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
    ProV1x
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
    Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Im_A_Savage said:
    I'm glad I didn't waste any of my time today watching the execrable Patrick Reed post a victory.

Goodness.

• lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JD3 said:

@lowheel said:
    Rahm needs to learn to control himself down the stretch.Go ask Sergio how pretending the world is against you works out. Even after putting out on 18 he was freaking out that his 3 footer broke more than he thought. Dude get a grip

Wasn't sure what his problem was there. Like he thought someone shouted during his putt? I mean it went in so how could he be upset over the break

he was complaining about the putt breaking he even gestured and said can you believe it went that way.He was seething at that point

• flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2019 1:16am #456

LOL. many Reed haters.
    I m glad that Rahm didn't win.

WWG1 WGA
  • DrivingChampDrivingChamp Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭

Lol Jason day needs a captains pick

• YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t CBS “retire” most of their camera crew earlier this summer?

@Darth Putter said:

@lawsonman said:
    Camera work sucks. Nobody knows where the ball is half the time.

It has been especially bad this week for some reason.

It's like watching the British Open back in the day when they had no idea where the ball went.

• Titleist99Titleist99 Members Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

@golfandfishing said:
    What a stupid way for an adult to express himself. Your parents should ask all of the schools you attended for a refund.

@DrivingChamp said:
    Always a sad day in golf when Fatrick Reed wins

Give him a break...….he's only 12. LOL!

• tideridertiderider Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lowheel said:

@JD3 said:

@lowheel said:
    Rahm needs to learn to control himself down the stretch.Go ask Sergio how pretending the world is against you works out. Even after putting out on 18 he was freaking out that his 3 footer broke more than he thought. Dude get a grip

Wasn't sure what his problem was there. Like he thought someone shouted during his putt? I mean it went in so how could he be upset over the break

he was complaining about the putt breaking he even gestured and said can you believe it went that way.He was seething at that point

i can believe it went that way ... i mean ... it did ... seent it ...

• Mick DouglasMick Douglas Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭

An unlikely scenario but let's say the USA top 8 remains as it is, Tiger has 4 picks what % chance he leaves Reed out ?
    And what chance of Speith getting a wildcard?

• YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Reed can close the deal under pressure better than Fowler, Kuchar, Finau etc. I assume he can still get someone to partner with him, if only to boost their Presidents cup match record.

• tideridertiderider Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2019 2:10am #463

@Mick Douglas said:
    An unlikely scenario but let's say the USA top 8 remains as it is, Tiger has 4 picks what % chance he leaves Reed out ?

one guy has won twice in the last 2 years, the other one doesn't know where at least 33 % of his drives are going ... fairly easy decision, even with reed's personality, imo ...

edit: i think a bigger question is will tiger be the first captain to leave phil off a team?

• Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Yuck said:

Didn’t CBS “retire” most of their camera crew earlier this summer?

@Darth Putter said:

@lawsonman said:
    Camera work sucks. Nobody knows where the ball is half the time.

It has been especially bad this week for some reason.

It's like watching the British Open back in the day when they had no idea where the ball went.

I fear you might be on to something.

Not a worry until next January though, plenty of time to find slightly more competent interns.

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If Tiger is to play in the President's Cup, he'll have to pick himself.

Even with a win in Chicago, he'll be short of the #8 spot.

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Mikey5eMikey5e Members Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mukster said:
    Good on Patrick Reed for pulling out the win. All the big names didn't step up. He played well and got it done.

I don't quite believe the idea that the big names didn't step up. Maybe all the big names did step up but just weren't as good as Patrick weed this weekend. It's not like the big names decided to take it easy or something.

• Mick DouglasMick Douglas Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭

126th on tour Pater Malnarti made $860k and loses his job, and the dude who finishes 25th on Korn Ferry with $160K gets a tour card, man that's cut throat.
    Love to see the battlers like Wilkinson/Blair/Harrington from Korn Ferry get in, those stories interest me more than big names like Mavrick McNearly, guys get a chance just hope they get more than a handful of tournaments to play unlike previous years but at least they're in the big league giving them better sponsorship opportunities etc.

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mick Douglas said:
    126th on tour Pater Malnarti made $860k and loses his job, and the dude who finishes 25th on Korn Ferry with $160K gets a tour card, man that's cut throat. >

You can't even compare the purses of the PGA Tour to the KF Tour or any other facets of the two tours. The KF Tour no longer uses money earned for their top 25. They now use the same points system the PGA Tour does in determining the KFT top 25. Just started this year.

• agolf1agolf1 Members Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tiderider said:

@Mick Douglas said:

one guy has won twice in the last 2 years, the other one doesn't know where at least 33 % of his drives are going ... fairly easy decision, even with reed's personality, imo ...

edit: i think a bigger question is will tiger be the first captain to leave phil off a team?

I would just take #9-#12 on the U.S. list. No Tiger, no Phil. Spieth would need to bump someone else besides Reed given the win this week.

Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  Ping Eye 2+ (58*) or Ping Eye 2 XG (60*)
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

IN: Harold Varner III, Troy Merritt, Wyndham Clark, Joaquin Niemann
    OUT: Sergio, Danny Lee, Matthew Wolff, Kevin Streelman

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x

Tough day for Willett, it looked like he was going to progress to Medinah despite starting the week at #110 but his final round 75 means he is done.

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • GolfjackGolfjack All about the rotation Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Furby makes it!

TM M4 Driver 10.5
    TM M4 3 wood 16
    4H (22) Aeroburner TP
    Mizuno MP-15 4, 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
    Honma HP 1002

Alternate set:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.5, Nike VR Pro 4-PW DG x100, Titleist AP2 712 DG x100 4-P, Callaway Jaws X Series CC Wedges 52 56 60, , Odyssey Arm Lock Putter, Gauge Design Eldik Putter with Superstroke Fatso 5
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DrivingChamp said:

Lol Jason day needs a captains pick

It's not even funny how much the Internationals are going to get crushed again this year! This is what the Ryder Cup must have felt like in the 60's and 70's.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't turn on the coverage until the last group was on the 18th green. I laughed because I knew the tears of the haters would nourish my soul for some time.

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Darth Putter said:
    If Tiger is to play in the President's Cup, he'll have to pick himself.

Even with a win in Chicago, he'll be short of the #8 spot.

I don't see that happening. I think he wants to rest.

PC a joke anyway. Launched back in the day so nick price, vj, and Mike weir could get in some of that Ryder cup money. Guys from entirely different parts of the world acting like there's some common bond.....lol

Ping Anser 2 Milled
    ProV1x
    UA Jordan Spieth 2

@JD3 said:
    PC a joke anyway. Launched back in the day so nick price, vj, and Mike weir could get in some of that Ryder cup money. Guys from entirely different parts of the world acting like there's some common bond.....lol

I think you'll find it was created by the PGA Tour who are clearly envious of the Ryder Cup especially since the event has gone stratospheric since the 80s. Blaming Nick Price, VJ and Mike Weir by suggesting it was designed as a money making exercise for them personally is way off base.

Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • Cincy_KenCincy_Ken Members Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

After Reed's comments last year I assumed he'd have to be an automatic qualifier to make the team. If the picks had to be made this week I think it'd be a lot more interesting but if I'm not mistaken the captain's picks don't have to be made until November. With Woodland, Fowler, and Finau right outside I have a feeling these picks will be anticlimactic. Tiger and Phil are not playing. Only interesting spot is the fourth pick, I think if Spieth shows any form between now and November he deserves the pick due to his position and history on these teams.

• jmckjmck Members Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@OldTomMorris said:

@JD3 said:

I think you'll find it was created by the PGA Tour who are clearly envious of the Ryder Cup especially since the event has gone stratospheric since the 80s. Blaming Nick Price, VJ and Mike Weir by suggesting it was designed as a money making exercise for them personally is way off base.

Correct. It was a money grab by the PGA Tour. In fact it took some arm twisting to get the big international names to show up for it, given that the players receive no money.

• FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Solid win by Reed. He hung in there.
    The guy can finish when given an opportunity.

@OldTomMorris said:

@JD3 said:

actually when there were rumblings TW might not play (he shouldnt have), Price was laying it on thick about how he had a "responsibility for his country" lol. Like every time some money grab gets created in the spirit "patriotism" these guys are supposed to drop everything and play in it.

Ping Anser 2 Milled
    ProV1x
    UA Jordan Spieth 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file