Boom Roasted

2»

Comments

• NoodleSaladNoodleSalad Members Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

Good one Rory, but I bet Kuch tips more at restaurants than you do.

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Always_rough said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@padget said:

@QuigleyDU said:
    I think Kuch is a decent guy. I think he made a few public relations blunders that have switched the narrative on him. Mainly because people are real quick to judge and we have become a society that the court of public opinion gives the death sentence first, facts be dam'ed.

but, that should get the shot of the year award for the PGA.

Well, the facts reported on that blunder turned out to be pretty true. In fact, it looked even worse when they did come out and he tried to explain his decision to tip 0.000000315 % or whatever it was. Hard to defend his stance on that decision and he poured gasoline on the fire with his initial responses.

With that said, I am not a big Kuch fan, but I think he is probably a decent guy as well. We all make mistakes, just most of ours aren’t available for the public to see.

I do not disagree it was a bad look. My only thought on Kuch's side is that as he had said, is that this was not his regular caddie and there was a pre-agreed deal to loop for the event. If he had not won we would have never heard anything it. But he did, and the caddie felt he was entitled to more than what was previously agreed upon. Those are the facts. At least that I am aware of.

Now, if it was me, this would have not happened as I would have done the right thing and paid him more. Kuch felt that he was not obligated to do so. I agree with him. He just came off cold, insensitive, and elitist in his approach. Then made himself look worse with the conceded/not conceded putt with Sergio.

All that being said, as a very wealthy man in today's entitled world he was never going to win the political battle and should have just conceded right away if public opinion is/was important to him.

Well good thing those wealthy men out there have you, here on golfwrx, protecting their name. I bet they all sleep easier tonight knowing what a guardian you are.

But that's the McIlroy I want to see, almost spit my coffee out when he said it.

Not being a guardian, just a voice of reason and temperance. I could be way off, but till I see more I am not willing to kill him just yet.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,189 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 8, 2019 2:24am #34

@NoodleSalad said:

Kuch seems like that guy who like,

Why should I tip? If they don’t like it

Get a new job.

Rory? I could see him throwin a c-note tip for on a $100 brunch. Specially if the waitress is cute ; )

Tiger? He be like,

Wrap up that pancake and give me your number.

Post edited by bscinstnct on
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NoodleSalad said:

Because where Rory is from it is not customary to tip? That is the only way he could tip less than Kuchar.

Also, Kuch does not eat out. Too pricey.

• huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

Rory aint scared

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ebrasmus21 said:

@Krt22 said:
    What we just witnessed was a grown man being buried by a wee little lad. lol

In the video Rory does look like a wee lad. I’d even say borderline Hobbitish.

Yep. When the vide starts that small lady who’s asking questions totally eclipses him. I thought Rory wasn’t even there for first 5 seconds.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bladehunter said:

@ebrasmus21 said:

@Krt22 said:

Yep. When the vide starts that small lady who’s asking questions totally eclipses him. I thought Rory wasn’t even there for first 5 seconds.

Must be the camera angle, Rory is built like a small line backer.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Krt22 said:

@bladehunter said:

@ebrasmus21 said:

@Krt22 said:

So is wee man from that Johnny Knoxville show.

Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 

• tideridertiderider Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Krt22 said:

@bladehunter said:

@ebrasmus21 said:

@Krt22 said:

from a 1920's college team ...

• CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very funny. Kuch laughed and knows it was a clean burn. These guys are friends after all. Super rich friends.

Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tiderider said:

@Krt22 said:

@bladehunter said:

@ebrasmus21 said:

@Krt22 said:

from a 1920's college team ...

Interesting. So, Rory IS a linebacker after all. Just so happens he’s a linebacker from 100 years ago. Geez, wish the CBS crew would clarify that point.

G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think any of us would rather have $300k than a witty verbal zinger.

Kuchar seemed genuinely amused my Rory's comment so I don't think it hurt his feelings too bad.

• fanofserifanofseri Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

I watched Peter Kuchar's stomach- turning performance at Olympic and subsequent mea culpa. Don't blame Matt for ending up a sociopath.

• gunmetalgunmetal IdahoMembers Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PZero said:

@QuigleyDU said:
    I think Kuch is a decent guy. I think he made a few public relations blunders that have switched the narrative on him. Mainly because people are real quick to judge and we have become a society that the court of public opinion gives the death sentence first, facts be dam'ed.

Nah, you just got to see the real Kuchar.

By Kuchar you mean "El Cheapo, No Gimme" right?
    😂😆

• ChristosteroneChristosterone Reverse C ClubWRX Posts: 1,471 ClubWRX

Rory, well Played sir!

Sixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
    Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
    dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape
  • md1mmd1m Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how much of the bonus Kuch will give his caddie. Unless the caddie has something in writing about a bonus my guess is zero. Was a huge Kuch fan before the Mexico incident.

Clubs are fluid
  • FadeFade Members Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It almost looks like Matt set up Rory as if he was his comedic sidekick. I think Matt has put the 'issue' behind him.

• lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bscinstnct said:

@Roadking2003 said:

@freeze16172002 said:
    Kuch is a J-off

Quite the opposite. Notice that he is able to laugh with the other guys even though it was a big-time put-down.

Yeah, but inside he like

Ha! Kidding. I think Kuch can take it as good as he gives it. Some people are proud to be cheap.** I have an inlaw that will show up for dinner with an open bottle of wine.**

now thats a baller move!

• BermBusterBermBuster So. Cal.Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

@CCTxGolf said:
    Very funny. Kuch laughed and knows it was a clean burn. These guys are friends after all. Super rich friends.

Yup. A couple of multi-millionaires joking about how much money that make. Gotta love it.

• bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 27,189 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lowheel said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Roadking2003 said:

@freeze16172002 said:
    Kuch is a J-off

Quite the opposite. Notice that he is able to laugh with the other guys even though it was a big-time put-down.

Yeah, but inside he like

Ha! Kidding. I think Kuch can take it as good as he gives it. Some people are proud to be cheap.** I have an inlaw that will show up for dinner with an open bottle of wine.**

now thats a baller move!

The guy had like 20 people over one time. Ordered one plain pizza and had hummus/crudités “platter” the size of a dinner plate.

• lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bscinstnct said:

@lowheel said:

@bscinstnct said:

@Roadking2003 said:

@freeze16172002 said:
    Kuch is a J-off

Yeah, but inside he like

now thats a baller move!

The guy had like 20 people over one time. Ordered one plain pizza and had hummus/crudités “platter” the size of a dinner plate.

thats a thrifty SOB!!

• varnovarno Laguna Beach, CAMembers Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭

It started with that ridiculous act he and his dad put on during his first masters as an Am.

The second bounce ‘divot’ he argued his ball could make.

Caddie payout was just in line with his whole schtick.

Do we need to bring up Sketchers?

Not a fan, and that’s going to be his legacy no matter how many backdoor top 10s he gets.

• md1mmd1m Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how much of the bonus Kuch will give his caddie. Unless the caddie has something in writing about a bonus my guess is zero. Was a huge Kuch fan before the Mexico incident.

Clubs are fluid

@md1m said:

It was Hawaii.

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@QuigleyDU said:

@md1m said:

It was Hawaii.

I believe he is talking about the El Toucan fiasco.

@Krt22 said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@md1m said:

It was Hawaii.

I believe he is talking about the El Toucan fiasco.

Sorry, I thought that whole thing went down in Hawaii, I was mistaken.

• 57Seve57Seve USA VIA ENGLANDUnregistered Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

Love that man. Refreshingly brilliant.

• bordercitygolferbordercitygolfer Members Posts: 31 ✭✭

Well played. I just started coming around to Kuch a few years ago. That tipping situation though. Yeesh. No longer.

Driver - Titleist 917D2 10.5º, Tensei Blue X
    3W - Callaway Epic, Fubuki X
    H - Nike VRS 3&4, Fubuki S
    Irons - Bridgestone J40, ProjectX 6.0
    Wedges - Scratch DD 50/53/58
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Global Limited, Mills Ming, Mills bullet, Spider Tour, Toulon Portland H4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file