Mid October Golf trip recommendations???

Me and some buddies are planning a golf trip in mid October. We don't want somewhere that is going to be too cold or rainy for that matter. A couple live in MO, one lives in TX, and I live in San Diego. They all came out to San Diego last year. Any suggestions?? Golf resort packages would be ideal. Thanks,

Comments

• Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Phoenix won't work even though the weather may be nice because mid October is basically right in the middle of overseeding season.

• huckitchuckithuckitchuckit Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

@Bonneville85308 said:
    Phoenix won't work even though the weather may be nice because mid October is basically right in the middle of overseeding season.

I would have never thought of that. Thanks, for the heads up.

• vallygolfvallygolf Members Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

October would be great for Streamsong, Pinehurst or Bandon. All will have resort packages.

• puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 Members Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I love this trip in mid Oct: https://www.coeurdalene.org/cda-events/golftoberfest-cda-golf-course/
    you then add in Circling Raven.

• ScottJNScottJN Members Posts: 52 ✭✭

Considering a trip to Wisconsin myself. All the courses seem to be closing mid October and their rates are at their lowest. Weather won’t be amazing, but it’ll be a bargain compared to in season rates.

• I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

St. George, very few overseed and it won't be too hot by then.

• jvincentjvincent Members Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vallygolf said:
    October would be great for Streamsong, Pinehurst or Bandon. All will have resort packages.

I'd add the RTJ Trail to this list. October should be fine.

Cobra F9 9* : Tour AD TP 7-S
    Cobra LTD set at 16* : Tour AD TP 8-S
    Cobra 3U set at 19.5* : Nippon Modus3 130-S
    Wishon 565MC 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 130-S
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon Modus3 130-S
    Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

• krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

RTJ, Kiawah, HHI, Streamsong, Jacksonville

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Kingston Putters KP2
  • AlmostscratchonceAlmostscratchonce Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

The weather, scenery and course conditions at Big Cedar/Branson should be primo in October.

• HackZoganHackZogan Members Posts: 65 ✭✭

Me and few buddies did Hilton Head last October and the weather was perfect.

• az2auaz2au Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • johnnylongballjohnnylongball Members Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScottJN said:
    Considering a trip to Wisconsin myself. All the courses seem to be closing mid October and their rates are at their lowest. Weather won’t be amazing, but it’ll be a bargain compared to in season rates.

If by not "amazing" you mean potentially frigid, I agree.

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There's almost no place in USA where mid-October is a bad time to play golf. Fall is the best golf weather of the year almost everywhere.

If you go way, way north I guess the daylight is starting to get pretty short. But it brings all the warm-weather destinations into play farther south, without braving summertime heat and humidity. Even Florida would be nice that time of year although not conveniently located for your lot.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • az2auaz2au Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@North Butte said:
    There's almost no place in USA where mid-October is a bad time to play golf. Fall is the best golf weather of the year almost everywhere.

If you go way, way north I guess the daylight is starting to get pretty short. But it brings all the warm-weather destinations into play farther south, without braving summertime heat and humidity. Even Florida would be nice that time of year although not conveniently located for your lot.

October is really bad in Scottsdale/Phoenix as previously mentioned. It always kinda sucks as the weather is usually awesome but in a normal year every nice club is closed for a whole month which usually covers a large part of October and the public courses are either closed or in crappy conditions because they only stay closed for two weeks usually.

• Sjewell94Sjewell94 Members Posts: 37 ✭✭

Palm Springs if you can avoid overseeding.

TS2 9.5 Degree - Evenflow White 65G Stiff
    TS2 15 Degree - Evenflow White 75G Stiff
    TS2 18 Degree - Evenflow White 75G Stiff
    716MB 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Vokey SM7 52.08 Raw Black
    Vokey SM7 56.10 Limited Raw Black - TI DG
    Vokey SM7 60.12 Brushed Steel
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2018

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pinehurst or RTJ. Should be prime time.

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of a random recommendation dredged up from my memory of a fall trip quite a few years ago now. How about Cuscowilla and some of the other (Reynolds Plantation maybe?) courses on Lake Oconee in Georgia, not too far east of Atlanta. Lovely resort although nothing too fancy, that's 100% prime weather season in Georgia and the courses should still be in peak late summer nick.

The reason I thought of that is Atlanta may offer ample flight options for guys coming from different parts of the country. it's a long, long flight from San Diego, admittedly. A little over an hour and a half drive from ATL if I recall correctly.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • huckitchuckithuckitchuckit Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

@HackZogan said:
    Me and few buddies did Hilton Head last October and the weather was perfect.

That place looks amazing

• CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Another vote for Pinehurst and you can get some great deals too.

• DBurnsDBurns Members Posts: 30 ✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file