GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Mid October Golf trip recommendations???

huckitchuckit ·  
huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California Members  107WRX Points: 45Posts: 107 Fairways

Me and some buddies are planning a golf trip in mid October. We don't want somewhere that is going to be too cold or rainy for that matter. A couple live in MO, one lives in TX, and I live in San Diego. They all came out to San Diego last year. Any suggestions?? Golf resort packages would be ideal. Thanks,

Posted:

Comments

• Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members  1896WRX Points: 265Posts: 1,896 Platinum Tees

Phoenix won't work even though the weather may be nice because mid October is basically right in the middle of overseeding season.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California Members  107WRX Points: 45Posts: 107 Fairways

On -, @Bonneville85308 said:

Phoenix won't work even though the weather may be nice because mid October is basically right in the middle of overseeding season.

I would have never thought of that. Thanks, for the heads up.

Posted:
  • vallygolfvallygolf Members  580WRX Points: 155Posts: 580 Golden Tee

October would be great for Streamsong, Pinehurst or Bandon. All will have resort packages.

Posted:
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 ARIZONAMembers  3357WRX Points: 424Posts: 3,357 Titanium Tees

I love this trip in mid Oct: https://www.coeurdalene.org/cda-events/golftoberfest-cda-golf-course/
    you then add in Circling Raven.

Posted:
  • ScottJNScottJN Members  66WRX Points: 48Posts: 66 Bunkers

Considering a trip to Wisconsin myself. All the courses seem to be closing mid October and their rates are at their lowest. Weather won’t be amazing, but it’ll be a bargain compared to in season rates.

Posted:
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members  3439WRX Points: 227Posts: 3,439 Titanium Tees

St. George, very few overseed and it won't be too hot by then.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • jvincentjvincent Members  1638WRX Points: 892Posts: 1,638 Platinum Tees

On -, @vallygolf said:

October would be great for Streamsong, Pinehurst or Bandon. All will have resort packages.

I'd add the RTJ Trail to this list. October should be fine.

Posted:

Cobra SZ 9* : Tour AD TP 7-S
    Cobra F9 Tour 4W : Tour AD TP 8-S
    Cobra 3U set at 18* : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Srixon Z785 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54, 58 : Nippon 115-S Wedge
    Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

• krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members  1105WRX Points: 98Handicap: 9.3Posts: 1,105 Platinum Tees

RTJ, Kiawah, HHI, Streamsong, Jacksonville

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Double Wide Flow Neck Putter
  • AlmostscratchonceAlmostscratchonce Members  190WRX Points: 75Posts: 190 Fairways

The weather, scenery and course conditions at Big Cedar/Branson should be primo in October.

Posted:
  • HackZoganHackZogan Members  102WRX Points: 45Handicap: 8Posts: 102 Fairways

Me and few buddies did Hilton Head last October and the weather was perfect.

Posted:
  • az2auaz2au Members  2281WRX Points: 447Handicap: 4.8Posts: 2,281 Platinum Tees

Cabo

Posted:

Advertisement
  • johnnylongballjohnnylongball Members  556WRX Points: 99Posts: 556 Golden Tee

On -, @ScottJN said:

Considering a trip to Wisconsin myself. All the courses seem to be closing mid October and their rates are at their lowest. Weather won’t be amazing, but it’ll be a bargain compared to in season rates.

If by not "amazing" you mean potentially frigid, I agree.

Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11798WRX Points: 1,601Posts: 11,798 Titanium Tees

There's almost no place in USA where mid-October is a bad time to play golf. Fall is the best golf weather of the year almost everywhere.

If you go way, way north I guess the daylight is starting to get pretty short. But it brings all the warm-weather destinations into play farther south, without braving summertime heat and humidity. Even Florida would be nice that time of year although not conveniently located for your lot.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • az2auaz2au Members  2281WRX Points: 447Handicap: 4.8Posts: 2,281 Platinum Tees

On -, @North Butte said:

There's almost no place in USA where mid-October is a bad time to play golf. Fall is the best golf weather of the year almost everywhere.

If you go way, way north I guess the daylight is starting to get pretty short. But it brings all the warm-weather destinations into play farther south, without braving summertime heat and humidity. Even Florida would be nice that time of year although not conveniently located for your lot.

October is really bad in Scottsdale/Phoenix as previously mentioned. It always kinda sucks as the weather is usually awesome but in a normal year every nice club is closed for a whole month which usually covers a large part of October and the public courses are either closed or in crappy conditions because they only stay closed for two weeks usually.

Posted:
  • Sjewell94Sjewell94 Members  90WRX Points: 51Posts: 90 Fairways

Palm Springs if you can avoid overseeding.

Posted:

TS2 9.5, 15, 18
    718 T-MB 4i
    718 AP2 5i
    716MB 6i-P
    SM7 52.08
    SM7 56.10
    SM7 60.10
    Newport 2

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2415WRX Points: 953Posts: 2,415 Platinum Tees

Pinehurst or RTJ. Should be prime time.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11798WRX Points: 1,601Posts: 11,798 Titanium Tees

Kind of a random recommendation dredged up from my memory of a fall trip quite a few years ago now. How about Cuscowilla and some of the other (Reynolds Plantation maybe?) courses on Lake Oconee in Georgia, not too far east of Atlanta. Lovely resort although nothing too fancy, that's 100% prime weather season in Georgia and the courses should still be in peak late summer nick.

The reason I thought of that is Atlanta may offer ample flight options for guys coming from different parts of the country. it's a long, long flight from San Diego, admittedly. A little over an hour and a half drive from ATL if I recall correctly.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • huckitchuckithuckitchuckit California Members  107WRX Points: 45Posts: 107 Fairways

On -, @HackZogan said:

Me and few buddies did Hilton Head last October and the weather was perfect.

That place looks amazing

Posted:
  • CDMCDM Members  2072WRX Points: 294Posts: 2,072 Platinum Tees

Another vote for Pinehurst and you can get some great deals too.

Posted:
  • DBurnsDBurns Members  42WRX Points: 36Posts: 42 Bunkers

Ozarks.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.