Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.
Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.
Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.
We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.
So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.
A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.
We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.
Questions for former and current World Long Drive Pursuers/Competitors
I am a bit of a analytical golf nerd and I really enjoy the long drive aspect of the sport, so with that, I have several questions I would love to ask those who compete or used to.
1) What is the best carry (when needing to go for max carry, soft and flat grid conditions) for a given ball speed you can realistically hope to achieve? Let us assume roughly sea level, temp in the 70s F, 50-60% or so humidity, and no appreciable helping or hurting wind.
2) How much faster can you swing a 48 inch club vs say, a 45 inch club?
3) What swing weight do you prefer in your long drive club?
4) Is there an ideal head weight for you that gives you the best smash factor and spin without sacrificing too much club head speed?
5) If given the chance to hit your own ball on the grid rather than what is provided, what would be your go to ball for maximizing distance (for instance prov1, distance ball, high compression, low compression, etc)?
6) Have you ever used the lower cost launch monitors like Skytrak, Swing Caddie, Mevo, Swing Speed Radar when practicing long drive on the range and if so, are they actually capable of accurately reading the club and ball speeds you can produce?
7) Have you ever come close to or achieved a hole in one on a par 4 (or perhaps a par 5) before?
8) How much less ball speed and overall distance if any, do you typically notice when hitting range balls?
9) What driver do you use when you play a round of golf and how often if at all do you break one?
10) Have you ever hit a ball so far or far and offline during competition or on the course that it has hit a house or vehicle or other property?
Driver: Krank Formula X Extreme 6.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 60X, 44.5"
3 Wood: Epic Subzero 15.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 70X, 42.5"
5 Wood: Epic Subzero 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80X, 42"
Utility: Ping G400 19*, Aldila RIP Alpha HYB 105X, 40"
4-PW: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour, Aldila RIP Tour 115X, (7 iron 37")
WEDGES: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind: 50*, 54*, 60*, Aldila RIP Tour 115X, 35"
PUTTER: Custom(my own design)/2016 Scotty Cameron Newport 2
BALL: Snell MTBX/Nike RZN Platinum