Questions for former and current World Long Drive Pursuers/Competitors
I am a bit of a analytical golf nerd and I really enjoy the long drive aspect of the sport, so with that, I have several questions I would love to ask those who compete or used to.
1) What is the best carry (when needing to go for max carry, soft and flat grid conditions) for a given ball speed you can realistically hope to achieve? Let us assume roughly sea level, temp in the 70s F, 50-60% or so humidity, and no appreciable helping or hurting wind.
2) How much faster can you swing a 48 inch club vs say, a 45 inch club?
3) What swing weight do you prefer in your long drive club?
4) Is there an ideal head weight for you that gives you the best smash factor and spin without sacrificing too much club head speed?
5) If given the chance to hit your own ball on the grid rather than what is provided, what would be your go to ball for maximizing distance (for instance prov1, distance ball, high compression, low compression, etc)?
6) Have you ever used the lower cost launch monitors like Skytrak, Swing Caddie, Mevo, Swing Speed Radar when practicing long drive on the range and if so, are they actually capable of accurately reading the club and ball speeds you can produce?
7) Have you ever come close to or achieved a hole in one on a par 4 (or perhaps a par 5) before?
8) How much less ball speed and overall distance if any, do you typically notice when hitting range balls?
9) What driver do you use when you play a round of golf and how often if at all do you break one?
10) Have you ever hit a ball so far or far and offline during competition or on the course that it has hit a house or vehicle or other property?