Will Peoples is a great seller and recommend

bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Ponte Vedra Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited Aug 11, 2019 2:42am in Deal or No Deal? #1

First I’m not bashing People’s I’m just wondering how good the customer service is because he is out of the office until 8/12 per auto email response. I recently ordered a new TS3 with an Accra shaft and received the club today. The head arrived in the head cover but not wrapped. There appears to be wear marks just below the face, a paint chip in the back and wear marks on the gunmetal color portion on the bottom. Again I’m not bashing anyone but buying $800 driver being delivered in this condition and him being out of the office until the 12th has me looking for reassurance. So my questions are:

1. Do his new non tour drivers usually come not wrapped in plastic?
  2. Has anyone had an issue with a club purchased through him that needed to be replaced? If so how easy was it.

Thanks for any feedback.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto
Post edited by bluejeeprubi on

Comments

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wait until he’s back in. He’s a good guy.

Auto reply says out of the office until the 12th. Contact him then.

“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • crsmith1234crsmith1234 Members Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will is a great person and he will make sure your happy so just give the guy a few days till he is back in the office.

Tour issue Taylormade M4 with Ozik Tp7x or m6 with a hulk
    PXG 0341 gen 2 15 with TPT 15 
    Tour issue p790 3i with steelfiber 110x
    PXG 0311p 4-p C-Taper Lite 115x
    PXG 50-54-60 0311t milled C-taper Lite 115x
    Tour issue Heavy Spider X
  • bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Ponte Vedra Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I figured everything I read about him was great, just looking for a little reassurance is all. I appreciate it

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry. Will is great.. To be fair make sure you update this post when he fixes your issue.

• bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Ponte Vedra Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 9, 2019 3:52am #6

Will responded even though he is away until the 12th. I’m 100% happy with his customer service. Changed the title.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • geauxWRXgeauxWRX Members Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have purchased several builds from will. Never had an issue, so I don't understand the the hate he gets on this site. I have posted clubs for sale that were built by Will, and potential buyers have replied that they won't purchase any of his stuff.

Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond / Kuro Kage Proto 70Tx
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 / Tensei CK Pro White 80Tx
    TM 790 3i recoil utility proto 110
    Callaway Apex Pro 19 / Tour Issue x100
    Vokey sm7 raw 50.54.58 KBS tour 120x
    Bridgestone B330s
    Bettinardi Kuch arm lock
  • Dpak05Dpak05 Dpak Members Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭

@geauxWRX said:
    I have purchased several builds from will. Never had an issue, so I don't understand the the hate he gets on this site. I have posted clubs for sale that were built by Will, and potential buyers have replied that they won't purchase any of his stuff.

Any specific reason given?

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Titleist 915 D2[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wood:Titleist 915F[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hybrids: Titleist 816H1
    Irons: Srixon z545 4-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 52/56/60
    Putter: Bettinardi SS#2
    Grips: Lamkin Z5
    Ball: Anything I can find[/font]
    [/font]
  • coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never purchased anything from him but have inquired about a couple items and he was always helpful and responded very quick. I bet he takes care of you. Post a picture of the head.

• larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve dealt with him several times and all have been awesome transactions. I will continue to use him in the future.

TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H

Actually I might have jumped the gun saying it was all good. I’ll update Monday to see if everything actually goes well. I’m still trying to figure out why a new TS3 heads wasn’t still wrapped in plastic.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX Posts: 3,217 ClubWRX

While I think you have valid concerns regarding the head, I don't get the point of starting a thread like this until after you've tried to work it out with him. It seems you are worried about him being out until 8/12. But assuming you received the driver on 8/7 or 8/8, that's only two to three business days that you have to wait. For a specialty outfit like his, that seems more than reasonable for a vacation break /business trip (in my opinion) Ive had major companies that took 3 to 5 days to even respond to an email /inquiry about a problem.

I've ordered a few shafts and I think a head or two from Will, and the service was excellent. Everyone I know who has used him recommends his service. From what I've seen, he's very highly regarded on golfwrx. I think he will help you figure this out.

All that being said, I'm curious what the driver looks like. Any pictures of the marks /paint chip? Was the head hot melted, or was their any work done to get a custom head weight to go with the shaft? I'm assuming that's not the case, and a new driver should be that, a new driver. I could understand removing the plastic to inspect the head though, and to install the shaft. The paint chip is the big thing that would bother most people.

Just my 02

PXG Gen 2 0811XF - HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5 or Ping G400 Max - Diamana DF 60 TX
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    PXG Gen 2 - 0311X 2 Iron - HZRDUS 105 6.5
    PXG 0311X - 4 Iron - KBS C Taper 130 X
    PXG 0311T - 5 to PW - C Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58 Links K
    Taylormade Spider X Copper Slant Neck - TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck
    edited Aug 10, 2019 4:55am #13

My concern was more of a first time buyer and the condition of the club. I have no issues over him being out until the 12th. I not only understand mistakes happen but also people don’t work 24/7. He also already reached out to me. He offered me a few options so he seems to be working with me. I originally declined sending it back because most of the damage is to the bottom or below the face. However, the more I look at it I just don’t think it is a new head (if it is it has been dropped) so I reached back out to him asking about swapping heads. I should have taken the offer up the first time but I thought maybe I shouldn’t care and I really wanted to play. I emailed him today asking to swap for a head that is new and still in the plastic. I still have not attached a shaft or hit this head. I’ll update once I gets back.

The head was not hotmelted and the shaft was not installed. I don’t think it was taken off to inspect because it should not have been sent in this condition.

I cleaned up the face and the bottom so some of the marks are no longer there. There are some still on the bottom gun metal portion but it is hard to capture with my phone. The scratch on the front below the face is clearly visible, the nick in the paint in the back is very minor and only notice it when I ran my finger over it and felt the difference. The back of one of the gun metal strips where it bends is peeling. The little piece of plastic came like this which could have easily happened when the head was placed in the cover. But this is not the plastic that is shrink wrapped around a new head.

Like I said mistakes happen. It will suck waiting another few weeks to get a new head but it isn’t that big of a deal as long as the new head is clearly a new head.

Again I’m not bashing Will, I asked for people’s opinion and experiences. I have not said he is shady or warned anyone to stay away. If the head is replaced with a new head I would not have any issues buying from him again.

Camera not picking up the marks.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I mean those marks wouldn’t matter much to me and it looks like those will rub off. But then again an $800 driver should be pristine in my opinion. Don’t think it’s fair to start a thread like this over those marks. Should have been more patient in my opinion.

• Im_A_SavageIm_A_Savage WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bluejeeprubi said:
    Again I’m not bashing Will,

Actually you are. This could easily have been handled between you and Will Peoples but you decided to create a thread questioning his selling practices before he even had a chance to reply to you.

• magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure we needed a play by play of this. Guy took a few days off yet you keep contacting him? He offered you to exchange right? Do it. I mean, I get it - you spent a ton of $$ on this but you prob could have just waited till it was resolved and posted a positive or negative experience with him. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction but have some patience bro.

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    Some driving iron for Links courses
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s
    A Vokey wedge or 2
    I love/hate every one of my 17 putters
  • kdog25kdog25 Members Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Shorter version...

I’m not sayin. I’m jus’ sayin’.

No need to even start this topic as others have said. Everyone needs everything 5 minutes ago. And the world doesn’t always work that way. If you get screwed by all means post about it. But let things play out a little. My goodness.

• SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will has been a stand up guy to and for me for years. I seriously can’t say anything positive enough from a business perspective. He delivers great products and stands by them. Zero doubts coming from me.

Everyone has their opinion but I’ll disagree with saying I’m bashing him. I came looking for people experiences with him so I didn’t simply dispute the charge on my CC. The ones that have responded that have dealt with him in the past I appreciate it. Like I mentioned above he has replied and advised options to make it right.

I never said he should have responded before the 12th, I said he is out until then and was looking for reassurance. Not sure how that is taken like I’m saying the man can’t go on vacation.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bluejeeprubi said:
    Everyone has their opinion but I’ll disagree with saying I’m bashing him. I came looking for people experiences with him so I didn’t simply dispute the charge on my CC. The ones that have responded that have dealt with him in the past I appreciate it. Like I mentioned above he has replied and advised options to make it right.

I never said he should have responded before the 12th, I said he is out until then and was looking for reassurance. Not sure how that is taken like I’m saying the man can’t go on vacation.

You would dispute the charge on your CC with the club-head still in your possession, before giving the seller a chance to address the problem?

I don't think that's really the way CC companies intend that feature to be used 😂

@straightshot7 said:

@bluejeeprubi said:

You would dispute the charge on your CC with the club-head still in your possession, before giving the seller a chance to address the problem?

I don't think that's really the way CC companies intend that feature to be used 😂

When the receipt is for something other than what I bought yes, I would dispute it.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto

@bluejeeprubi said:

@straightshot7 said:

@bluejeeprubi said:

When the receipt is for something other than what I bought yes, I would dispute it.

It's supposed to be a last resort and only if you can't resolve the problem with the seller on your own.

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

OP, you are being unreasonable IMO. Even mentioning a CC charge back before giving the guy a chance to respond smh.

Hey it is why I asked.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

And yet you continue to post and defend your actions.

• mbbrewermbbrewer Members Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an impatient buyer. Totally unreasonable to start this thread without giving him a chance to remedy your issues. By chance are you a buyer in the BST here? If so I’ll be adding you to the list of people not to transact with.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile, ignore lists are being updated.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

Lol breaks my heart to be put on an ignore list. Please please don’t anything but that! How does one survive? So you buy a club that’s new ant it isn’t and the receipt isn’t for what you purchased so you get on to ask about people experiences with that person and people get upset. It isn’t like I said stay away, don’t do business with him, he is trash or anything. Heck I even said I might have jumped the gun because I’ve never been in this spot. Well since I got labeled Im just going dispute the charge so cheers. You guys enjoy the thread.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto

@bluejeeprubi said:
    Lol breaks my heart to be put on an ignore list. Please please don’t anything but that! How does one survive? So you buy a club that’s new ant it isn’t and the receipt isn’t for what you purchased so you get on to ask about people experiences with that person and people get upset. It isn’t like I said stay away, don’t do business with him, he is trash or anything. Heck I even said I might have jumped the gun because I’ve never been in this spot. Well since I got labeled Im just going dispute the charge so cheers. You guys enjoy the thread.

Even though you can just Google and find plenty of discussion about Will Peoples....I didn't have a problem with your thread since people should be allowed to ask whatever they want. And you were not bashing Will Peoples.

However, now you're just acting like a child. You're disputing the charge? Will Peoples probably would have gone above and beyond to make it right but now you're taking a hostile action.

It's not like he scammed you. The head wasn't in perfect condition and he's going to work with you to make it right. To start a card dispute is ridiculous. You could just return the head and he would refund you, at worst.

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 10, 2019 9:18pm #30

@bluejeeprubi said:

You did jump the gun, and now you’re just going to dispute the charges to really stick it to everyone here? Not sure if that tactic is going to bear fruit, but it certainly may be the best possible outcome for Will Peoples.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

12 year olds can get credit cards? Cool.

M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    Some driving iron for Links courses
    Titleist or Mizzy Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2s or Pings or z745s
    A Vokey wedge or 2
    I love/hate every one of my 17 putters
This discussion has been closed.