GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

2019 versus new gen Z-star

monks66 ·  
monks66monks66 Members  937WRX Points: 128Posts: 937 Golden Tee

i am hearing great things about the new Z-star. i am currently playing pro v1, for thos who have played both, give me your thoughts

Posted:

Comments

• BreezyBrett20BreezyBrett20 Members  83WRX Points: 39Posts: 83 Fairways

Very similar golf ball in my experience

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NailedItNailedIt Members  120WRX Points: 102Handicap: 6.3Posts: 120 Fairways

I actually prefer the ‘17 version z star/xv. I find the new ones to clicky for my liking. I’m currently testing the new Pro v 1/1x. I haven’t had them on the course yet but they do feel nice on the greens. One thing I do like about the srixons is they seem to cut right through wind.

Posted:

On -, @NailedIt said:

I actually prefer the ‘17 version z star/xv. I find the new ones to clicky for my liking. I’m currently testing the new Pro v 1/1x. I haven’t had them on the course yet but they do feel nice on the greens. One thing I do like about the srixons is they seem to cut right through wind.

Some people have mentioned that the 2017 ZStar is also more durable but I haven’t had any problems with the durability of 2019.

Posted:

I wouldn’t necessarily say that as all my ‘17 have the “seam” showing. And a few even have so good scuffs. However, performance doesn’t seem to be effected and I guess that’s what counts. But dang if I don’t like that new ball look.

Posted:

On -, @NailedIt said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say that as all my ‘17 have the “seam” showing. And a few even have so good scuffs. However, performance doesn’t seem to be effected and I guess that’s what counts. But dang if I don’t like that new ball look.

Also it’s a small detail but I like the 2019 Z Star sightline more than the 2017

Posted:
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7857WRX Points: 340Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,857 Titanium Tees

I’m a long time V1x guy and would love to hear more about the Z’s

Posted:
    Sim Max 9.75* GD IZ 6s
    TS 17* 

SM8 52F-56D-60M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    TP5x Pix

WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

On -, @GC70 said:

I’m a long time V1x guy and would love to hear more about the Z’s

I’ve been playing the Srixons for the past couple seasons and I’m actually testing the Pro V and X currently. The ‘19 Titleists seem to be real good performance wise and I actually like the feel of the x on the putter better than previous generations. On the flip side I feel like the new srixons are very “clicky” which for me is distracting. But distance and iron spin I feel like they are all pretty equal. I have found the new titleist a little more durable also.

Posted:
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3277WRX Points: 600Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,277 Titanium Tees

Both models of the Z Star balls felt lifeless to me compared to their Pro V1 equivalents.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.