2019 versus new gen Z-star

monks66monks66 Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am hearing great things about the new Z-star. i am currently playing pro v1, for thos who have played both, give me your thoughts

Comments

• BreezyBrett20BreezyBrett20 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

Very similar golf ball in my experience

• NailedItNailedIt Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

I actually prefer the ‘17 version z star/xv. I find the new ones to clicky for my liking. I’m currently testing the new Pro v 1/1x. I haven’t had them on the course yet but they do feel nice on the greens. One thing I do like about the srixons is they seem to cut right through wind.

@NailedIt said:
    I actually prefer the ‘17 version z star/xv. I find the new ones to clicky for my liking. I’m currently testing the new Pro v 1/1x. I haven’t had them on the course yet but they do feel nice on the greens. One thing I do like about the srixons is they seem to cut right through wind.

Some people have mentioned that the 2017 ZStar is also more durable but I haven’t had any problems with the durability of 2019.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that as all my ‘17 have the “seam” showing. And a few even have so good scuffs. However, performance doesn’t seem to be effected and I guess that’s what counts. But dang if I don’t like that new ball look.

@NailedIt said:
    I wouldn’t necessarily say that as all my ‘17 have the “seam” showing. And a few even have so good scuffs. However, performance doesn’t seem to be effected and I guess that’s what counts. But dang if I don’t like that new ball look.

Also it’s a small detail but I like the 2019 Z Star sightline more than the 2017

• GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a long time V1x guy and would love to hear more about the Z’s

Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link

@GC70 said:

I’m a long time V1x guy and would love to hear more about the Z’s

I’ve been playing the Srixons for the past couple seasons and I’m actually testing the Pro V and X currently. The ‘19 Titleists seem to be real good performance wise and I actually like the feel of the x on the putter better than previous generations. On the flip side I feel like the new srixons are very “clicky” which for me is distracting. But distance and iron spin I feel like they are all pretty equal. I have found the new titleist a little more durable also.

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Both models of the Z Star balls felt lifeless to me compared to their Pro V1 equivalents.

Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5M H17 Jet Setter 
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list