Tiger WD

124»

Comments

  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @BMC said:
    Tiger wins next week and this thread is wasted breath.

    What is it if he WDs again?

  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @MountainGoat said:

    @BMC said:
    Tiger wins next week and this thread is wasted breath.

    What is it if he WDs again?

    He’s played 3 rounds in the nearly 2 months since the US Open. I think DNP is the most likely outcome.

  • NJpatbeeNJpatbee Ocean County, NJMembers Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @buckeye440 said:

    @NJpatbee said:
    I think he will play next week and if his back holds up make a decent showing.

    Based off what? April through August (4.5 months) he has played 6 times with 3 missed cuts. Not really instilling any confidence in me that he will make another top 25 this year.

    @buckeye440 said:

    @NJpatbee said:
    I think he will play next week and if his back holds up make a decent showing.

    Based off what? April through August (4.5 months) he has played 6 times with 3 missed cuts. Not really instilling any confidence in me that he will make another top 25 this year.

    Based on the fact that when he is healthy he competes well - He did have 4 top tens in the 2019 season including a Major and won the 2018 Tour Championship. None of us know how bad his back is so let’s see how it plays out.

  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @NJpatbee said:

    @buckeye440 said:

    @NJpatbee said:
    I think he will play next week and if his back holds up make a decent showing.

    Based off what? April through August (4.5 months) he has played 6 times with 3 missed cuts. Not really instilling any confidence in me that he will make another top 25 this year.

    @buckeye440 said:

    @NJpatbee said:
    I think he will play next week and if his back holds up make a decent showing.

    Based off what? April through August (4.5 months) he has played 6 times with 3 missed cuts. Not really instilling any confidence in me that he will make another top 25 this year.

    Based on the fact that when he is healthy he competes well - He did have 4 top tens in the 2019 season including a Major and won the 2018 Tour Championship. None of us know how bad his back is so let’s see how it plays out.

    It’s painfully obvious how bad his back is.

  • puttfordouxputtfordoux Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 10, 2019 11:50pm #96

    well according to Mark Steinberg...the move was mostly a precaution.

  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @puttfordoux said:
    well according to Mark Steinberg...the move was mostly a precaution.

    Like I said, I’d bet money he will play next week. He was out of this tournament already and would of been missed cut, didn’t want to push it and has the rest of playoffs. He’s more cautious now

  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    He has to play next week, or he’s out of the playoffs. He’s out of the top 30.

  • youdamantigeryoudamantiger Members Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭

    @theodoreb said:
    and all the tiger haters come out of the woodwork! So what if he pulled out. He was not up to it. Does it really mater if he is the GOAT or the #2 GOAT? He is still better than all the armchair quarterbacks spewing hate on this forum.

    "Brandel Chamblee is a moron."
    Comment by theodoreb May 16, 2019 10:39am

    Brandel Chamblee is better than you so you should probably keep your opinions about him to yourself.

  • Titleist99Titleist99 Members Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

    @youdamantiger said:

    @theodoreb said:
    and all the tiger haters come out of the woodwork! So what if he pulled out. He was not up to it. Does it really mater if he is the GOAT or the #2 GOAT? He is still better than all the armchair quarterbacks spewing hate on this forum.

    "Brandel Chamblee is a moron."
    Comment by theodoreb May 16, 2019 10:39am

    Brandel Chamblee is better than you so you should probably keep your opinions about him to yourself.

    Brandel Chamblee is the best at what he do! The Golf Channel need to give him a raise....LOL! His job is to spout stats, golf history, and to be controversial… he excel In all areas. he's the best Golf channel has to offer.

  • Titleist99Titleist99 Members Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

    Plus BC has a hot young wife....nothing but props in that area!....LOL! Just my opinion.

  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    "For those looking to read the tea leaves: Tiger is listed on the Wednesday pro-am sheet for BMW (first group out at 6:50a) and is scheduled to meet with media after the round."

  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • 00steven00steven Northern MIMembers Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭

    I think he’ll have a good round, something to prove and he wouldn’t say how good he was feeling if he wasn’t, he’d be cautious.

    Driver: Taylormade M3
    3 Wood: Taylormade M4
    3 Hybrid: Taylormade M4
    4 iron: Titleist AP1 
    5-9: Titleist AP1 716 
    PW: Titleist CB 716 
    Wedges: 52/56 Titlest SM7 60 Titleist SM6
    Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Fetch
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • straightshot7straightshot7 Members Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Redjeep83 said:

    per him he is having to change his swing often to compensate for his back condition week to week. That's got to be a tough way to play..or not play... that's like me after every range session...new swing

    Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 15, 2019 1:45pm #107

    @Titleist99 said:
    Plus BC has a hot young wife....nothing but props in that area!....LOL! Just my opinion.

    beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. you must be beholding

    Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Man_O_War said:

    @Redjeep83 said:

    per him he is having to change his swing often to compensate for his back condition week to week. That's got to be a tough way to play..or not play... that's like me after every range session...new swing

    the way I heard him it was that, Matt Killen started looking at his swing after the masters to help "improve" it and take more pressure off the spine for longevity and in that process the new moves were using new muscles and causing soreness and stiffness. I mean, you would of thought he would of learned how well 2018 went to just keep doing it on his own but that's my opinion. Tiger is always trying to improve so I didn't think he would stick alone for long

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file