GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Epic Golf Club?

Siper11 ·  
Siper11Siper11 Members  77WRX Points: 64Posts: 77 Fairways

Has anyone looked into Epic Golf Club's Membership? https://www.epicgolfclub.com/

The offering appears to be a Fee-based version of Thousand Greens ($2K-$10K Annually) with a value proposition of a higher chance of getting on premier courses. There's no information on the website about the offering and when a request form is filled out the "founder" demands that you schedule a phone call with him to go over the program and to see "if you are a fit". He's got some posts on his Instagram feed playing at some great courses but nothing about the program. Curious if this is a legit deal or just some person trying to "live a lifestyle".

When asked why he couldn't send me a FAQ ...
"We have to keep most of our information private because of our agreements with the clubs. The next steps, if you are interested, is a brief conversation to see if you are a fit and to walk you through an overview of our membership. We can then do a screen share so you can see all of our clubs and any other specifics you may be curious about."

Curious to see if anyone has signed up for and/or used the program?

Posted:

Comments

• oneunderbogeyoneunderbogey Lefty Boomers  694WRX Points: 116Posts: 694 Golden Tee

Sounds like scam city. No way I'm signing up of he can't answer these questions.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21629WRX Points: 5,627Posts: 21,629 ClubWRX

LOL, you’re not Penske material!

Posted:
  • pinhigh27pinhigh27 Members  9831WRX Points: 347Posts: 9,831 Titanium Tees

If you're a member at somewhere nice enough to utilize something like this, you could probably do it yourself and save the dough if you wanted to play other places, or have your pro call them.

Posted:
  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members  3866WRX Points: 396Posts: 3,866 Titanium Tees

TBH I don’t even understand the model.

What are you paying for, access to a couple of high end trips a year? Is it sort of a bro version of Outpost Club?

Posted:
  • Johnny BiarritzJohnny Biarritz Members  536WRX Points: 110Handicap: 2Posts: 536 Golden Tee

It might be legitimate. I can see them not broadcasting to the world everything about the package. They're not ClubCorp. I got some information from a similar deal around NYC a couple years back. They just sort of feel you out, much like becoming a Mason or whatever. They want to make sure you're a good fit to be "one of the boys" before opening up the safe. Most likely what they're looking for is someone who is willing to be a two-way participant in the system rather than just a user. Not saying it might not be a scam, though.

Posted:
  • ButterCutter2ButterCutter2 NYCMembers  350WRX Points: 103Handicap: 4Posts: 350 Greens

feel free to PM me if you want more information.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • CDMCDM Members  2072WRX Points: 294Posts: 2,072 Platinum Tees

Reviewing the information, it seems to be just a "connection" site. In basic form it notes golf connections, business, Etc. So it seems joining implies you connect with "potentially" other members at other courses, and I guess business aspects from there? Not sure what it offers beyond that since there is no other info.

Edit: It notes up front if "your a member at an existing club".....

Posted:
  • ButterCutter2ButterCutter2 NYCMembers  350WRX Points: 103Handicap: 4Posts: 350 Greens

On -, @CDM (and everyone else). i have an egc membership. no comment as to what i paid for it, if i paid at all. will gladly share details privately,.
    Posted:
  • jc88jc88 Members  112WRX Points: 42Posts: 112 Fairways

I don't think I'd sign up...

Posted:

On -, @ bnr204 said:

On -, @CDM (and everyone else). i have an egc membership. no comment as to what i paid for it, if i paid at all. will gladly share details privately,.

bnr204 appreciate the offer. I am not overly interested as I have barely enough time to play currently with business, 16 year old and a wife LOL If something changes I will shot you a pm.

Posted:
  • Noah_EpicNoah_Epic Members  1WRX Points: 10Posts: 1 Starters

Guys,

Epic Golf is legit, we just can’t blast everything on the internet. I don’t know why anyone would say it’s sketchy to require 20 minutes of your time for an explanation of what we do. You spend that much time looking for your balls in the rough. :):)

Check it out.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Noah_Epic said:

Guys,

Epic Golf is legit, we just can’t blast everything on the internet. I don’t know why anyone would say it’s sketchy to require 20 minutes of your time for an explanation of what we do. You spend that much time looking for your balls in the rough. :):)

Check it out.

I get the model / thought process based on the information I have heard but as a business owner I will say from a marketing standpoint in this day and age "Transparency" is pretty much needed.

Not knocking your business but pointing out that the following statement sounds like a "timeshare" pitch: "I don’t know why anyone would say it’s sketchy to require 20 minutes of your time....."

Posted:

On -, @CDM said:

On -, @Noah_Epic said:

Guys,

Check it out.

I get the model / thought process based on the information I have heard but as a business owner I will say from a marketing standpoint in this day and age "Transparency" is pretty much needed.

Not knocking your business but pointing out that the following statement sounds like a "timeshare" pitch: "I don’t know why anyone would say it’s sketchy to require 20 minutes of your time....."

Exactly. If what you're doing is not sketchy...then you wouldn't only describe it to people in 20 minute private conversations...

Posted:
  • RoodyRoody A little gust, Romes Rochester, NYMembers  1281WRX Points: 334Handicap: 5.1Posts: 1,281 Platinum Tees

Sounds a bit like Boxgroove.

Posted:
    Titleist ProV1x
    Titleist 915 D2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
    Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
    Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges (60, 55, 50)

On -, @raynorfan1 said:

On -, @CDM said:

On -, @Noah_Epic said:

Guys,

Check it out.

Exactly. If what you're doing is not sketchy...then you wouldn't only describe it to people in 20 minute private conversations...

I can see they may have "agreements" with clubs and fee structures that may have some form of limited disclosure. IE: cant not post on line openly. Given the world we live in today though its hard to sell something with out anyone questioning the legitimacy.

First thing I thought was a modified Boxgroove.

A thought of a system that hit me was you get enough people to join the site similar with memberships at higher courses and they provide the guess play. So your membership is based on that what type of courses you like to play for you annual dues. Which could potentially limited ?? IE: The member pays the guest fees via his personal membership but gets paid through the EGC with a bit of a markup??

Posted:

On -, @CDM

check your inbox.
    Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @CDM said:

On -, @raynorfan1 said:

On -, @CDM said:

On -, @Noah_Epic said:

Guys,

Check it out.

I can see they may have "agreements" with clubs and fee structures that may have some form of limited disclosure. IE: cant not post on line openly. Given the world we live in today though its hard to sell something with out anyone questioning the legitimacy.

A thought of a system that hit me was you get enough people to join the site similar with memberships at higher courses and they provide the guess play. So your membership is based on that what type of courses you like to play for you annual dues. Which could potentially limited ?? IE: The member pays the guest fees via his personal membership but gets paid through the EGC with a bit of a markup??

Best I can tell it’s sort of a mashup of Outpost Club / BoxGroove / ThousandGreens.

Posted:

On -, @ bnr204 said:

On -, @CDM

check your inbox.

On -, @raynorfan1 said:

On -, @CDM said:

On -, @raynorfan1 said:

On -, @CDM said:

On -, @Noah_Epic said:

Guys,

Check it out.

Best I can tell it’s sort of a mashup of Outpost Club / BoxGroove / ThousandGreens.

@ BNR204 Checked

It seems to be very similar based on limited information

Posted:
  • VinnyZVinnyZ Members  1WRX Points: 5Posts: 1 Starters

Epic Golf Club is legit. I just joined in late 2019 and have already utilized one of the partner clubs. Noah has put together a nice following so far. If you’re looking to play great spots around the continental US and abroad, I would highly recommend you checking it out.

Posted:
  • Max21Max21 Members  125WRX Points: 54Posts: 125 Fairways

^^ Kevin Durant burner account lol

Posted:
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MNMacMNMac Members  1WRX Points: 5Posts: 1 Starters

Thankful to have the Public Country Club in Minnesota. 100+ courses @$60/month. They aren’t upscale, private clubs although there are a few nicer courses on there. Just a nice fit with a lot of options and courses I think I’d be a lot more comfortable at.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.