Epic Golf Club?

Has anyone looked into Epic Golf Club's Membership? https://www.epicgolfclub.com/

The offering appears to be a Fee-based version of Thousand Greens ($2K-$10K Annually) with a value proposition of a higher chance of getting on premier courses. There's no information on the website about the offering and when a request form is filled out the "founder" demands that you schedule a phone call with him to go over the program and to see "if you are a fit". He's got some posts on his Instagram feed playing at some great courses but nothing about the program. Curious if this is a legit deal or just some person trying to "live a lifestyle".

When asked why he couldn't send me a FAQ ...
"We have to keep most of our information private because of our agreements with the clubs. The next steps, if you are interested, is a brief conversation to see if you are a fit and to walk you through an overview of our membership. We can then do a screen share so you can see all of our clubs and any other specifics you may be curious about."

Curious to see if anyone has signed up for and/or used the program?

Comments

• oneunderbogeyoneunderbogey Lefty Boomers Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like scam city. No way I'm signing up of he can't answer these questions.

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,281 ClubWRX

LOL, you’re not Penske material!

• pinhigh27pinhigh27 Members Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you're a member at somewhere nice enough to utilize something like this, you could probably do it yourself and save the dough if you wanted to play other places, or have your pro call them.

How to be in better shape for golf?
    Become a better athlete.
    Don't worry about golf specific.
    Compound lifts w/ linear progress
    Don't forget the mobility work.
    More results, more functional

Spin is not your enemy, everything is a trade-off.
    17 * 1700 goes really far, but doesn't go very straight or consistent
    8* 3500 goes really straight, but doesn't go very far
    Answer for most is somewhere in the middle.
    Pga tour driver avg launch conditions: 11* 2700
  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

TBH I don’t even understand the model.

What are you paying for, access to a couple of high end trips a year? Is it sort of a bro version of Outpost Club?

• Johnny BiarritzJohnny Biarritz Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭

It might be legitimate. I can see them not broadcasting to the world everything about the package. They're not ClubCorp. I got some information from a similar deal around NYC a couple years back. They just sort of feel you out, much like becoming a Mason or whatever. They want to make sure you're a good fit to be "one of the boys" before opening up the safe. Most likely what they're looking for is someone who is willing to be a two-way participant in the system rather than just a user. Not saying it might not be a scam, though.

•  bnr204 bnr204 Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

feel free to PM me if you want more information.

• CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 9:57pm #8

Reviewing the information, it seems to be just a "connection" site. In basic form it notes golf connections, business, Etc. So it seems joining implies you connect with "potentially" other members at other courses, and I guess business aspects from there? Not sure what it offers beyond that since there is no other info.

Edit: It notes up front if "your a member at an existing club".....

•  bnr204 bnr204 Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

@CDM (and everyone else). i have an egc membership. no comment as to what i paid for it, if i paid at all. will gladly share details privately,.

• jc88jc88 Members Posts: 20 ✭✭

I don't think I'd sign up...

• CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ bnr204 said:
    @CDM (and everyone else). i have an egc membership. no comment as to what i paid for it, if i paid at all. will gladly share details privately,.

bnr204 appreciate the offer. I am not overly interested as I have barely enough time to play currently with business, 16 year old and a wife LOL If something changes I will shot you a pm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file