Miura CB 501

moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 271 ✭✭✭✭

I have found what I believe is a good deal on a set of these, and I am curious to hear your thoughts. I have been playing golf for two years now, and I currently play off of a 5. My gamers right now are 714 ap2s. Thank you!

Comments

• tincup_jefftincup_jeff Members Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

What made you want to try Miura's? If you are 'truly' a 5, then these irons are easily playable for you then. I think the turf interaction will be better than the AP2's

• moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 271 ✭✭✭✭

@tincup_jeff said:
    What made you want to try Miura's? If you are 'truly' a 5, then these irons are easily playable for you then. I think the turf interaction will be better than the AP2's

A buddy of mine has some, and I hit them today, and they felt amazing. I am truly a five and a decent ball striker. He is scratch but he was assuring me that I could play them. I usually want to go for as much help as I can stand the look of, but I must say that the Miuras are very nice. Are there any other models I should be looking at?

• tincup_jefftincup_jeff Members Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

@moorebaseball said:

@tincup_jeff said:

A buddy of mine has some, and I hit them today, and they felt amazing. I am truly a five and a decent ball striker. He is scratch but he was assuring me that I could play them. I usually want to go for as much help as I can stand the look of, but I must say that the Miuras are very nice. Are there any other models I should be looking at?

Absolutely...I have to say the new Titleist line (T100/ CB/MB) is absolutely amazing. I hit them yesterday and they have almost no offset and the T100 has higher ball speeds off the face. It almost looks like a blade at address. The T100 is an absolutely gorgeous club to look at, and it has the tech under the hood.

The CB57 is amazing (I've owned them several times....I'm an iron set HO and get new irons once a month it seems like through BST). The new Titleist line...you have to try them.

If you are going to get some CB 57's....get them on Ebay. 4-pw for a set that's not too beat up will run you around $700-900. Then if you don't like them...BST on here or back to ebay they go. DON'T buy them new...you'll lose too much money when you go to sell.

Just my .02.

@tincup_jeff said:

@moorebaseball said:

@tincup_jeff said:

Absolutely...I have to say the new Titleist line (T100/ CB/MB) is absolutely amazing. I hit them yesterday and they have almost no offset and the T100 has higher ball speeds off the face. It almost looks like a blade at address. The T100 is an absolutely gorgeous club to look at, and it has the tech under the hood.

The CB57 is amazing (I've owned them several times....I'm an iron set HO and get new irons once a month it seems like through BST). The new Titleist line...you have to try them.

If you are going to get some CB 57's....get them on Ebay. 4-pw for a set that's not too beat up will run you around $700-900. Then if you don't like them...BST on here or back to ebay they go. DON'T buy them new...you'll lose too much money when you go to sell.

Just my .02.

I have hit the new t100 and the 620 CBs, and I must say they are both extremely nice! They are the best feeling Titleist irons I have ever hit. That is the way I am leaning right now, because everything Titleist just seems to fit my eye and swing.

I am interested in Miura's and Epons as well. Its's just hard to justify the extra cost if they do feel and perform better. Thanks for the help!!!

• hurley999shurley999s Members Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

If you’re looking at Miura, take a look at the CB1008 also. Much cleaner look than the CB501 imo (and newer). You should be able to grab a set used and in great shape on the bay for 7-900 also. Very nice CB design that looks blade-like as well (well compared to GI). I have a set and am definitely not a 5, but I don’t feel like I’m penalized by them. Many misses are definitely playable and the ones that aren’t still wouldn’t be with GI irons.

@hurley999s said:
    If you’re looking at Miura, take a look at the CB1008 also. Much cleaner look than the CB501 imo (and newer). You should be able to grab a set used and in great shape on the bay for 7-900 also. Very nice CB design that looks blade-like as well (well compared to GI). I have a set and am definitely not a 5, but I don’t feel like I’m penalized by them. Many misses are definitely playable and the ones that aren’t still wouldn’t be with GI irons.

Thanks for the recommendation! I am also curious to how the CB57 compares with the two models mentioned. Does anyone have any comparisons between the Cb57s and the 501s?

• OleVirginiaOleVirginia Members Posts: 101 ✭✭✭

I have a set (4-pw) that I got off of BST a month or 2 ago on a whim. Currently shafted in UST Recoil Prototype 125 f5(x) flex shafts with the P head separate. Love the feel but will likely reshaft in Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S. That being said, PM me if interested, these were a 'just for fun' purchase.

TBM

@OleVirginia said:
    I have a set (4-pw) that I got off of BST a month or 2 ago on a whim. Currently shafted in UST Recoil Prototype 125 f5(x) flex shafts with the P head separate. Love the feel but will likely reshaft in Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S. That being said, PM me if interested, these were a 'just for fun' purchase.

TBM

Which heads? Sorry there have been 3 in discussion lol.

• OleVirginiaOleVirginia Members Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
  • JwagsJwags AustraliaMembers Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 8:34am #11

I currently game the CB501's and have 716 AP2 as my back up set. Both with the same x100 shafts and same lofts. They are the same size heads but Miura has a bit more offset and the AP2 sole is twice as thick as the Miura. AP2 is more forgiving on toe hits. I sometimes swap in the AP2 4 iron in as the CB501 4 iron is a butter knife. If you are a 5 then you will have no issues gaming the CB501 they are plenty forgiving and feel amazing when stuck correctly. I find them easier to shape then the AP2. I have owned and gamed CB57 in the past and preferred the CB501 and AP2 but they all play very similar i was just hitting the CB57 higher then i would like with the same shafts.

TM M2(2016) GD Tour ADDI 7X
    Titleist 915FD 15* Veylux Rome 888 X
    Titleist 818H2 20* GD Tour ADDI 95S
    Miura CB501 4-PW TT DG TI X100
    Titleist TI Raw SM6 Vokey 50/54/58 TI DG S400
    Lajosi LP7

@Jwags said:
    I currently game the CB501's and have 716 AP2 as my back up set. Both with the same x100 shafts and same lofts. They are the same size heads but Miura has a bit more offset and the AP2 sole is twice as thick as the Miura. AP2 is more forgiving on toe hits. I sometimes swap in the AP2 4 iron in as the CB501 4 iron is a butter knife. If you are a 5 then you will have no issues gaming the CB501 they are plenty forgiving and feel amazing when stuck correctly. I find them easier to shape then the AP2. I have owned and gamed CB57 in the past and preferred the CB501 and AP2 but they all play very similar i was just hitting the CB57 higher then i would like with the same shafts.

This is great feedback! As of right now, I am thinking the new Titleist Cbs, t100, or Miura cb57. I wish there was somewhere I could hit the miuras.

• farmerfarmer Members Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Two years in and you're a 5?!! Way to go!

@farmer said:
    Two years in and you're a 5?!! Way to go!

Last year I was around a 15, and I have been working with a coach twice a month for close to a year now, and practicing a lot. I have seen huge improvements, which has made the addiction even worse hahaha! Gotta love this game!

• shinobishinobi Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 12:50am #15

I currently play with the PP 9003 iron set with KBS Tour 120 S shafts and love them! I did have the Mizunos JPX 900 Forged (JDM) but recently traded them in for some 716 AP2s with the KBS C-Taper so will see if these get more game time instead of my Miura's!

Post edited by shinobi on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file