Ping Grips on EBay real?

GRJ_PING ·  
GRJ_PINGGRJ_PING Members  36WRX Points: 38Posts: 36 Bunkers

I need a set of Ping yellow/gold grips and I have hear through the grape vine that Ping is getting out of the grip business. Whether that is true or not Ping grips are terribly hard to find unless you send in your clubs. I was wondering if these 13 pack sets on EBay that come from china are the real deal. 15 years ago I would say they are knockoffs but since
99.9% of everything is made there - I’m not shocked either way. Thoughts?

Posted:

Comments

• RitocopRitocop MichiganMembers  130WRX Points: 37Handicap: 4Posts: 130 Fairways

Golfworks? Also doubt ping would stop with making grips. They changed over to Tour Velvets/360s but the ID grips and ping man putter grips are still popular.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9 
    Ping G410 3&5
    Ping G410 4/5 
    I500 6-UW
    Glide 2.0 54/58
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale
    Chrome Soft
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ohioglfrohioglfr Municipal Junkie Dayton, OhioMembers  930WRX Points: 199Handicap: 16Posts: 930 Golden Tee

I wouldn’t buy them.
    I just got burned on some fake Winn grips. They looked pretty close to the genuine article but the wrappers were not right and the grips stank (obviously not the same compound).
    Pay a little more and get genuine from a solid retailer.

Posted:

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S)
    Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R)
    Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R)
    Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R)
    Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R)
    Ping Darby Sigma G

• GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2027WRX Points: 1,439Posts: 2,027 Platinum Tees

On -, @GRJ_PING said:

I need a set of Ping yellow/gold grips and I have hear through the grape vine that Ping is getting out of the grip business. Whether that is true or not Ping grips are terribly hard to find unless you send in your clubs. I was wondering if these 13 pack sets on EBay that come from china are the real deal. 15 years ago I would say they are knockoffs but since
    99.9% of everything is made there - I’m not shocked either way. Thoughts?

While lots of golf equipment is now made in China, virtually no legit golf equipment is sold directly from China.

Posted:
  • typhoonoidtyphoonoid Members  948WRX Points: 123Posts: 948 Golden Tee

For grips most of them are made in Taiwan actually. So if they coming from China almost certainly fake.

Posted:

WITB:
    Ping G410 Plus Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S
    Ping G 3W Fujikura Pro 63s
    Ping G25 3H, 4H
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW KBS C-Taper Lite S
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56* ES
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60*
    Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H3 Stability Shaft
    Srixon Z-Star Yellow
    Ping DLX Cart Bag

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.