GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Changing ball from Pinnacle Gold (2014) advice

 HonestPlayer ·  
HonestPlayerHonestPlayer Members  264WRX Points: 97Posts: 264 Greens
Joined:  edited Aug 10, 2019 in Golf Balls #1

What is a good 2019 ball to change to from 2014 Pinnacle Gold's? I like low spinning balls. Lower spinning the better. I thought maybe there was a 2019 ball out there with better technology than the Pinnacle Gold 2014 ball. It's a very hard ball for all shots, low spinning. My wedges stop quick with this ball.

I prefer harder covers generally, I feel like I'm hitting air with some Pro v1x's I bought, they spin way too much from the tee, in my opinion less feel as they are so soft and very expensive. I've used Maxfli noodles in the past that were ok ish and Pro v1 a few years back (another ball that spun too much for me and way too soft lacking feel)

I still have decent stock of the 2014 Pinnacle, but no harm looking about . Especially when I read up on the effect of yellow ball, seeing it better etc. All the balls I have are white.

Thanks

HonestPlayer

Posted:

Most birdies in a round in 2019 - 3
Holes in ones career - 1
Split Grip Birdie COUNTER - 1

1

Comments

  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6699WRX Points: 320Posts: 6,699 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 11, 2019 #2

    On -, @HonestPlayer said:

    What is a good 2019 ball to change to from 2014 Pinnacle Gold's? I like low spinning balls. Lower spinning the better. I thought maybe there was a 2019 ball out there with better technology than the Pinnacle Gold 2014 ball. It's a very hard ball for all shots, low spinning. My wedges stop quick with this ball.

    I prefer harder covers generally, I feel like I'm hitting air with some Pro v1x's I bought, they spin way too much from the tee, in my opinion less feel as they are so soft and very expensive. I've used Maxfli noodles in the past that were ok ish and Pro v1 a few years back (another ball that spun too much for me and way too soft lacking feel)

    I still have decent stock of the 2014 Pinnacle, but no harm looking about . Especially when I read up on the effect of yellow ball, seeing it better etc. All the balls I have are white.

    Thanks

    HonestPlayer

    E6 in yellow. Both are two piece balls. E6 will give you a straight ball and 2019 technology in yellow.

    https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bridgestone-e6-to-feature-new-two-piece-construction-with-same-focus-on-flight-and-feel-benefits-of-low-compression

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers  3494WRX Points: 278Posts: 3,494 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3

    Titleist Velocity
    Snell Get Sum

    Posted:
  • Song DogSong Dog Members  111WRX Points: 53Posts: 111 Fairways
    Joined:  #4

    Have ya thought about trying some of the Pinnacle Rush's? I have found them to be a very decent ball

    Posted:
  • HonestPlayerHonestPlayer Members  264WRX Points: 97Posts: 264 Greens
    Joined:  #5

    Velocity is tempting. All good suggestions.

    Posted:

    Most birdies in a round in 2019 - 3
    Holes in ones career - 1
    Split Grip Birdie COUNTER - 1

  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5012WRX Points: 840Posts: 5,012 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6

    If you're near central NJ, I have some balls I'll give you to try out.

    Posted:
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6699WRX Points: 320Posts: 6,699 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #7

    On -, @LeoLeo99 said:

    If you're near central NJ, I have some balls I'll give you to try out.

    On -, @HonestPlayer said:

    Velocity is tempting. All good suggestions.

    The Velocity comes in a sparkly orange. I imagine it has decent visibility. Have only played it in white. Feels very nice for a firmer straight ball. But, impossible to hold the greens.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • xkilgorextroutxxkilgorextroutx Members  359WRX Points: 85Handicap: 19.5Posts: 359 Greens
    Joined:  #8

    ProV1x feels soft? Gotta be the first time I've ever read that.

    Posted:
  • HonestPlayerHonestPlayer Members  264WRX Points: 97Posts: 264 Greens
    Joined:  edited Aug 12, 2019 #9

    On -, @xkilgorextroutx said:

    ProV1x feels soft? Gotta be the first time I've ever read that.

    Has no feel compared to Pinnacle Gold's. But Pinnacle Gold's are a rock, but I like to feel like I'm hitting a ball not air.>

    On -, @Tanner25 said:

    On -, @LeoLeo99 said:

    If you're near central NJ, I have some balls I'll give you to try out.

    On -, @HonestPlayer said:

    Velocity is tempting. All good suggestions.

    The Velocity comes in a sparkly orange. I imagine it has decent visibility. Have only played it in white. Feels very nice for a firmer straight ball. But, impossible to hold the greens.

    I don't mind pitching in front for approaches and my wedges quick with Pinnacle Gold's anyway if I land on greens - hop and stop. My main thing is trying to keep it in play off the tee whilst advancing the ball as far as possible safely. I'm ok with 2 piece from inside 160 yards.

    Pinnacle Gold is a good ball for me. Looks like the velocity is basically the same ball from reading the forums! Maybe I should just stick with Golds!

    Posted:

    Most birdies in a round in 2019 - 3
    Holes in ones career - 1
    Split Grip Birdie COUNTER - 1

  • deepreddeepred Members  352WRX Points: 104Handicap: 12Posts: 352 Greens
    Joined:  #10

    Nicklaus Blue, long, firm and decent spin numbers.

    Posted:
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
    Maltby MXU 23* 
    Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
    Wilson Pi5 6-PW
    Wilson JP 55* SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ray Cook M2 Mallet
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6699WRX Points: 320Posts: 6,699 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #11

    On -, @HonestPlayer said:

    On -, @xkilgorextroutx said:

    ProV1x feels soft? Gotta be the first time I've ever read that.

    Has no feel compared to Pinnacle Gold's. But Pinnacle Gold's are a rock, but I like to feel like I'm hitting a ball not air.>

    On -, @Tanner25 said:

    On -, @LeoLeo99 said:

    If you're near central NJ, I have some balls I'll give you to try out.

    On -, @HonestPlayer said:

    Velocity is tempting. All good suggestions.

    The Velocity comes in a sparkly orange. I imagine it has decent visibility. Have only played it in white. Feels very nice for a firmer straight ball. But, impossible to hold the greens.

    I don't mind pitching in front for approaches and my wedges quick with Pinnacle Gold's anyway if I land on greens - hop and stop. My main thing is trying to keep it in play off the tee whilst advancing the ball as far as possible safely. I'm ok with 2 piece from inside 160 yards.

    Pinnacle Gold is a good ball for me. Looks like the velocity is basically the same ball from reading the forums! Maybe I should just stick with Golds!

    Nah that's boring. There was another Pinn Gold lover here a while back, then he went to Pinn soft and swore by it. Seems to be two different ball categories though.

    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.