***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Toulon Vegas Vs. Scotty Cameron Phantom x7

RodrigoNicely ·  
RodrigoNicelyRodrigoNicely Members  1055WRX Points: 227Posts: 1,055 Platinum Tees

Narrowed it down to these putters. Have been able to roll the Cameron but not the Vegas. Would like to hear some feedback on how they are.

Posted:

Comments

• Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members  4914WRX Points: 556Posts: 4,914 Titanium Tees

For me the Las Vegas looks way better, but the Phantom felt better.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3509WRX Points: 212Posts: 3,509 Titanium Tees

Why pay $500 for the Toulon when an Odyssey 7s or something like the mxm 7 is like $100? The phantom is somewhat unique in shape at least...

Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • collindm1collindm1 Members  204WRX Points: 97Posts: 204 Fairways

Phantom x7 for me!

Posted:
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members  861WRX Points: 110Posts: 861 Golden Tee

Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1529WRX Points: 565Handicap: 12Posts: 1,529 Platinum Tees

The Toulon every day of the week. Softer than a Scotty by a mile.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 17* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-PW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 50F, 54D & 58M, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members  1534WRX Points: 478Handicap: 1Posts: 1,534 Platinum Tees

It's all personal preference. If you are able, find a Vegas to roll. Think about what you love and don't love about each. Be specific, like the alignment, feel of the ball off the face, confidence standing over the ball, feedback, etc... You'll get your answer. If you don't, buy both slightly used already. Then in a few months, sell the one that you didn't love as much.

Posted:

-Cobra F8+ driver w/ Tensei pro orange -TS3 15* w/ T1100 Evenflow -818 H2 17* w/ Atmos -816 H2 19* w/ Motore Speeder -MP64's with Ctapers

-Vokeys 46.06, 52.12, 60.04/60.07 -Kari Lajosi Copper Sensor Long Neck/Kingston KP1 welded Long neck

Advertisement
  • MeanmachinemoeMeanmachinemoe Members  1427WRX Points: 134Posts: 1,427 Platinum Tees

I tested both extensively. Toulon is the best feeling, looking, etc... But, resale value is awful. Something us WRXers have to consider.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Red 5R
    Mizuno CLK 16* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder 75
    Callaway Rogue 4-AW TT XP95 R300
    Callaway MD4 54/12 W Grind
    Callaway MD4 58/12 W Grind
    Bettinardi 2020 Innovai 6.0 Crescent Neck
  • gridironesqgridironesq Roseville, CAMembers  621WRX Points: 118Handicap: Lack of focus Posts: 621 Golden Tee

Toulon putters have far better feel than Scotty’s. Used to love my 2014 Newport 2, but bought a Toulon Portland without being able to try it first and sooo happy I did. I’ll be buying a Vegas used for next season for the additional size and alignment help.

Posted:
    Current Gamers
    MAVRIK 10.5*, FUJI PRO 53 STIFF
    TEE XCG5 +3, 5, 7 Fwys 
    MIZUNO JPX 921 HOT METAL PRO 6-GW
    CALLAWAY MD 4 - 56*, 60*
    TOULON AUSTIN STROKE LAB 33”
    2020 TOUR B-RX (Fall/Winter)
    2019 PROV1X (Summer)
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members  3098WRX Points: 237Posts: 3,098 Titanium Tees

Is the Toulon you're considering a stroke lab model?
    I'd strongly suggest that you try one if you haven't, even if it's a different model. To my surprise, I like the stroke lab shaft more with Odyssey models than the Toulon ones.

Posted:
  • collindm1collindm1 Members  204WRX Points: 97Posts: 204 Fairways

not a fan of toulon feel compared to cameron. I would go phantom all day personally - i've tested both putters.

Posted:
  • pakpak Members  210WRX Points: 115Posts: 210 Fairways

I’ve tried both and prefer the looks, alignment and feel of the Toulon Stroke Lab.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX  4841WRX Points: 556Handicap: 3.2Posts: 4,841 ClubWRX

I have tried both and was impressed with the Toulon. Feel is SO much better to me... Also looks better IMO.

Posted:
    Taylormade M6 9*
    Titleist 917f2 16.5* 
    Titleist 915h 21* 
    Srixon Z745 4-P
    Mizuno T20 50, 54, 58
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

• Weezer2Weezer2 Members  176WRX Points: 68Posts: 176 Fairways

I’ve always loved the #7 shape but could never get along with it due to the insert. My distance control was always off. I just picked up a Las Vegas from CPO. I got the flow neck version with the standard shaft and put on an Odyssey dfx pistol grip. It has been money from everywhere. Alignment and distance control are spot on. Loving this putter.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Alta CB
    Callaway X2 Hot 4 Wood 17* Aldila Tour Blue 
    TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19* Aldila NV 
    Mizuno EZ Forged 4-GW XP 95 
    Cleveland CBX 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Odyssey #7 White Ice - 34 inches
    Srixon Q Star Tour
  • dingerz25dingerz25 Members  5WRX Points: 8Posts: 5 Bunkers
    Posted:
  • drscott266drscott266 Members  667WRX Points: 221Posts: 667 Golden Tee

Just switched from a Toulon Las Vegas to a Phantom X 5.5, mainly on a whim but I had credit at my shop. The Phantom has a different feel to me, almost more solid on pure strikes. I find the two tone and alignment dots to help with aiming, and I like the more compact fangs compared to the Las Vegas. Overall it comes to down to if you are a Cameron fan or not, as the extreme looks of the Futura wear off over time. I rolled it once when waiting for a grip to be put on and just kept thinking about it. Read up on it here and went back to roll it again to confirm the feel. Probably won’t get to game it for a bit but so far the initial rolls make me feel confident. I would say the biggest difference will be the weighting compared to my stroke lab, which the phantom feels more head heavy and normal to me.

Posted:
  • rwhitlockrwhitlock Members  48WRX Points: 45Handicap: 5Posts: 48 Bunkers

I had a Scotty X5 and switched to the Toulon Las Vegas h7 and absolutely love it! For me I can line it up better and hit my lines better. It seems a bit more upright, which is good for me. With that being said, you really need to roll both of them and go with the one YOU like best. Nothing better than getting over a putt and just knowing you love you putter :)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • drscott266drscott266 Members  667WRX Points: 221Posts: 667 Golden Tee

I retract my previous statement. The Cameron fan in me dies hard, but the Phantom just doesn’t feel as good as my Toulon. I think I had a bad stretch of putting and naturally wanted to blame the putter, but it’s always the person putting that needs blame. The Vegas is the best feeling mallet I have come across... the Toulon diamond milling in general is very nice feeling. I am also a fan of stroke lab and have seen no downside to it yet, not to say standard shafts don’t work either but I have no negative comments about SL. I will say the best feeling putter to me ever still is my non insert Cameron Studio Select, but the Toulon offers better forgiveness.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.