TaylorMade TP Patina Collection

Golfer_1993Golfer_1993 Members Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭✭

The new TaylorMade TP Patina Collection is live on the website, along with the new P790 and MG2. here are the putters:

For lefties: Ardmore 2, Ardmore 3, DuPage and Soto.

«1

Comments

  • SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    Taylormade M5 - PX Hzrdus HC Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade M4 3W - Fuji Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Taylormade M3 3H - PX Hzrdus HC Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130X
    Titleist Vokey SM7- 50* 54* 60* - DG S400
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #3
    ProV1 X

  • scottb15scottb15 Members Posts: 286 ✭✭✭✭

    Barf

    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 913 FD 15
    Titleist 913 H 21
    Taylormade CB Irons 4-9
    Vokey SM5 48-2/50
    Vokey SM4 54/60
    Nike Method Proto 006
    Titleist NXT Tour S[/font]
  • gprubesgprubes twit: @shaeggy Members Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You put a slant neck on that Del Monte and I'm 100% in!!

    • Taylormade M3 440 9° - Fuji Motore Tour Spec VC 6.2 S
    • Ping G400 14.5° - Alta CB 75 S
    • Taylormade P790 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120 S
    • Honma TW737 18° - Vizard Type-Z 70 S 
    • Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S
    • Odyssey O-Works Black 1 Wide S w/Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc
  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

    I'm definitely intrigued by the Ardmore 3 and the Soto in this line. The Del Monte looks good too I used a very similar putter a few years back. A change with these putters is they have a 5mm thick aluminum insert to match the thickness of the insert in the Spider X for better feel. Also the stock weights are different than previous TP putters. The shorter the length of the putter, the heavier the sole weights. For instance, the Soto the 35" putter comes stock with 7.5g weights and the 34" putter comes stock with 15g weights. Previous TP putters had the same stock weights no matter the length of the putter. There are also more options to purchase weights on the website which will include 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, and 20 gram weights.

    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 12, 2019 2:29pm #6

    @SUPERG said:
    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    I agree, I love me a double bend face balanced blade. I think the price is decent these days as well.

    EDIT** Looks like it is a single bend. Still good though.

    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    I agree, I love me a double bend face balanced blade. I think the price is decent these days as well.

    EDIT** Looks like it is a single bend. Still good though.

    Yea either bend is good! Just wish it was a black shaft. Glad TM got in on the "1 WIDE" game regardless.

    Taylormade M5 - PX Hzrdus HC Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade M4 3W - Fuji Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Taylormade M3 3H - PX Hzrdus HC Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130X
    Titleist Vokey SM7- 50* 54* 60* - DG S400
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #3
    ProV1 X

  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @SUPERG said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    I agree, I love me a double bend face balanced blade. I think the price is decent these days as well.

    EDIT** Looks like it is a single bend. Still good though.

    Yea either bend is good! Just wish it was a black shaft. Glad TM got in on the "1 WIDE" game regardless.

    The only thing that I would like more is a long neck face balanced Juno.

    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • T-WT-W Members Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

    Does the 'Patina' name mean that they are a raw finish and will rust over time?

  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,776 ClubWRX

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    I agree, I love me a double bend face balanced blade. I think the price is decent these days as well.

    EDIT** Looks like it is a single bend. Still good though.

    Yea either bend is good! Just wish it was a black shaft. Glad TM got in on the "1 WIDE" game regardless.

    The only thing that I would like more is a long neck face balanced Juno.

    PREACH! Some more long neck options at retail would be great.

    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Does anyone know the head weights of the putters? I know adjustable, but don't see any actual weights listed anywhere.

  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @cvhookem63 said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    I agree, I love me a double bend face balanced blade. I think the price is decent these days as well.

    EDIT** Looks like it is a single bend. Still good though.

    Yea either bend is good! Just wish it was a black shaft. Glad TM got in on the "1 WIDE" game regardless.

    The only thing that I would like more is a long neck face balanced Juno.

    PREACH! Some more long neck options at retail would be great.

    I have a newport 2 Teryllium on hold, I am considering finding someone cut the neck off and weld on a long neck. Or just not getting it at all.

    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • ASN21ASN21 #TeamTaylorMade Bay AreaMembers Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

    @T-W said:
    Does the 'Patina' name mean that they are a raw finish and will rust over time?

    Website says they will oxidize over time

    TaylorMade M6 10.5 - Aldila Rogue Black
    TaylorMade M6 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade GAPR HI 3 & 4 - KBS Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 5-AW - Project X LZ
    TaylorMade Milled Grind HI-TOE 56 & 60 - KBS HI-REV 2.0
    TaylorMade My Spider X
    TaylorMade TP5/X

  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,147 ClubWRX

    @ASN21 said:

    @T-W said:
    Does the 'Patina' name mean that they are a raw finish and will rust over time?

    Website says they will oxidize over time

    I'm guessing it will be like the Hi-Toe finish and the exposed copper portions will oxidize. Not 100% on that, however.

    I just put a Black Copper Soto into the bag last week, but I'm eager to try the new model. The finish looks great and my only minor complaint with the Black Copper was the feel could be slightly better. Hoping the changes to a thicker insert will improve that.

    TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M2 T3 (2016 deep face), Graphite Design Purple Ice 85X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

    jll62's WITB
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭

    I'm a big fan of the Newport 1.5/Santa Fe. Will be interesting to see if they ever actually stock the Soto, have wanted to try one since they were first released but have never seen a single one in the flesh while all the other models are always in stock at my local PGASS.

    "We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

    Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Titleist AP3 3 - 5 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
    Custom Edel E3
    Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
  • tdk8180tdk8180 Members Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Cool line of putters from TaylorMade

  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,776 ClubWRX

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @cvhookem63 said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    I agree, I love me a double bend face balanced blade. I think the price is decent these days as well.

    EDIT** Looks like it is a single bend. Still good though.

    Yea either bend is good! Just wish it was a black shaft. Glad TM got in on the "1 WIDE" game regardless.

    The only thing that I would like more is a long neck face balanced Juno.

    PREACH! Some more long neck options at retail would be great.

    I have a newport 2 Teryllium on hold, I am considering finding someone cut the neck off and weld on a long neck. Or just not getting it at all.

    Bastain Milled specializes in this. He chops them off, makes his own necks, and welds them on. He is the only one that I know of, and he does great work from what I have seen. He doesn't have much detail on his website - he is more active on instagram.

    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @cvhookem63 said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @cvhookem63 said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:

    @QuigleyDU said:

    @SUPERG said:
    Del Monte looks sick!! Love the look of these, a little more elegant than the first rendition.

    I agree, I love me a double bend face balanced blade. I think the price is decent these days as well.

    EDIT** Looks like it is a single bend. Still good though.

    Yea either bend is good! Just wish it was a black shaft. Glad TM got in on the "1 WIDE" game regardless.

    The only thing that I would like more is a long neck face balanced Juno.

    PREACH! Some more long neck options at retail would be great.

    I have a newport 2 Teryllium on hold, I am considering finding someone cut the neck off and weld on a long neck. Or just not getting it at all.

    Bastain Milled specializes in this. He chops them off, makes his own necks, and welds them on. He is the only one that I know of, and he does great work from what I have seen. He doesn't have much detail on his website - he is more active on instagram.

    Thanks, Good info.

    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

    @Jarlaxle said:
    I'm a big fan of the Newport 1.5/Santa Fe. Will be interesting to see if they ever actually stock the Soto, have wanted to try one since they were first released but have never seen a single one in the flesh while all the other models are always in stock at my local PGASS.

    Noticed the same thing at my local PGA SS. Never had the Soto in stock but I was able to purchase one at a 2nd Swing and also saw them available at Golf Galaxy's. I think the Soto previously was more of a limited model and after the Rory craze last spring supply went fast. All of these models will be in stock at PGA SS.

    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X
  • MKPAPAMKPAPA Long Beach, CaliforniaClubWRX Posts: 480 ClubWRX

    Very nice finish on these!

    i'm playing nike everything till i'm not

  • GolfBum82GolfBum82 Major Winner Members Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭✭

    same stuff just a different finish. I want a tri sole Juno

  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Over priced mass produced garbage.
    They'll have a new version out before Christmas.

    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0
    Rogue 17* Atmos Blue TS or Xhot 15* OG Blueboard 73s
    G 410 19* Tour 85 R
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage S
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s 
    RTX4 54/10 and 58/8 2 dots
    Bettinardi BB1/ Toulon Madison H1 neck (L)
    Some kind of 3 or 4 piece urethane covered soft feeling ball
  • neillmacparguyneillmacparguy Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

    Love the Ardmore and the Juno!

    Neill A. MacLeod III
    Greenwood, NS
    Callaway Epic 9 deg
    Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
    Adams Black Super Hybrid 15deg
    Miura CB-501 irons
    Scotty Cameron Fastback 34”

  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    why...why do they have to stamp 303 on the bumpers...it looks terrible.

    smh.

    Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / HZRDUS Smoke Green Hulk 60 6.5TX tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

  • buntabunta Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @GolfBum82 said:
    I want a tri sole Juno

    same same. no weights. no logos.

    TS3, s55, SM7, Juno
  • MontanagolfMontanagolf Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

    @gioguy21 said:
    why...why do they have to stamp 303 on the bumpers...it looks terrible.

    smh.

    I agree...just not great looking and mostly a repeat of the black copper line with a different finish...

  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Will the weights that fit the Copper line fit these as well??

  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    No center shafted why does no one like them.

    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

    I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Because no one buys them in the retail space

    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • SUPERGSUPERG Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

    @gioguy21 said:
    why...why do they have to stamp 303 on the bumpers...it looks terrible.

    smh.

    Yea the 303 looks real cheap.

    Taylormade M5 - PX Hzrdus HC Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade M4 3W - Fuji Atmos TS Blue 8X
    Taylormade M3 3H - PX Hzrdus HC Black 105 6.5
    Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130X
    Titleist Vokey SM7- 50* 54* 60* - DG S400
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #3
    ProV1 X

  • Trying4BetterTrying4Better Members Posts: 131 ✭✭✭

    Del Monte looks great, butttttttttttttttt I can't get it. Thanks for **** us lefties over again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file