GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

TaylorMade TP Patina Series Putters

2»

Comments

• jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX  2391WRX Points: 688Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,391 ClubWRX

Had a chance to roll some of these over the weekend and here are my thoughts:

Coming from a TP Black Copper Soto, I was curious if the feel of the Patina line would be different with its thicker insert, and there is a slight change. I perceive the sound of impact to be slightly lower in pitch, which for me translates to a bit of a softer feel. It still feels crisp, however, and not mushy. I like it.

I'm not a fan of alignment aids on the top line, so I like the change that was made to the Juno in this lineup. I wish you could get the Juno head with the flow neck of the Soto. that would be ideal. Oh well.

I think the Del Monte could be a sleeper hit if people give these a chance. It sets up great.

Finally, I like the new finish, but these would look great with a black shaft. If I end up getting one, I may reshaft.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 3, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade P750 4-PW, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy JDay Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MattM97MattM97 Members  1432WRX Points: 640Posts: 1,432 Platinum Tees

I rolled the 3 LH models that my local shop had which was the Ardmore 3, DuPage and Soto.
    The insert feels firmer than the Copper collection.
    Ardmore 3 was the same as the older models just firmer feel.
    DuPage was a little odd, that hollow cut out on the flange just didn't feel good but I only putted a few times with it.
    Soto I liked the best has a real nice firm feel, no real audible click when putting. Also liked the OTR flow neck option.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Ping G410 LST - 13.5° - Aldila 2KXV Green 75X
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Tensei CK Orange Pro 90TX
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Callaway MD4 Raw 56° - Callaway PM19 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - TP Mills Handmade Trad II SIK Tour Proto - and many more.
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer 

Instagram:

• TK3309TK3309 Members  280WRX Points: 200Handicap: +2.2Posts: 280 Greens

I should be receiving my Ardmore 3 any day now. I'll report back and give a bit of a review by the end of the week. I have a previous generation Soto I can compare it to.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade SIM 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
    TaylorMade SIM Max 3-19 Hybrid Tensei White 90TX
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-6 Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P750 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 52 & 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5
  • GranthamjcGranthamjc Members  67WRX Points: 29Handicap: 10Posts: 67 Bunkers

My Del Monte came in on Friday. First off it is a gorgeous different look for a Taylormade, the finish looks great. I ordered a 34 and in hand coming from a TP Juno it feels much heavier. I have been waiting for a Taylormade Mid Mallet Blade style and now I have it. Behind the ball at setup the blade frames the ball well and the sightline makes lining up putts easy. Well struck putts feel crisp and roll well. Short range and long range lag putts are better than with my Juno, but it is at the mid range 8-12 foot putts that for me this putter shines as I seem to be making just about everything I try in that range.

Posted:
    Joel Grantham
    Fallen Oak Golf Course

TM 2018 M3 9 Degree Driver
    Tour Exotics EX10 Beta 15 Degree Fairway

3-AW TM P770 Irons Modus3 105 S+
    54 and 58 Degree EF Wedges

TM Tour Juno Blade Putter
  • sshadow2sshadow2 Members  1308WRX Points: 178Posts: 1,308 Platinum Tees

Amazing putters. I'm a fan of the Soto, Ardmore, and Juno though I did find the Juno a little heavier than I like. I will be getting a Soto soon enough.

Posted:

PING G410 Plus 9* Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 6
    Cobra KING Speedzone FW 14.5* 3W Graphite Design AD-DI
    Cobra KING F9 Hybrid 21* Fujikura Atmos 7 TS Red
    Cobra KING F9 Hybrid 24* Fujikura Atmos 7 TS Red
    Cobra Forged Tec 6-PW $-Taper Lite
    Cleveland CBX2 48* KBS C-Taper
    Cleveland CBX2 54* KBS C-Taper
    Cleveland RTX 4 60* TT DG S400
    PING Heppler Anser 2 / Evnroll 1.2 Tour Blade
    2019 Taylormade TP5 ball

• KmacKmac Members  854WRX Points: 179Posts: 854 Golden Tee

I happened to find these in my local 2nd Swing the day before they were released and I came away very impressed. The Del Monte is a sweet rolling double wide type of putter and the finish looks awesome. Sooo the next day I went to GG and after using some trade bait plus $10 in GG rewards I walked out spending $39 on my new Del Monte. Played it the next day but the greens were aerated so while I made some amazing putts it was also super inconsistent. My overall impression was very good though. It sets up fantastic, has a nice firm feel and just rolls nice. Hopefully this weekend I get on some faster more true rolling greens.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TK3309TK3309 Members  280WRX Points: 200Handicap: +2.2Posts: 280 Greens

Received my Ardmore 3 the other day and was able to roll it a bit yesterday and it feels great. I could feel the difference with the thicker insert compared to the previous TP model. When struck I felt like it was a muted/softer feel. I also went to check out the whole putter line and the looks have taken a major step forward IMO. The whole line looks like a premium line of putters. It's been noted a few times in the thread but the Del Monte I think is going to be a big hit. I couldn't miss with it at my local store the other day.

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade SIM 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
    TaylorMade SIM Max 3-19 Hybrid Tensei White 90TX
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-6 Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P750 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw 52 & 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5
  • tarrantiantarrantian Members  73WRX Points: 52Handicap: 12Posts: 73 Bunkers

My new custom Patina Soto - Just couldn't help myself...
    I went with a slightly longer than the standard 34", 3 degrees of loft vs. the stock 3.5 and ordered 20g weights to replace the 15g stock weights. Loved my 'Copper Soto' and just couldn't resist this baby - Rolls very nice.
    - Ian

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 460 Driver 9.0D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 S) 
    Taylormade M5 3 Metal 15.0D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK White 60 S) 
    Taylormade GAPR 3 Hi Hybrid Metal 19.0D* (Kuro Kage Silver Series Hybrid 80 S)
    Taylormade P790 Forged Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (3*-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115 W) (50D STD 9.0/54D STD 10.0/58D ATV 12.0)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour X Chalk Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour P) - SuperStroke Traxion Pistol GT Tour Grip
    Taylormade Soto Patina Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour P) - Golf Pride Tour Classic Midsize Putter Grip
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag (Black/Red) Taylormade TP5X Golf Ball
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart / SkyCaddie SX500 GPS / Bushnell ProXE Laser Rangefinder 
    (*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

• jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX  2391WRX Points: 688Handicap: +2.2Posts: 2,391 ClubWRX

I also just got a Patina Soto. I'm not sure yet if it will replace the Black Copper Soto I'm currently gaming, but I did like the feel of the thicker insert when I demoed the Patina.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade SIM Max Rescue 19, Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X Hybrid
    TaylorMade P790 3, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade P750 4-PW, Nippon Modus 130 stiff
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy JDay Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.