Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

TaylorMade TP Patina Series Putters

2»

Comments

• jll62jll62 MinneapolisClubWRX Posts: 2,197 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 9, 2019 5:18am #32

Had a chance to roll some of these over the weekend and here are my thoughts:

Coming from a TP Black Copper Soto, I was curious if the feel of the Patina line would be different with its thicker insert, and there is a slight change. I perceive the sound of impact to be slightly lower in pitch, which for me translates to a bit of a softer feel. It still feels crisp, however, and not mushy. I like it.

I'm not a fan of alignment aids on the top line, so I like the change that was made to the Juno in this lineup. I wish you could get the Juno head with the flow neck of the Soto. that would be ideal. Oh well.

I think the Del Monte could be a sleeper hit if people give these a chance. It sets up great.

Finally, I like the new finish, but these would look great with a black shaft. If I end up getting one, I may reshaft.

TaylorMade M5 9.0, Tensei Orange V2 70TX, 44.5"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade RSi TP 3-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Black Copper Soto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭✭

I rolled the 3 LH models that my local shop had which was the Ardmore 3, DuPage and Soto.
    The insert feels firmer than the Copper collection.
    Ardmore 3 was the same as the older models just firmer feel.
    DuPage was a little odd, that hollow cut out on the flange just didn't feel good but I only putted a few times with it.
    Soto I liked the best has a real nice firm feel, no real audible click when putting. Also liked the OTR flow neck option.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

I should be receiving my Ardmore 3 any day now. I'll report back and give a bit of a review by the end of the week. I have a previous generation Soto I can compare it to.

TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X
  • GranthamjcGranthamjc Members Posts: 56 ✭✭

My Del Monte came in on Friday. First off it is a gorgeous different look for a Taylormade, the finish looks great. I ordered a 34 and in hand coming from a TP Juno it feels much heavier. I have been waiting for a Taylormade Mid Mallet Blade style and now I have it. Behind the ball at setup the blade frames the ball well and the sightline makes lining up putts easy. Well struck putts feel crisp and roll well. Short range and long range lag putts are better than with my Juno, but it is at the mid range 8-12 foot putts that for me this putter shines as I seem to be making just about everything I try in that range.

Joel Grantham
    Fallen Oak Golf Course

TM 2018 M3 9 Degree Driver
    Tour Exotics EX10 Beta 15 Degree Fairway

3-AW TM P770 Irons Modus3 105 S+
    54 and 58 Degree EF Wedges

TM Tour Juno Blade Putter
  • sshadow2sshadow2 Members Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing putters. I'm a fan of the Soto, Ardmore, and Juno though I did find the Juno a little heavier than I like. I will be getting a Soto soon enough.

PING 410 9* Plus Tensei Orange CK 60
    PING 410 14.5* 3W LST Tensei Orange CK 70
    Titleist 818 H1 3H 19* Project X Evenflow Blue 85HY
    Titleist 818 H1 5H 23* Project X Evenflow Blue 85HY
    Callaway Apex 19 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite
    Cleveland CBX 50* and 55* KBS Hi-REV
    PING Glide 3.0 WS 60* Nippon Z-Z115
    Nike Method Midnight 006

• KmacKmac Members Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I happened to find these in my local 2nd Swing the day before they were released and I came away very impressed. The Del Monte is a sweet rolling double wide type of putter and the finish looks awesome. Sooo the next day I went to GG and after using some trade bait plus $10 in GG rewards I walked out spending $39 on my new Del Monte. Played it the next day but the greens were aerated so while I made some amazing putts it was also super inconsistent. My overall impression was very good though. It sets up fantastic, has a nice firm feel and just rolls nice. Hopefully this weekend I get on some faster more true rolling greens.

• TK3309TK3309 Members Posts: 220 ✭✭✭

Received my Ardmore 3 the other day and was able to roll it a bit yesterday and it feels great. I could feel the difference with the thicker insert compared to the previous TP model. When struck I felt like it was a muted/softer feel. I also went to check out the whole putter line and the looks have taken a major step forward IMO. The whole line looks like a premium line of putters. It's been noted a few times in the thread but the Del Monte I think is going to be a big hit. I couldn't miss with it at my local store the other day.

TaylorMade M5 Tour 9 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    TaylorMade M5 3 Wood Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS 6.5
    TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Raw 52 and Hi-Toe 58.10
    TaylorMade MySpider X Black
    Taylormade TP5X
  • tarrantiantarrantian Members Posts: 49 ✭✭

My new custom Patina Soto - Just couldn't help myself...
    I went with a slightly longer than the standard 34", 3 degrees of loft vs. the stock 3.5 and ordered 20g weights to replace the 15g stock weights. Loved my 'Copper Soto' and just couldn't resist this baby - Rolls very nice.
    - Ian

Taylormade M3 460 Driver 9.5D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 S) (9.5D)
    Taylormade M3 3HL Metal 17.0D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK White 60 S) (17.0D)
    Taylormade M3 3 Hybrid Metal 19.0D (Kuro Kage Silver Series Hybrid 80 S) (19.0D)
    Taylormade P790 Forged Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115 W) (50D STD 9.0/54D STD 10.0/58D ATV 12.0)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Evnroll ER1.2 TourBlade (34.25"/385G) Golf Pride Tour Classic Midsize Putter Grip
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag (Black/Red) Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    Taylormade TP5X Golf Ball
    SkyCaddie SX500 GPS Bushnell ProX2 Laser Rangefinder

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file