Knock Off Golf Prides

drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wanting to switch to a midsize grip but not really wanting to spend $150+ on new grips, I like cord. I have seen a bunch of listings for GP NDMC on eBay and it says they are factory blems but I realize they are probably knock offs. My question is what will be the real difference between them and the real thing? Feel, look, durability? Could they maybe be just as good?

Ping G410 LST Fujikura EVO IV 661x 
Ping G400 14.5 Fujikura EVO IV 757x 
Ping i500 3i Ad 95x
Ping iBlade DG TI X-100 Black Onyx
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52/56/60 DG TI S400
Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
'19 Pro V1
Ping LE Camo Hooer '19

Comments

• M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've put knock off midsize MCC on all 13 of my clubs and i've got spares if I get/buy sell new clubs. I don't condone it but they are exactly the same, for a fraction of the cost.

COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER MATRIX RED TIE X
    COBRA F8 19* HYBRID HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S COBRA TRUSTY RUSTY 52* NIKE VR PRO 58*
    SCOTTY CAMERON CUSTOM STAMPED BLACK NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5 GOLF PRIDE MCC PLUS 4 MIDSIZE GREY
    TAYLORMADE 2019 FLEXTECH STAND BAG

• semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭

They probably won't be as durable or have the same feel since it is cheaper materials. Or they may be exactly the same, lol. But you'd have to think if they are that much cheaper, corners have to be cut somewhere.
    I bought some (what turned out to be) fake New Decades and I could tell before I put them on that they were slick. Thankfully I was able to get a refund. Of course, your experience may be different!

• desailledesaille Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thought knock offs also had a smell. Where as authentic don’t smell

• cmagnussoncmagnusson Members Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon -> Champkey

Cobra BioCell+ 8.5*D, Aldila RIP'D NV 65TX at 44.75"
    Titleist 917F2 15*, Diamana Blueboard 73X
    Titleist 917F2 18*, Matrix Deus 60X
    Srixon Z U85 20*, DG-Pro X100
    TaylorMade RBladez 5i-PW, Stiff
    Tommy Armor 845 48* PW
    Cobra Trusty Rusty 53*, 59*, DG S200
    Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Arm-lock conversion at 7*, 42"
  • PGAPankeyPGAPankey PGA Professional, Fitter, Builder Jupiter, FLMembers Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had alot of people come into my shop with knock off grips that they got off ebay that they want installed. I always let them know they are knock offs and ask if they still want them installed. You can usually tell pretty easily. The cap is the giveaway. The letters aren't formed correctly so they have some edges hanging over. They install like crap also. Don't slide on easily and the hole in the top of the grip frequently isnt big enough so the solvent won't drip out over the tape like you want it to. Then as you slide the grip on it forces the solvent out the bottom of the grip and it squirts everywhere. Doesn't always happen but i've had that happen a few times. As for the wear aspect they tend to be a little slicker and wear quicker. If its just something you want to try out that might not be the worst thing but if it's going to be a long term switch I would just get the real ones. Over the long term it's going to cost you the same price because you will get better life out of the authentic ones.

Srixon Z765 9.5* - Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.2x
    Taylormade RBZ Tour Small Head 3 wood - Graphite Design DI6x
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5* - Motore Tour Spec 8.2
    Srixon U65 20* - Aerotech Steelfiber i110
    Srixon Z745 - Aerotech Steelfiber i95
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 56* (bent to 57) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
    Cleveland TFi 2135 Elvado/Odyssey White Hot Pro 7CS
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Karma ones are decent as tour velvet replacements. I will prob use them on everything but driver from now on. Grip prices are ridiculously high.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used the Sharpro multicompound for a while and actually preferred them to GP because of the texture. But they are impossible to find anymore. It's a shame because they were way cheaper.

• Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're going to do knock off grips, at least download the ali express app so you can get them at the cheapest price, direct.

Nike Vapor Pro Aldilla RIP NL
    Nike VR Covert Tour 2.0 3W Aldilla RIP
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW Nippon Pro Modus 105
    Nike VR 54/58 S300
    Nike B1-01 Black pearl shaft, Cork Tree Pistol
    TP5X
  • BrennanfBrennanf Members Posts: 51 ✭✭

I've used the karma grips . They are ok. Was thinking about trying the karma corded grips

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file