Modus 120X users...

bigD77bigD77 Members Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

I've gamed 120's in stiff and currently play 105x...but I've been thinking of giving the 120X a try. I've always been right on the edge of stiff or X working for me (play x's in woods), but the unique profile of the 120 makes me feel like I can overpower the stiff. When I 'figure it out' and get in a groove, I've hit some of my best iron shots...I just cant seem to sustain that groove for very long. Maybe the X will tighten things up just enough to keep me confident

Wondering about you current 120X users, what your SS and transitions are like? Any of you on the fence with flex? What else were you considering for shafts at the time?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• KaexoKaexo Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 7 iron ss is around 93-94 mph. I have a pretty quick transition as well. I switched from c-taper 120s as the 120X felt so much better. I use to use Project X 6.5 LZs prior to that. 120S are here to stay.

• greenwavegolfergreenwavegolfer Members Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

Love the 120X. Have them in my Z-Forged/785 combo and they feel fantastic to me. 7i swing speed was measured at 90-92 on Trackman in my fitting. I've hit my same irons with the 120S at Roger Dunn as that's the shaft that's in their Demo Srixons and I constantly see the ball turning too far left on me. I definitely feel more in control with the 120X and like I'm not overloading and turning the ball over too much which I've noticed anecdotally in some limited experience hitting the 120S on a GCQuad.

WITB:

Ping G400 LST 10º (Playing 9º) Accra TZ5 65 M4
    Titleist T-MB 2i (17º) Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X
    Srixon Z-785 3i/4i Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Srixon Z-Forged 5i-PW Nippon Modus Tour 120X
    Titleist SM5 50º SM6 54º, 58º Dynamic Gold S200
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file