***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Golf Pride Pro Only putter grips?

SUPERG ·  
SUPERGSUPERG Members  558WRX Points: 317Posts: 558 Golden Tee

Anybody know of a release day? Golfworks has all 3 on sale but it says back ordered. Red, Blue and green star, seems like a pistol, midsize paddle, and then the green is like a thicker option. Anyway, really wanna try the red, just not sure when I’ll actually get it lol. Anybody in the know?

Posted:

Taylormade M5 - 10.5 - Diamana DF 70 TX

Taylormade Jetspeed TP 16.5 - Tour Green 95 TX

Taylormade P790 19' 3 Iron - KBS C Taper 130X

Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM7 - 50* 54* 60* - DG S400

Toulon Garage Atlanta

Comments

• Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members  964WRX Points: 300Posts: 964 Golden Tee

I think these are a re-release from 2009.

It would be cool to have reference guide and pictures (top and side profiles) of different grips. I would love to see the differences, and manufacturer websites don't always show the profile differences.

Posted:
    Have fun - ready golf - repair/replace divots & ball marks - FORE! as needed
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers  1044WRX Points: 348Posts: 1,044 Platinum Tees

I looked and didn't even see these on the GP site. They look good, nice and simple...I'd love to see more about the profiles!

Posted:
  • SUPERGSUPERG Members  558WRX Points: 317Posts: 558 Golden Tee

Just ordered a Red star version from grips4less, they said it was ready to ship! I'll update when I get it, I wish I could have at least felt and seen all 3 of these to decide witch on first but I guess it's an early release and I NEED a good traditional paddle grip. Very tired of every putter coming with a SS or some version of it.

Posted:

Toulon Garage Atlanta

• theodorebtheodoreb Members  133WRX Points: 66Posts: 133 Fairways

brand new grips from Golf Pride coming out this fall! Looks good.

Posted:

Just got mine in! I’ll install and throw a pic up. Feels nice from the get go

Posted:

Toulon Garage Atlanta

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3836WRX Points: 797Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,836 Titanium Tees

Just received the red as part of the tester program. It feels perfect. A slightly beefed up Pingman grip.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX  2203WRX Points: 206Handicap: 7.7Posts: 2,203 ClubWRX

I have green star. 88g. Love it.

Posted:
    TM Sim Driver
    TM M5 Fwy
    Callaway Super 3 Hyb
    PXG 0311 G2 Irons
    PXG 0311 Milled Wedges
    Sacks Parente Putter
    Bridgestone ball, SunMountain Bag

Ended up with red and green, LOVE the green. Red was a bit thick for me, I feel like if we want a pistol grip it should be thin. Red felt a little too full for me.

Posted:

Toulon Garage Atlanta

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3836WRX Points: 797Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,836 Titanium Tees

On -, @SUPERG said:

Ended up with red and green, LOVE the green. Red was a bit thick for me, I feel like if we want a pistol grip it should be thin. Red felt a little too full for me.

Isn't green the bigger grip between the red and green? I have the red and it's a pistol grip, just a tad fuller than a PP58.

Posted:

• OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX  2203WRX Points: 206Handicap: 7.7Posts: 2,203 ClubWRX

green is heavier, but i dont think its "bigger"

Posted:
    TM Sim Driver
    TM M5 Fwy
    Callaway Super 3 Hyb
    PXG 0311 G2 Irons
    PXG 0311 Milled Wedges
    Sacks Parente Putter
  • nova6868nova6868 Members  5032WRX Points: 366Handicap: 2.1Posts: 5,032 Titanium Tees

I have red and green. Green is obviously bigger overall but it's tall in the upper hand instead of wide.
    I would say red is similar to PP58, Lamkin Skinny pistol. Green is like an Odyssey DFX or Lamkin deep etch.

Updated with pics:

Posted:
    Post edited by nova6868 on

Advertisement

On -, @nova6868 said:

I have red and green. Green is obviously bigger overall but it's tall in the upper hand instead of wide.
    I would say red is similar to PP58, Lamkin Skinny pistol. Green is like an Odyssey DFX or Lamkin deep etch.

yea I think it reminds me so much of the deep etch, I decided to game it. The taller profile feels great to me vs wide. All great feel and material though, great departure from the superstroke flooded market.

Posted:

Toulon Garage Atlanta

• 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3509WRX Points: 212Posts: 3,509 Titanium Tees

I held these at my local GT. Thwy actually feel great. I would say they shouls sell reasonably well at $20 CDN. That being said..they are likely no better than similar style grips for half of the price.

Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902

On -, @Orlandogolfguru said:

The numbers on the grips are the volume (not weight), so green is bigger

Posted:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

The cc translates 1 to 1 in grams. So it actually is weight.

Posted:
    TM Sim Driver
    TM M5 Fwy
    Callaway Super 3 Hyb
    PXG 0311 G2 Irons
    PXG 0311 Milled Wedges
    Sacks Parente Putter

On -, @brew4eagle said:

No, cc is volume. They're relaying the overall size of the grip. If the density of the material happens to be 1 gram per cc, then the weight would have the same magnitude, but it still is false to say "it actually is weight" since cc is not a unit of weight.

Posted:
    Post edited by brew4eagle on

Advertisement

On -, @brew4eagle said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

No, cc is volume. They're relaying the overall size of the grip. If the density of the material happens to be 1 gram per cc, then the weight would have the same magnitude, but it still is false to say "it actually is weight" since cc is not a unit of weight.

Totally agree. However I have all 3 and on my scale they weigh exactly the stated cc. Like exactly. So.... ?

Posted:
    TM Sim Driver
    TM M5 Fwy
    Callaway Super 3 Hyb
    PXG 0311 G2 Irons
    PXG 0311 Milled Wedges
    Sacks Parente Putter

On -, @brew4eagle said:

On -, @brew4eagle said:

Totally agree. However I have all 3 and on my scale they weigh exactly the stated cc. Like exactly. So.... ?

So, that means they're all made with the same density material. Assuming they're all roughly the same length, then the smaller the cc the smaller the size. So red is smaller than blue, which is smaller than green.

Posted:

• J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16625WRX Points: 1,625Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,625 Titanium Tees

I love the throw back "Pro Only" on the grip.

Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

On -, @J13 said:

I like it, too. Just wish it wasn't visible at address.

Posted:

• J13J13 Dad golf MarylandMembers  16625WRX Points: 1,625Handicap: +1.6Posts: 16,625 Titanium Tees

On -, @brew4eagle said:

On -, @J13 said:

I like it, too. Just wish it wasn't visible at address.

THat's where they messed up. Should be in the original spot under the top hand.

Posted:
    Driver     -     Cobra SZ Xtreme 9* w/ Aldila RIPX 75TX
    3W         -     Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
    Hybrid   -      Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ Project X evnflow black 85X
    Utility     -     Callaway Xforged 24* / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Irons      -      Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
    Wedges -      Callaway MD5 50S, 54S, MD4 60C
    Putter    -      Odyssey Versa 6
    Ball        -      Srixon Zstar XV

WITB & Content - 
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1108083/j13s-witb-2020-irons-podcast-pics-added-pg-101/p1

Instagram
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
  • mark_panekmark_panek PennsylvaniaMembers  9WRX Points: 12Posts: 9 Bunkers

Love the feel of these grips but wish the red star grip didn’t have a curved front where your top hand goes. Can anyone recommend a grip with the shape of the red star, looking down from the top, with a flat front? Looking for something around 75 to 100 cc in rubber with a similar feel to the pro only grips. The golf pride SNSR contour is a nice shape but it is too soft and the color is awful. Pure midsize looks right but I’m worried it may be to squishy. Lambkins sink fit skinny has the same problem as the red star grip.
    Thanks

Posted:

Titleist 917 D3 Driver Fujikura speeder Pro TS 74 stiff shaft
    Titleist 917 F3 15 degree Diamana LTD White 80 stiff shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 21 degree Tensei Pro white 90HY stiff shaft
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW irons true temper dynamic gold AMT stiff shafts
    Mack Daddy 4 50 GW S200 shaft
    Cleveland CG15 54 SW
    Never Compromise Gambler Straight Putter 33" Super Stroke GTR 2.0 Pistol grip

• KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members  8051WRX Points: 629Posts: 8,051 Titanium Tees

The red star is identical to the Ping PP58/PP58 Midsize made by Golf Pride. Which makes me wonder: Did Ping design the PP58?

Posted:
    PING G400 Max 10.5° (-) | (fw tbd) | PING G410 19° (F-) | PING i25 22°, 26° | Callaway XHP 6-AW | PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES | PING Heppler Ketsch, 34.75"
    Srixon Z-Star Yellow
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX  8453WRX Points: 352Handicap: WIPPosts: 8,453 ClubWRX

Just had a green installed ....let’s Noe count the putts

serialgripper

Posted:
    SIM 8* AD TP 7tx 1.25" 
    SIM 15* ADDI 90x tipped 2"
    Titleist 2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 620 3-PW (48* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) -1* Weak loft -2* flat 620mb specs 
    TMAG MG2 52(
    On -, @53*) SB 10* , 58(
    On -, @59*) LB 9* bounce  - Tour Issue S400 (62* Lie angle) 

Piretti Potenza Sight Dot 365g |Bettinardi BB8 Trisole bare 348g | or Toulon San Diego Sight Line  - 68* Lie angle 2* of loft 
    All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX  8453WRX Points: 352Handicap: WIPPosts: 8,453 ClubWRX

On -, @drbonesvt said:

Just had a green installed ....let’s Noe count the putts

Like the Grip not as firm as I thought it would be , shape is excellent, DO NOT like the lines up the side , like painting flames 🔥 on a Ferrari

Posted:
    SIM 8* AD TP 7tx 1.25" 
    SIM 15* ADDI 90x tipped 2"
    Titleist 2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 620 3-PW (48* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) -1* Weak loft -2* flat 620mb specs 
    TMAG MG2 52(
    On -, @53*) SB 10* , 58(
    On -, @59*) LB 9* bounce  - Tour Issue S400 (62* Lie angle) 

Piretti Potenza Sight Dot 365g |Bettinardi BB8 Trisole bare 348g | or Toulon San Diego Sight Line  - 68* Lie angle 2* of loft 
    All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.