**Par:** 73

**Yardage:** 6,894

**Format:**

**September 13 & 14 (Friday - Saturday)**

Morning: Foursomes _(alternate shot)_

Afternoon: Four balls _(better ball score)_

**September 15 (Sunday)**

Singles Match Play _(all team players involved)_

**Total Points:** -- 28 -- _(US needs 14 to retain cup/Europe needs 14½ pts to Win)_

**ROSTERS**

**TEAM EUROPE:**

Celine Boutier

Carlotta Ciganda

Anne Van Dam

Jodi Ewart Shadoff

Georgia Hall

Caroline Hedwall

Charley Hull

Bronte Law

Caroline Masson

Azahara Munoz

Anna Nordqvist

Suzann Petersen

**Captain**

Catriona Matthew

**Assistants**

Laura Davies

Kathryn Imrie

Mel Reid

_______

**TEAM USA:**

Marina Alex

Brittany Altomare

Danielle Kang

Megan Khang

Jessica Korda

Nelly Korda

Stacy Lewis¹

Annie Park

Morgan Pressel

Lizette Salas

Lexi Thompson

Angel Yin

Ally Mcdonald ²

¹ WD (injury)

² Alternate (replaces Lewis)

**Captain**:

Juli Inkster

**Assistants**:

Pat Hurst

Nancy Lopez

Wendy Ward

So seeing as Captain Catriona Matthew announced her picks, thereby finalizing the European Team Roster, I thought it prudent to start the thread for this year's tournament. Being a biennial competition, I trust that there is/was no customary person that posts this event info. If so, my apologies in advance for stepping on toes.

Team USA finalizes their roster after next weeks Canadian Women's Open --- (the real major! ? ... but that's for another thread!)

> @MaineMariner said:

> Pettersen has played in two events in the last two years, one of which was a team event, and has made 0 cuts.

>

> That is a bold pick.

Very true, but I suspect that Capt. Matthews was leaning toward some experience on the squad ... there's some rookies on this squad ... in Celine, Bronte, Anne Van Dam, good players in their own right, but could probably benefit from Pettersen's presence -- especially if she's paired with Anne Van Dam. Only time will tell as to whether it was the best choice.

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @MaineMariner said:

> > Pettersen has played in two events in the last two years, one of which was a team event, and has made 0 cuts.

> >

> > That is a bold pick.

>

> Very true, but I suspect that Capt. Matthews was leaning toward some experience on the squad ... there's some rookies on this squad ... in Celine, Bronte, Anne Van Dam, good players in their own right, but could probably benefit from Pettersen's presence -- especially if she's paired with Anne Van Dam. Only time will tell as to whether it was the best choice.

Nice to see not one player who actually plays full time in Europe was picked, I guess only the Euro`s who play the LPGA matter.

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Team Europe is actually quite competitive based on 2019 LPGA order of merit:

> > Top 20: 2

> > Top 30: 2

> > Top 50: 3

> > Top 100: 4

>

> ______

> I have a suspicion that Europe will shock this year and compete strongly with a good chance to win.

Is Annika coming out of retirement?

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > Team Europe is actually quite competitive based on 2019 LPGA order of merit:

> > > Top 20: 2

> > > Top 30: 2

> > > Top 50: 3

> > > Top 100: 4

> >

> > ______

> > I have a suspicion that Europe will shock this year and compete strongly with a good chance to win.

>

> Is Annika coming out of retirement?

_________

Heck no ...and because Europe is so underappreciated or underrated which means it's a shock. ?

I think Boutier, Bronte and the 2 Spaniards will play well ...and Hull and Hall will play solidly too. Pettersen will fare well for someone that has played minimally.

Those are my thoughts at this date...but plenty can and will happen between now and September. Plus, this team needs to be evaluated against the US team after its picked.

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > Team Europe is actually quite competitive based on 2019 LPGA order of merit:

> > > > Top 20: 2

> > > > Top 30: 2

> > > > Top 50: 3

> > > > Top 100: 4

> > >

> > > ______

> > > I have a suspicion that Europe will shock this year and compete strongly with a good chance to win.

> >

> > Is Annika coming out of retirement?

>

> _________

> Heck no ...and because Europe is so underappreciated or underrated which means it's a shock. ?

>

> I think Boutier, Bronte and the 2 Spaniards will play well ...and Hull and Hall will play solidly too. Pettersen will fare well for someone that has played minimally.

>

> Those are my thoughts at this date...but plenty can and will happen between now and September. Plus, this team needs to be evaluated against the US team after its picked.

lol, I was only joking about Annika. I got nothing against the Euro's, I've grown fond of Bronte and her feisty style. Always a big fan of Anna, Carlota should damn near be at double digits in wins if she didn't blow up a hole or two on Sundays. Celine has some solid game.

Straight up stats for stats on paper, they stand no chance. But we all know how funny this game can be, one good day, one good match, one bad putt, one bad drive is all it could take. Let's hope you're right and it's a competitive event.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > Team Europe is actually quite competitive based on 2019 LPGA order of merit:

> > > > > Top 20: 2

> > > > > Top 30: 2

> > > > > Top 50: 3

> > > > > Top 100: 4

> > > >

> > > > ______

> > > > I have a suspicion that Europe will shock this year and compete strongly with a good chance to win.

> > >

> > > Is Annika coming out of retirement?

> >

> > _________

> > Heck no ...and because Europe is so underappreciated or underrated which means it's a shock. ?

> >

> > I think Boutier, Bronte and the 2 Spaniards will play well ...and Hull and Hall will play solidly too. Pettersen will fare well for someone that has played minimally.

> >

> > Those are my thoughts at this date...but plenty can and will happen between now and September. Plus, this team needs to be evaluated against the US team after its picked.

>

> lol, I was only joking about Annika. I got nothing against the Euro's, I've grown fond of Bronte and her feisty style. Always a big fan of Anna, Carlota should **** near be at double digits in wins if she didn't blow up a hole or two on Sundays. Celine has some solid game.

> Straight up stats for stats on paper, they stand no chance. But we all know how funny this game can be, one good day, one good match, one bad putt, one bad drive is all it could take. Let's hope you're right and it's a competitive event.

Or a conceded (not conceded) putt also has a similar effect. ? But, in all seriousness, match play being what it is, it means that the Euros should be competitive ... one bad hole doesn't cost you anything (except the hole). But only time will tell ... and one more cliche--making predictions is a fool's errand!

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Team Europe is actually quite competitive based on 2019 LPGA order of merit:

> > Top 20: 2

> > Top 30: 2

> > Top 50: 3

> > Top 100: 4

>

> ______

> I have a suspicion that Europe will shock this year and compete strongly with a good chance to win.

Interesting, I hope so for the sake of the spectacle but my gut was telling me it will be a blow out. I always expect USA to win easily except away in the Ryder Cup.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @18majors said:

> An in-depth Golfing World video on Azahara Munoz:

>

> [https://youtu.be/D21LuEklD5w](https://youtu.be/D21LuEklD5w "https://youtu.be/D21LuEklD5w")

Good post -- I've always like Azahara...she, was and remains a spirited player. She's had a few rough seasons a couple of year's ago as she was playing with an diagnosed illness. It turned out to be Hashimoto's Disease which is fairly debilitating. She seems to have it under control and is playing much better now.

> @18majors said:

> An in-depth Golfing World video on Azahara Munoz:

>

> [https://youtu.be/D21LuEklD5w](https://youtu.be/D21LuEklD5w "https://youtu.be/D21LuEklD5w")

Good post -- I've always like Azahara...she, was and remains a spirited player. She's had a few rough seasons a couple of year's ago as she was playing with an diagnosed illness. It turned out to be Hashimoto's Disease which is fairly debilitating. She seems to have it under control and is playing much better now.

Suzann Peterssen is back to her old fiery past:

"Preparations is everything! No excuse , just great rain gear:)) excited to play the next couple of weeks! Back in business, train hard - play easy!!! #hardworkpaysoffs"

![](https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/e7d3eec12e23a2bba346b266d6e27a59/5DD65A42/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/s750x750/67809124_102066577776764_8232822612383230672_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com "")

Brittany Altomare is rising

[https://telegram.com/news/20190817/shrewsburys-brittany-altomare-thriving-on-lpga-tour](https://www.telegram.com/news/20190817/shrewsburys-brittany-altomare-thriving-on-lpga-tour "https://telegram.com/news/20190817/shrewsburys-brittany-altomare-thriving-on-lpga-tour")

Altomare has made 25 consecutive cuts on the LPGA Tour and hasn’t missed one since she played in the CP Women’s Open last August. This week’s CP Women’s won’t be held at the same course as last year, however. A year ago, it was held in Regina, Saskatchewan. Altomare said she doesn’t keep track of such things.

this event should be played on the James Braid Kings course. It is much more interesting than the Jack Nicklaus designed Centenary Course. Sure, the Kings Course is too short for the men; but for the ladies it would be much more interesting viewing than the much newer Centenary course.

The Kings Course has great topography, and historic architectural design. It would have been perfect for the Solheim Cup. Scores might have been a bit lower, or maybe not; but it would have been a showcase for one of the great golf course designers in the early 1900's. A real missed opportunity.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @gvogel said:

> this event should be played on the James Braid Kings course. It is much more interesting than the Jack Nicklaus designed Centenary Course. Sure, the Kings Course is too short for the men; but for the ladies it would be much more interesting viewing than the much newer Centenary course.

>

> The Kings Course has great topography, and historic architectural design. It would have been perfect for the Solheim Cup. Scores might have been a bit lower, or maybe not; but it would have been a showcase for one of the great golf course designers in the early 1900's. A real missed opportunity.

Was Braid the course architect or was it merely named for him?

Not getting excited about this. PGA is worst course at Gleneagles and will be soaking unless they have sorted the drainage. Picking Pettersen is a sign of sheer desperation. The European Ladies Tour is dying through lack of sponsors and big names and our captain has zero personality. A Korean, Thai and Taiwanese team could take on the best of both sides and destroy them.

• Like 1

> @elwhippy said:

> Not getting excited about this. PGA is worst course at Gleneagles and will be soaking unless they have sorted the drainage. Picking Pettersen is a sign of sheer desperation. The European Ladies Tour is dying through lack of sponsors and big names and our captain has zero personality. A Korean, Thai and Taiwanese team could take on the best of both sides and destroy them.

I wonder if Sophie Gustafson would be interested in being a Captain? From whatI've read her stuttering has improved a lot. Maybe when Kerr becomes US captain.

This's a comprehensive summary of Solheim Cup Team USA scenarios

[https://golfchannel.com/news/few-more-queasy-days-us-solheim-cup-team-settled](https://www.golfchannel.com/news/few-more-queasy-days-us-solheim-cup-team-settled "https://golfchannel.com/news/few-more-queasy-days-us-solheim-cup-team-settled")

Hoping Ally McDonald makes the team. Would be great to see a Mississippi girl make it. I dont 100% understand the qualifying requirements but she may qualify thru the ranking system, if not shes like 9 in points, so hopefully she gets the nod.

I remember the first time i saw her, she was playing for the boys team at her school and my guys had qualified for state that her team was hosting. I saw her on the range and thought "aw thats cool they got a girl interested in golf enough to play for the boys high school, they must not have enough boys if they have a girl playing for them"...and she went on to beat every guy on my team playing from the same tees, hahaha.

• Like 1