Pulling a Stability off a shaft

finchi5finchi5 Members Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just had an interesting question from a guy asking if I you can pull a stability shaft off the steel shaft and refit to another putter. I know the manufacturer doesn’t recommend pulling the stability off due to multilayers of material but it would be great to be able to transfer it from
One club to another especially at that price.

Tagged:

Comments

• 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NCClubWRX Posts: 1,901 ClubWRX

It's actually really easy if you take your time. The easiest way I've done it is to heat up a metal rod until it's red hot and stick it up inside the steel tip. Let it sit inside for a bit and then you can usually pull off the steel shaft from the Graphite tube. If it won't budge then repeat a few times until it's free.

• finchi5finchi5 Members Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a rod suitable so I was thinking that just didn’t want to cook the graphite

• jblough99jblough99 Members Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭

Possibly another option would be to just heat the existing metal shaft that is still attached to the head, heat well below the stability adapter and let the heat transfer up the shaft. Wouldnt really matter if you damage/discolor the shaft "stem" as it would need pulled from the head and a new steel shaft installed anyhow to use the existing putter.

• finchi5finchi5 Members Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

All sorted! Worked a treat

• SizzFractorSizzFractor So. CalMembers Posts: 15 ✭✭

No telling if that would alter the performance though?

PXG 0811X Gen2 9* / Aldila Rouge Silver 130 MSI 70s
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 5 Wood / Oban Revenge 8S
    PXG 0341 22* Hybrid / Veylix Rome 988s WildEye
    Callaway Apex 5-PW / Catalyst 100 6.0
    Miura 51* / 55* / DG 115
    Vega VW-08 60* Shimada
    Bettinardi Custom BB0 Long Neck / EVNROLL ER2CS - STABILITY SHAFT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file