Callaway Epic Flash Star Driver

DavidvDavidv Members Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not too popular on this forum due to the average skill level of many members. But I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this driver. Seems like a good fit for those with a swing speed under 100. The cost is high but could be worth it. Anyone?

Comments

• MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

One there is a lot of us on here that don’t swing over a 100. Two if you’ve been fitted and told that’s the club best for you or tried the driver and like how it performs then get it. There is no shame in playing the club that fits your ability.

Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • DavidvDavidv Members Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Markrip said:
    One there is a lot of us on here that don’t swing over a 100. Two if you’ve been fitted and told that’s the club best for you or tried the driver and like how it performs then get it. There is no shame in playing the club that fits your ability.

No shame involved, just trying to find some info on this driver from someone who has hit it. The problem is none of the retailers in my area stock the driver or have a demo you can hit. I like what I have read on it but was hoping for some real feedback from others who may have tried it.

• hef63303hef63303 Members Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Send me a message with your location and I will see who might have one for you to hit. My info will only work in the US or Canada.

• erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I swing the driver around 90mph and gave the R flex a waggle the other day in the shop. It literally felt like an L flex. I handed it to my buddy who also hits R flex clubs and he said the same thing.

The XXIO drivers are the same way. Shafts that are labeled as R but feel softer than L flex.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 12* | Even Flow Green 55
    Hybrids: Cobra King OS 3/4 | 4/5 | Recoil 460 ES
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW | Modus 105
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum

Handicap: 10.5

• tonypizzletonypizzle Members Posts: 48 ✭✭

yeah i saw these at the local pga tour superstore. i was wondering what they were. i am interested to see if anyone that fits the profile actually enjoyed it and thought it would be a better option. not gonna lie, i like the colorway a ton better than the green and yellow haha

• NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My swing speed is under 95 now. I'd try it if it meant better speed but using the EPIC Flash regular with the EvenFlow 50 shaft and loving every time I hit it. I think Callaway is on to something with this series of EPICs. Sorry I can't give you a review but **** if it hits good for you go for it.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 and 5 Wood Ping G15
    3-5 Hybrids Cobra Baffler XL
    6-GW Titleist AP1s
    53 degree Wedge Titleist AP1
    58 degree SW Vokey SM6
    Putter White Hot V LINE Fang w/round Edel Grip
  • tbone18tbone18 COLUMBUS, OHIOMembers Posts: 496 ✭✭✭✭

The Epic Flash Star Drivers are designed for the slower swing speeds, under 85mph. With the 30 gram shaft in regular and light flex, the shaft will play softer due to such a light weight. They do make a stiff but it will play softer than a standard 60 gram shaft. I don't think with a 95 mph swing speed will fit into this club as well as a 80 mph swing speed and under.

EPIC FLASH SUB ZERO TRIPLE DIAMOND 9* -1/N DIAMANA W70X
    MIZUNO CLK HYBRID 16 MOTORE SPEEDER TS 9.8X
    CALLAWAY APEX CF19 3,4 X-FORGED 5,6 APEX MB 7-PW MODUS 130X
    CALLAWAY MD4 BLK 48, 52, 58 $ TAPER BLK PVD
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB TOULON PALM BEACH
    TM TP5X 2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file