2019 BMW Championship - discussion

GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals Posts: 8,501 mod

Please put any questions or comments here

Comments

  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Love the shots of JT swinging the 3 wood there, just love that action.

    Also noticed his dad showing some of video to Kevin Kisner. Wonder if there is a working relationship there at all?

    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • soap1984soap1984 Members Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Maybe I'm just not paying attention to this forum but I haven't seen anything about new 0311t; doesn't billy ho have some new pxg 0311ts in his bag? I haven't seen those before they aren't the gen2. Wonder if those wedges Louis is using are stealths or what, couldn't see the back of them.

    Epic Flash - Diamana BF 
    Ping G - 17 Hybrid
    Ping G410 - 19 Hybrid
    Titleist TMB 4 Iron, AP2 5-PW (modus 105)
    Vokey SM7 50, 56, 62
    Spider x
  • jgolf215jgolf215 JT Members Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 1:22am #4

    Looks like Patrick Reed went from his trusty old White Hot Pro # 3 to a White Hot RX #2 with a Pro insert and a WHP paint job. Also looks like a tungsten plug in the toe.

    Callaway Rogue 9* ( N/S) Fubuki J 50
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65
    Callaway XR16 19* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75
    Callaway Apex 20* & 23* KuroKage Black 80HY
    Callaway XR Pro 5-9 KBS Tour V
    Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50-/10* 
    Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour V
    Callaway MD Forged 54*/10* & 58*/08* 
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini S w SS Flatso Traxion 1.0 or
    Odyssey ProType #2 Nippon XXIP B2 w Iomic Absolute X
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
    Glove: UA Strikeskin Tour
    Shoe: UA

    XR16 19*/5 wood alternates w Apex 20* hybrid.
    Apex 23* alternates with Apex UT 24*
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,836 ClubWRX

    @jgolf215 said:
    Looks like Patrick Reed went from his trusty old White Hot Pro # 3 to a White Hot RX #2 with a Pro insert and a WHP paint job. Also looks like a tungsten plug in the toe.

    That's the putter he won with last week. His caddy was on PGA tour radio and talking about the putter. Said that Patrick wasn't putting well so he grabbed one of the three or so on the bench to change things up and bingo, win. He also said it's his 1st full tournament with a new ball. Not sure what he went to.

    M4 10.5°  Fujikura Ventus 6
    TS2 15°  Diamana S+ Ltd 70
    790UDI  PX Catalyst 80 -or- 818H2 19°  Motore Speeder 8.8TS
    0311T 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
    SM7 62M  KBS Tour
    custom putter
    Tour B XS

    (¬¬) WITB Link
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Pretty sure he went to the ProV1 2017. J Wall quoted him as needing more spin into the greens as he hits all his shots 3/4 and was seeing too much roll out.

    @jokerusn said:

    @jgolf215 said:
    Looks like Patrick Reed went from his trusty old White Hot Pro # 3 to a White Hot RX #2 with a Pro insert and a WHP paint job. Also looks like a tungsten plug in the toe.

    That's the putter he won with last week. His caddy was on PGA tour radio and talking about the putter. Said that Patrick wasn't putting well so he grabbed one of the three or so on the bench to change things up and bingo, win. He also said it's his 1st full tournament with a new ball. Not sure what he went to.

  • JRS1939JRS1939 Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

    @awtryau89 said:
    Pretty sure he went to the ProV1 2017. J Wall quoted him as needing more spin into the greens as he hits all his shots 3/4 and was seeing too much roll out.

    @jokerusn said:

    @jgolf215 said:
    Looks like Patrick Reed went from his trusty old White Hot Pro # 3 to a White Hot RX #2 with a Pro insert and a WHP paint job. Also looks like a tungsten plug in the toe.

    That's the putter he won with last week. His caddy was on PGA tour radio and talking about the putter. Said that Patrick wasn't putting well so he grabbed one of the three or so on the bench to change things up and bingo, win. He also said it's his 1st full tournament with a new ball. Not sure what he went to.

    Pretty sure hes put another new ball in since then

  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 4:58pm #8

    No, I read that this week in Jonathan Wall's article after his win. It specifically mentioned he was playing an older version of the ProV1 after testing. Here's our former Tursky's article:

    https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/08/13/golf-clubs-equipment-patrick-reed-change-golf-ball-titleist-the-northern-trust.html

    @JRS1939 said:

    @awtryau89 said:
    Pretty sure he went to the ProV1 2017. J Wall quoted him as needing more spin into the greens as he hits all his shots 3/4 and was seeing too much roll out.

    @jokerusn said:

    @jgolf215 said:
    Looks like Patrick Reed went from his trusty old White Hot Pro # 3 to a White Hot RX #2 with a Pro insert and a WHP paint job. Also looks like a tungsten plug in the toe.

    That's the putter he won with last week. His caddy was on PGA tour radio and talking about the putter. Said that Patrick wasn't putting well so he grabbed one of the three or so on the bench to change things up and bingo, win. He also said it's his 1st full tournament with a new ball. Not sure what he went to.

    Pretty sure hes put another new ball in since then

  • shinobishinobi Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

    Rickie Fowler's cap was upsetting.

  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file