Patrick Reed vs Dustin Johnson. ( don’t laugh)

2»

Comments

• idriveidrive gone golfin Members Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@shanx said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@idrive said:
    Nobody but nobody can pull off the swagger like DJ. That's worth a couple of Majors all by itself. Can't even imagine PR trying to pull off the swagger walking up to the green.........

Any of that make sense?.

I never understood why people think DJ has "swagger".. he seems like such a doofus to me, and always seems like he is lost. I think because he landed Paulina everyone thinks he has swagger. I think it simply because they both like to party.

This. I'd say he is more aloof than confident, kind of clueless with a mountain of talent.

I guess (once again) I should have elaborated and added, the word "walk". Nobody has the swagger walk that DJ has. I've noticed the better he's playing the better the swagger (walk). So... can you imagine PR swaggering up to the green in the full DJ swagger walk? lol

• shanxshanx Members Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@idrive said:

@shanx said:

@QuigleyDU said:

@idrive said:
    Nobody but nobody can pull off the swagger like DJ. That's worth a couple of Majors all by itself. Can't even imagine PR trying to pull off the swagger walking up to the green.........

Any of that make sense?.

I never understood why people think DJ has "swagger".. he seems like such a doofus to me, and always seems like he is lost. I think because he landed Paulina everyone thinks he has swagger. I think it simply because they both like to party.

This. I'd say he is more aloof than confident, kind of clueless with a mountain of talent.

I guess (once again) I should have elaborated and added, the word "walk". Nobody has the swagger walk that DJ has. I've noticed the better he's playing the better the swagger (walk). So... can you imagine PR swaggering up to the green in the full DJ swagger walk? lol

Yeah, his gait is kinda swanky....

• JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish. PAMembers Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

@idrive said:

Any of that make sense?.

When Reed said he was a Top 5 player, that took a lot of CA Jones. Swagger can be verbal. And his Ryder Cup record proves he has heart. Plenty to spare, in fact. Finally, the massive chip on his shoulder ain't goin' anywhere soon.

DJ has a US Open trophy and Paulina, which ain't bad, but I'll place my bet on Patrick America.

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thought DJ picked up a couple wins that were shortened events....

Titleist 915D3 9.5
    Titleist 917Fd @ 14.25
    Mizuno Clk 19, 22
    Titleist 716mb 4-Pw
    Vokey SM7 52, 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 8
    Titleist ProV1

• cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 5:41pm #36

@MadGolfer76 said:

Early in his career, he specialized in those. And his first win was a Fall Finish event.
    But since then, he's compiled an impressive set of wins - US Open, 6 WGCs (second most all time, and only guy to win all 4), 4 Playoff events, and Riviera.

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cdnglf said:

@MadGolfer76 said:

Early in his career, he specialized in those. And his first win was a Fall Finish event.
    But since then, he's compiled an impressive set of wins - US Open, 6 WGCs (second most all time, and only guy to win all 4), 4 Playoff events, and Riviera.

Not saying his record isn't impressive. Just commenting for the sake of apples to apples....

Titleist 915D3 9.5
    Titleist 917Fd @ 14.25
    Mizuno Clk 19, 22
    Titleist 716mb 4-Pw
    Vokey SM7 52, 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 8
    Titleist ProV1

• idriveidrive gone golfin Members Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DavePelz4 said:
    It can be explained as easily as Reed being a Pepsi guy and DJ enjoying Coke.

Wonder how many will get that...

• Zisoda18Zisoda18 Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited Aug 15, 2019 12:10am #40

Am I the only person who doesn’t understand the hate Reed gets. I was at Medinah Tuesday and he was by far the player that took the time to sign the most autographs that I noticed, in between holes 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 he signed for all the kids. Probably 20 minutes worth of autographs. Spieth and Thomas, didn’t acknowledge the fans and seemed like they were kind Of full of themselves and in their own bubbles. Ricky wasn’t like that though so props to him. I understand players aren’t obligated for fan interaction but when your as popular as spieth and JT are at least a thumbs up or a tip of the hat when your fans cheer you on would show respect.

• mosesgolfmosesgolf Members Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@golfandfishing said:
    Paulina has to be impossible to live with. She might be fun for a few minutes, but insufferable the other 23:56 of every day. Can you imagine hearing “take a pic of this” 65,000 times every day? The drug addictions alone would be unmanageable. I’d take the hot mess of Mrs Reed over the living nightmare of Paulina any day.

@mosesgolf said:
    Well DJ has Paulina and Reed well....................

And just how do you know this? lol

Ping G400 MAX 9 Aldila 125 MSI 70 x
    Ping G 14.5 3 wood Tour 80 Stiff
    Ping G Crossover 18  AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Ping G400 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2 50*
    Ping Glide  2 54*
    Cleveland 588 60
    TM Spider Tour 38
  • OBbogey5OBbogey5 Falconer Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

DJ’s claim to fame is winning at least once per year since 1972, and winning by a wide margin a couple times. I don’t know who wouldn’t be happy with either careers. Totally subjective. Masters vs US Open debate..

• wombat_vortexwombat_vortex Members Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

Patrick Reed all the way. You may not like him, but he has the passion for the game and it doesn't appear DJ does. That will keep him out there longer. DJ I feel like will take his money and go.

• wombat_vortexwombat_vortex Members Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

Just be a contrarian, I think she is a minus. We've seen what happens to his game when there is trouble at home. She is attractive, we can all agree and this is a discussion for another time and thread, but I almost feel sorry for her.

@aenemated said:
    Paulina puts some serious points into the DJ column, IMHO.

• kobes31kobes31 EFF Members Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭

To the OP, is this hypothetical? Because you failed to mention DJ US Open win at Oakmont in 2016. That said, it's Reed all the way. He's a competitor. To me DJ just doesn't seem like he gives a shite.

• scoteescotee Members Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think DJ's "don't give a chit" attitude is an allusion. He talks slow but I think he is smarter than than you think and has a great balance of caring while knowing it is a game after all. I watched one of his press interviews earlier in the season and he was articulate, engaging and showed some good dry humor. I think his attitude will serve him well for many more years.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@golfandfishing said:
    Paulina has to be impossible to live with. She might be fun for a few minutes, but insufferable the other 23:56 of every day. Can you imagine hearing “take a pic of this” 65,000 times every day? The drug addictions alone would be unmanageable. I’d take the hot mess of Mrs Reed over the living nightmare of Paulina any day.

@mosesgolf said:

did you date her ? do tell

Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but who's pi$$ed off more people by 29....

G30 LST
    3 wood M2 HL
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros 4-P
    Cleveland Blob
    SeeMore Butts
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You counting the family of the guy DJ helped murder?

@Barfolomew said:
    Yeah but who's pi$$ed off more people by 29....

• SugarPenguinSugarPenguin Members Posts: 43 ✭✭

@golfandfishing said:

@mosesgolf said:

“Fun for a few minutes”. 😂😂
    DJ doesn’t close as many tournaments as he should do. His game this year has be pretty poor and seems to change his putter every couple of tournaments.
    Fatty Reed is a top player. He’s just very streaky in all aspects of his game. When he’s on it though he’s a machine - but that’s few and far between. DJ is much more consistent on the front page of leaderboards.

Interesting stats presented by the OP. You can’t tell me that Reed is better than DJ from a talent perspective though. There’s not a chance anybody would go spectate Reed over DJ.

The Bats:
    TS3 - Aldila Rogue Silver
    TS3 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    Apex Hybrid 19°- Kuro Kage Black
    716 AP2 - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Vokey 50° 54° 58° - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Spider Tour X
  • YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kobes31 said:
    To the OP, is this hypothetical? Because you failed to mention DJ US Open win at Oakmont in 2016. That said, it's Reed all the way. He's a competitor. To me DJ just doesn't seem like he gives a shite.

RESPONSE - When DJ was Reed’s age, he had not won a major yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file