Denver Golf Sept 11th and 12th

kbouffardkbouffard Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

My wife has a work trip out to Denver that I'm tagging along for in September. I'm looking to play a couple rounds while shes working all day. Staying at the Warwick...looking for some nice tracks out there and possibly some guys to play with if anyone is free.

Comments

• pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The closest, decent course to downtown is CommonGround. After that, you're going to have to drive quite a ways. How far are you willing to drive? What is your price range?

I think the only direction traffic won't suck in the mornings is towards the east--so CommonGround, Green Valley Ranch, Riverdale Dunes, and Murphy Creek.

"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • kbouffardkbouffard Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have all day so an hour or so trip won’t bother me.

• RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,687 ClubWRX

Bear Dance is a bit south, maybe 45 minutes to an hour south in Larkspur. Great track, fun and challenging. Always in terrific condition. The Ridge at Castle Pines North is also a good track. Between the two I would choose Bear Dance. I agree with Pseudoswede in his recommendations for courses closest to you. I haven't played CommonGround or Murphy Creek but both are really good tracks. Riverdale Dunes is the only Pete Dye course I have ever played that I like. It's also a terrific track as is Green Valley Ranch. All four of these have or currently hosts tournaments of some significance.

Titleist 905T 9.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour  AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Tour (3-PW) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips
  • milehigh331milehigh331 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

many courses on the front range aerate greens in September and October. Wherever you choose to go you might want to check what their aeration schedule is

• Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers Posts: 49 ✭✭

Colorado National is in real great shape right now and is only about a 20-25 minute drive north from downtown. Might give it a look.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file