GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Denver Golf Sept 11th and 12th

kbouffard ·  
kbouffardkbouffard Members  7WRX Points: 5Handicap: 6Posts: 7 Bunkers

My wife has a work trip out to Denver that I'm tagging along for in September. I'm looking to play a couple rounds while shes working all day. Staying at the Warwick...looking for some nice tracks out there and possibly some guys to play with if anyone is free.

Posted:

Comments

• pseudoswedepseudoswede Fear the Power Draw Parker, COMembers  1553WRX Points: 249Handicap: 9ishPosts: 1,553 Platinum Tees

The closest, decent course to downtown is CommonGround. After that, you're going to have to drive quite a ways. How far are you willing to drive? What is your price range?

I think the only direction traffic won't suck in the mornings is towards the east--so CommonGround, Green Valley Ranch, Riverdale Dunes, and Murphy Creek.

Posted:
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (orange dot)
    Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kbouffardkbouffard Members  7WRX Points: 5Handicap: 6Posts: 7 Bunkers

I have all day so an hour or so trip won’t bother me.

Posted:
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5538WRX Points: 1,192Posts: 5,538 ClubWRX

Bear Dance is a bit south, maybe 45 minutes to an hour south in Larkspur. Great track, fun and challenging. Always in terrific condition. The Ridge at Castle Pines North is also a good track. Between the two I would choose Bear Dance. I agree with Pseudoswede in his recommendations for courses closest to you. I haven't played CommonGround or Murphy Creek but both are really good tracks. Riverdale Dunes is the only Pete Dye course I have ever played that I like. It's also a terrific track as is Green Valley Ranch. All four of these have or currently hosts tournaments of some significance.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
    Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

• milehigh331milehigh331 Members  76WRX Points: 50Posts: 76 Fairways

many courses on the front range aerate greens in September and October. Wherever you choose to go you might want to check what their aeration schedule is

Posted:
  • Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers  81WRX Points: 34Posts: 81 Fairways

Colorado National is in real great shape right now and is only about a 20-25 minute drive north from downtown. Might give it a look.

Posted:
  • ThunderBuzzworthThunderBuzzworth Hulk... Smash!! Members  2636WRX Points: 222Handicap: +3Posts: 2,636 Titanium Tees

Are there any caddies local to Colorado Golf Club that are willing to caddy in the US Mid-Am?

Posted:
    Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
    PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
    SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
    SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
    CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
    CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
    CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
    TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
    BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MackDaddy480MackDaddy480 Members  266WRX Points: 80Posts: 266 Greens

On -, @ThunderBuzzworth said:

Are there any caddies local to Colorado Golf Club that are willing to caddy in the US Mid-Am?

Thunder - did you qualify for it?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.