What I Find Amazing About Geese

BeerPerHole ·  
BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1605WRX Points: 475Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees

Probably the strangest post here today. But, heregoes...I get into the office pretty early here in Norcal and my window is up on the 9th floor. Great view. I have a thing for watching the birds from up here. We have a couple resident falcons that pass real close by my window, crazy crows, some coopers hawks, etc. Regularly, geese fly by in formation. Small or big gaggles: almost always there is an even number of them in the formation because, as I understand it, they mate for life. As I type this...there goes eight. Ten minutes ago, a pack of 20 cruised by. They're heading north for some reason, probably up to the refuge about 30 miles north of here.

Posted:
Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
Ping Anser G Putter
Ping G400 5-Wood
Snell MTB-X
Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1605WRX Points: 475Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees

On -, @JDFish said:

I thought the post was going to be about how much they sh*t on golf courses.

LOL...yeah. I find that amazing too. I especially like when it gets fuzzy like little snow balls. Pretty...

Posted:
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Trident/Lowcountry areaMembers  422WRX Points: 173Handicap: ManyPosts: 422 Greens

Only thing good about those birds is after they been breasted out, marinated in Italian dressing and thrown on the grill (usually lots of booze involved too).
    We used to call them "sky carp" when referring to what we were hunting.

Posted:
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members  2038WRX Points: 829Handicap: ~9Posts: 2,038 Platinum Tees

Coopers Hawks are amazing predators. Stealthy and FAST. Geese, not so much.

Posted:

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+

Yeah, we get coopers hawks working our neighborhood. They come screaming over the tops of the fences and all **** breaks loose as the birds scatter. It's pretty fun to watch...

Posted:
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
  • ohioglfrohioglfr Municipal Junkie Dayton, OhioMembers  931WRX Points: 199Handicap: 16Posts: 931 Golden Tee

On -, @JDFish said:

I thought the post was going to be about how much they sh*t on golf courses.

Geese used to crap all over the entryway where I work. We put a swan decoy in the glassed-in foyer and haven't seen the geese there since.

Posted:

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S)
    Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R)
    Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R)
    Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R)
    Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R)
    Ping Darby Sigma G

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

We have a border collie, "Liam", who works our course to chase off the geese. Somehow, he's figured out it's ok to let the ducks stay and raise their babies in the ponds. Other courses in the area really get s&4177ed up...

Posted:
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DCMembers  2151WRX Points: 1,563Posts: 2,151 Platinum Tees

Sky Pandas

They are just snakes with wings.

Posted:
    Hive Tour Titles: 2
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  279WRX Points: 248Handicap: +3Posts: 279 Greens

Those geese are awful. We had one on the course I used to play that wouldnt let golfers play unless they were in a cart. Had to be "professionally" removed. Now at my new course they use a couple coyote decoys and they dont come around.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.