GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Bushnell Tour V4

KhooBot ·  
KhooBotKhooBot Singapore/Columbia,SCMembers  54WRX Points: 31Handicap: 9Posts: 54 Bunkers

I've been using my bushnell tour v4 (non-slope) for about a year and a half now, never had any problems with the lifespan of the battery. However, I took a month long-ish break from golf and left my bag at home and the rangefinder in the case only to come back and try to use it during a round and found that it sort of stopped working and there was some sort of water droplets in the lens.
When I first took it out, there was some moisture in it (attached pics) but it still showed me my yardages and was working perfectly fine. After the second shot, I tried using it again but this time it wouldn't even turn on. I've tried soaking it in rice, silica gel and even put it with my cameras in the dry box but the water droplets never budged. So I decided to get a new battery and it worked! BUT, after it went off for about a minute, it wouldn't work again. Take the battery out and back in, it worked... then it wouldn't turn on again... the cycle continues.
Has anyone have had such trouble? and would this be covered under warranty since it's under 2 years?
I've never let it go under the rain, heck I've never let it touch water so what gives???

Sidenote: what should I get next if this doesn't work out... Garmin G80 seems really interesting and would likely help improve my game but I've really liked using a rangefinder since I've started golfing the last 2 years

Posted:
Taylormade M5 (10.5) - Tensei CK Pro White 70 TX
Mizuno ST190 (15) - ATMOS TS Black 7X
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3i - Tensei CK Pro White Hybrid 90 TX
Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi 4-iron (C-Taper Lite 115X)
Mizuno MP18 MMC 5/6 (C-Taper 130X)
Mizuno MP18 MB 7/8/9/PW (C-Taper 130X)
Taylormade Milled Grind 50* SB/ 54* HB
Taylormade Bigfoot 58*
Taylormade Spider Black

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.