GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Bridgestone Tour B X - small review after 18 holes

herbert7890 ·  
herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  361WRX Points: 232Handicap: 3.4Posts: 361 Greens

Hi Everyone,

I just want to briefly share my assessment over the Bridgestone Tour B X after a full round on Sunday.

**Overall: ** The ball is on the firmer side (which I prefer) but its not clicky at all and has very comparable short game spin as the Pro Vs.

Driver: I believe this is the ball's best attribute. This ball seems to fly longer and roll longer than previous balls I have used recently (almost all urethane balls in the market). On Sunday's round, It would be safe to say I average over 290 from the tee with this ball, just doing my normal swing with the driver (I have always been a very fast and long hitter and I get too much backspin with most balls with the driver). My longest drive was a 325 yard drive on a 350 yard par 4. Also had 5-6 more 300+. Even my playing partners were in shock with the distances I was getting. Really high and boring flight with amazing roll.

Irons: Very controllable flight with plenty of spin, from long to short irons

Putting: Love the feel of this firmer ball, while not reaching the clicky firmess of the 2017 Srixon XV (that one feels like a rock, but need to try the 2019 version). Amazing feel around the greens and putting for those that love a firmer ball.

Drawbacks: My only concern with this otherwise "Perfect Ball' to my game, is my concern over the durability. After the 6th hole, I noticed the cover of the ball was deeply cut, it was unusable at that point, as you could visible see the inner layer of the ball (so I had to discard it, can take a pic tonight). Apart from that, this ball fits my swing and game, perfectly. I have many other balls at home that I will use up, but I think I might switch to this ball permanently very soon if the durability issue was an isolated instance (note: I had not hit any trees, or cart path or gotten in a bunker before the cover broke-in)

What do you guys think of this ball? I probably gained 10 yards with the driver with this ball.

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM Driver (set to 7.5 Degrees)
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3-Wood
Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50 Degrees
Vokey Custom SM8 (56 and 60)
Scotty Cameron Special Select 2020 Newport 2

Comments

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3166WRX Points: 808Handicap: 6Posts: 3,166 Titanium Tees

This was my favorite premium mass market ball. Hit it long and straight. Had no durability issues but didn’t hit the ball 325... I probably averaged 280 with it.

I play the mtb black right now. It doesn’t fly as far, but it’s maybe five yards. Love everything else about the snell, especially the price point.

The Bridgestone is a great ball, though

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  361WRX Points: 232Handicap: 3.4Posts: 361 Greens

On -, @Myherobobhope said:

This was my favorite premium mass market ball. Hit it long and straight. Had no durability issues but didn’t hit the ball 325... I probably averaged 280 with it.

I play the mtb black right now. It doesn’t fly as far, but it’s maybe five yards. Love everything else about the snell, especially the price point.

Thanks for your input. Coincidentally, I ordered a dozen of the Snell MTB-X and they are coming tomorrow. Want to compare them to the Tour B X, as the bridgestone was the second longest in the "ball test" and MTB-X was ranked as the longest. I will post back once I play with them.

Posted:

Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons

• PhilomathesqPhilomathesq Legal EagleMembers  914WRX Points: 1,066Handicap: My tolerance for stupidity.Posts: 914 Golden Tee

On -, @herbert7890 said:

Hi Everyone,

I just want to briefly share my assessment over the Bridgestone Tour B X after a full round on Sunday.

**Overall: ** The ball is on the firmer side (which I prefer) but its not clicky at all and has very comparable short game spin as the Pro Vs.

Driver: I believe this is the ball's best attribute. This ball seems to fly longer and roll longer than previous balls I have used recently (almost all urethane balls in the market). On Sunday's round, It would be safe to say I average over 290 from the tee with this ball, just doing my normal swing with the driver (I have always been a very fast and long hitter and I get too much backspin with most balls with the driver). My longest drive was a 325 yard drive on a 350 yard par 4. Also had 5-6 more 300+. Even my playing partners were in shock with the distances I was getting. Really high and boring flight with amazing roll.

Irons: Very controllable flight with plenty of spin, from long to short irons

Putting: Love the feel of this firmer ball, while not reaching the clicky firmess of the 2017 Srixon XV (that one feels like a rock, but need to try the 2019 version). Amazing feel around the greens and putting for those that love a firmer ball.

Drawbacks: My only concern with this otherwise "Perfect Ball' to my game, is my concern over the durability. After the 6th hole, I noticed the cover of the ball was deeply cut, it was unusable at that point, as you could visible see the inner layer of the ball (so I had to discard it, can take a pic tonight). Apart from that, this ball fits my swing and game, perfectly. I have many other balls at home that I will use up, but I think I might switch to this ball permanently very soon if the durability issue was an isolated instance (note: I had not hit any trees, or cart path or gotten in a bunker before the cover broke-in)

What do you guys think of this ball? I probably gained 10 yards with the driver with this ball.

As far as the durability issue goes, I think you may have just had a freak experience. I tried out the BX this weekend and, despite hitting a cart path on the third hole (and I must have hit the edge, as the ball was traveling to the left and after it hit, it immediately rebounded back to the right and into the middle of the fairway), I was able to use the same ball for all 18 holes without any durability concerns. It did get scuffed after it hit the cart path, but there were no gouges or anything else that prevented me from playing the rest of the round with it.

But, YMMV... like the poster above, I do not ever hit it 325, or over 300.

Posted:

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone 9* w/ Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7X
    3-Wood: TaylorMade M5 15* w/ Oban Devotion 8 O5
    Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5
    4i - 9i: Callaway Apex MB w/ KBS C-Taper 130X
    Wedges: Jaws MD5 46/10S, 50/10S, 54/8C, 58/8W, all w/ DG TI S400
    Putter: Lajosi Custom DD201WB w/ Stability Shaft
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1827210/philomathesqs-whats-in-the-bag

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3166WRX Points: 808Handicap: 6Posts: 3,166 Titanium Tees

On -, @herbert7890 said:

Thanks for your input. Coincidentally, I ordered a dozen of the Snell MTB-X and they are coming tomorrow. Want to compare them to the Tour B X, as the bridgestone was the second longest in the "ball test" and MTB-X was ranked as the longest. I will post back once I play with them.

I’m now on my fourth dozen of snell black... should probably be playing the x, but didn’t get along with them at the beginning of the season.

If you don’t like the x, I’ll do a 3 for 3 just for **** and giggles

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7

• herbert7890herbert7890 San AntonioMembers  361WRX Points: 232Handicap: 3.4Posts: 361 Greens

On -, @herbert7890 said:

I’m now on my fourth dozen of snell black... should probably be playing the x, but didn’t get along with them at the beginning of the season.

Will keep you in mind if I dont like them (heck even If I like them, its not a bad idea to also try the black)

Posted:

Mizuno MP-20 SEL Irons

On -, @herbert7890 said:

On -, @herbert7890 said:

Will keep you in mind if I dont like them (heck even If I like them, its not a bad idea to also try the black)

Selfishly, I think I should be playing the x... but the black have been performing.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7

Advertisement
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX  4781WRX Points: 533Handicap: 3.2Posts: 4,781 ClubWRX

I play the BXS a bit... I love it off the putter. It's on the quieter side compared to most balls that sound very clicky off the putter face. Off the driver its as good as anything else, irons seem to be very consistent. I will agree though, the durability is less than stellar. I just played a TP5x last week and that ball seems to be a very good combo of feel, distance, and durability. Also, stops well on the greens. I only played it once, but I intend to put it in play this week also to see if that first one wasn't a fluke.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9*
    Ping G410 14.5* 
    Titleist 915h 21* 
    Srixon Z745 4-P
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50, SM7 56
    Odyssey Toulon Palm Beach 34"

• DasenergiDasenergi 84109Members  947WRX Points: 117Handicap: 7.2Posts: 947 Golden Tee

After finally settling on the TP5X/TP5 last year I recently was given a sleeve of the Tour B-Xs at a tourney and from the 1st shot I was blown away. It’s great off the tee, longer and straighter than anything I’ve hit in a long time. It spins great and is predictable around the greens. Love the firm but not clicky feel off the putter too. Super impressed all around. I haven’t had any durability issues. Luckily I was able to swap my stash of TP5Xs in for the Tour B-X’s. Now we just need Bridgestone to fix their terrible naming approach because the goods are top notch. I would have never even hit the ball if I wasn’t given them in the scramble.

Posted:

• ShooterMcDabbinShooterMcDabbin LongmontMembers  39WRX Points: 29Handicap: 4.7Posts: 39 Bunkers

After trying the new ProV1, ProV1x, MTB-X, and the '19 TP5x, the Bridgestone BX has been the best performing ball for me and I just ordered 4 dozen to commit fully. I hit more fairways and take less putts using the Bridgestone...nothing more to it.

Posted:

PXG 0811x 9° w/ Oban Devotion 6
    Callaway Big Bertha 3h 18° w/ Oban Devotion 8
    Callaway CF19 Apex Smoke 4-P w/ Black C-Taper Lite 110
    Titleist SM6 50/54/58 w/ Dynamic Gold S
    Tommy Armour TA3

On -, @ShooterMcDabbin said:

After trying the new ProV1, ProV1x, MTB-X, and the '19 TP5x, the Bridgestone BX has been the best performing ball for me and I just ordered 4 dozen to commit fully. I hit more fairways and take less putts using the Bridgestone...nothing more to it.

I'm committed to the MTB Black this season because they are cheaper... but I will pick up the BX if I find them on sale again. Got a dozen for $30 and they flat out performed for me across the entire course... It's such a good freaking ball.

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7

• StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1850WRX Points: 290Handicap: ?Posts: 1,850 Platinum Tees

Bridgestone made Nike balls and there has been a lot of comparison with the BX to the RZN black tour prior to it being discontinued. I think they are a little different but, if you score these for $30 a dozen, I say get as many as you can

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Go_Blue!Go_Blue! HAIL! Members  1671WRX Points: 187Posts: 1,671 Platinum Tees

On -, @EastTNGolfer said:

I find the BX to be quite similar to the MTB-X. Been playing mostly the BX, but I think I may stick with the Snell due to price.

MTB-X spins more on approaches and around the green imo...and is a little softer.

Posted:
    8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Blue 60TX
    15* TM M1 w/ Rogue Silver X
    19* TM M1 w/80x Black Tie
    4-PW Srixon Z745 w/ TTDG X100
    Titleist SM6 52.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.10 S 
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade TP5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.